AVIC411.com

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, my avic 5000nex is not working. Trying to install new maps I chose the option copy device and now when I turn it on a software error message appears. I wrote the image of my unit to an SD card. I have no idea what else should I do to recover the system? Thanks for any help

Hello, my avic 5000nex is not working. Trying to install new maps I chose the option copy device and now when I turn it on a software error message appears. I wrote the image of my unit to an SD card. I have no idea what else should I do to recover the system? Thanks for any help

Welcome to the club! :)

Never click on copy device! You can read our discussion here in topic with ml_homeboy about restoring device from this state.

Hi All,

I've installed a new set of maps and licence using the USB-Avic script - all has gone well except that I now get an error message "Out of Memory" when iGo launches. Please see screen shot attached.... :(  any help, guidance or assistance would be very much appreciated...

post-132187-0-20658100-1454240517_thumb.jpg

I've installed a new set of maps and licence using the USB-Avic script - all has gone well except that I now get an error message "Out of Memory" when iGo launches. Please see screen shot attached.... :(  any help, guidance or assistance would be very much appreciated...

Please delete all your licenses in device and add only really needed licenses. If this isn't help you, then try to copy licenses one by one to check which license leads this out of memory error. Also try to start copying (one by one) from base pioneer maps license from your original license pack from device.

Welcome to the club! :)

Never click on copy device! You can read our discussion here in topic with ml_homeboy about restoring device from this state.

can I replace the contents of the internal card with an external card with image written in it? So not having to disassemble the equipment. In that case what steps should I follow? Thanks

can I replace the contents of the internal card with an external card with image written in it? So not having to disassemble the equipment. In that case what steps should I follow? Thanks

Yes. But sometimes users still need to disassemble unit and write backup image directly into internal sd card.

To restore your device without dismounting:

1) write backup image (using win32diskimager, dd command in *nix or something like this) into usb/sd flash of corresponding size.

2) use testmode_n.key type "copy device" written to FAT32-formatted USB stick (without additional partitions) to enter EasyRecovery mode.

3) execute Copy Device mode.

To restore your device with dismounting and extracting internal sd card:

1) use testmode_n.key type "mode change". Just after mode change please power off your device and don't power it on until you remove sd card. This removes password lock from internal sd card. Once you powered on your device, sd card will be locked again.

2) insert internal sd card into your desktop/laptop/cardreader.

3) write backup image directly into internal sd card.

Please make sure that you do not simply copy *.img file into sd card. You need to use special software (win32diskimager, dd, or other) to write image.

You can download 5000NEX image here: https://builds.casual-dev.com/index.php?dir=random%2FAVIC%2F

Yes. But sometimes users still need to disassemble unit and write backup image directly into internal sd card.

To restore your device without dismounting:

1) write backup image (using win32diskimager, dd command in *nix or something like this) into usb/sd flash of corresponding size.

2) use testmode_n.key type "copy device" written to FAT32-formatted USB stick (without additional partitions) to enter EasyRecovery mode.

3) execute Copy Device mode.

To restore your device with dismounting and extracting internal sd card:

1) use testmode_n.key type "mode change". Just after mode change please power off your device and don't power it on until you remove sd card. This removes password lock from internal sd card. Once you powered on your device, sd card will be locked again.

2) insert internal sd card into your desktop/laptop/cardreader.

3) write backup image directly into internal sd card.

Please make sure that you do not simply copy *.img file into sd card. You need to use special software (win32diskimager, dd, or other) to write image.

You can download 5000NEX image here: https://builds.casual-dev.com/index.php?dir=random%2FAVIC%2F

I just can`t execute testmode_n key. Sorry but I'm stuck at