AVIC411.com

You guys have to read, that means the entire thread.....I never knew how to do this other than simple copy/paste...I had to read all the info..all the mistakes and tidbits and pitfalls people went through. Most people wont hand feed when the info is in the thread...I had to read and now I have to find the info for YOU...cmon...STOP BEING LAZY.

Everytime I check this thread someone wants a handout...read...then read it again..read other threads so you get the info..slang....lingo...technical terms people are using.

The first spoiler has the  file....pick the correct one for your application

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81468-the-avic-development-mod/?p=337784

Follow the instructs, that will patch the nav software open to accept the changes.

NEVER ENTER COPY DEVICE MODE, YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE!

Instruction to install patch 

• Download file corresponding to your navigation version. You can check your version in About/Version information in maps application.
  • Unpack/unrar downloaded file into FAT32-formatted USB stick, insert stick into USB1 (USB2 isn't working). POWER unit
  • Your device will reboot into testmode.
  • Select Write program forcedly => Copy Script, script will patch your system( IT wont say you correctly applied ANYTHING...it will simply reboot. 
  • Remove USB stick after script finishes.

All that file does is get you into testmode, the script is a diff operation...you enable the script

(4. Select Write program forcedly => Copy Script, script will patch your system and reboot.)

which patch's the nav software.

Loading Map files:

I took the same USB with the same files on it and added the new map files in the matching folders....( YES you create the folders and sub folders)...that the files will go into

on the unit( so I can remember where they go).

http://www.gpspower.net/igo-tutorials/304319-where-put-igo-different-files.html

I also created a folder called Backup on the usb

So once again-

• insert stick into USB1 (USB2 isn't working).
  • Your device will reboot into testmode.
  • NOTICE.....your not applying any script or patch
  • Using the built in file manager-> Linux Root-->extdata-->iGO...I copied the license and contents folders  off my unit and pasted into my Backup folder on the usb.(patience this can take some time)
  • You likely( I cant rem) wont get some pretty notice that everything copied.....make sure..dig around and check it out
  • Once your sure they are backed up...go back into the license and contents folders on the unit and into the sub folders and delete the files your going to replace..FILES...NOT SUB FOLDERS
  • Now you go to those exactly named folders and sub folders on the usb and copy/move the contents onto the unit in the coresponding correct folders and sub folders.
  • Patience...wait for it to fin...might take 5 mins..maybe 20 mins

Now if this is all to much for you...dont try it.

NEX 8000

the problem is this makes no mention mention of the avic2usb and usb2avic scripts, doesnt tell you how to use them and doesnt tell you they are going to be needed. thats why so many are having issues. theres missing information.

i didnt know that either and tried to use usb2avic, because all i wanted to do is copy the damn files from my usb to the unit and be done with it. now there is no igo folder in the unit. so now i need to make an igo folder on the usb and i need someone to tell me what was in the units original igo folder so i can put all that in and try again. its frustrating as hell. the older units ran on windows and it was incredibly easy, but with this one the simple cop and paste method of using a computer does not work and you need this script and that script and all this other stuff. no one seems to understand that frustration at all.

can someone please tell me the exact contents of the igo folder on the unit so i can try this again?

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please tell me the exact contents of the igo folder on the unit so i can try this again?

AGAIN your not reading

wtf...I put a link and the info

Using the built in file manager-> Linux Root-->extdata-->iGO

http://www.gpspower.net/igo-tutorials/304319-where-put-igo-different-files.html

figure it out

Out of fear of bricking my unit, OR just damaging it and having to return it OR just hours of adjusting files back and forth till I fix what I broke... I simply read this whole thread, from front to back (skipping some off topic conversation that leaked in) and upon my FIRST TRY, EVERYTHING WORKED.

Maps, buildings, POI, its all there, seems faster than before, and Q3 2015 landed without a hitch. AvicSync still works (though it still has 2013 maps loaded on my phone, and wont update further without purchase). Traffic also works via radio (clearchannel) and avicsync.

Why am I saying this? Bragging? No. Its just frustrating reading this whole thread and seeing so many miss what the few DEV guys so clearly explain. Please read everything before bricking your $500-1200 unit. Please read before asking about things that were posted before... sometimes in triplicate. And thank the DEV's for their hard work on this (Thanks to all of you!)

Once you have read everything, the posts that need the most attention are, in my opinion:

Post 138 explaining what to expect

207 for the checklist of map/poi/etc files you will need to have obtained and organized from gpspower.net

180 for a scripted "easy route" (I did not go this route)

375 Instructions for direct install (using file manager, slower but allows for customization and understanding of how the system works)

I am looking forward to tweaking my installation, removing areas that I will never drive to (hawaii etc) installing speedcam files, and cleaning up the license database. My hope, other than to save space on the internal drive for future updates, is to improve load performance when using the map, and destinations (less files to search through=better performance?) Maybe, I'll let you know. Good luck out there guys.

All NEX Units that run the Android firmware are compatible. So that means NEX 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 4100, 5100, 6100, 7100, and 8100. As well as their European counterparts.

Does this mean i can use this software to recover my password from my avh-4000nex?

And if so how do i do it?

Hello,

I am 71 years and live in Chile for about 2 years. In my VW T5, which I have taken from Germany, an AVIC F940BT is with European maps.

That reminds me of the Pioneer Customer Service on request told that I can not install any other cards on my unit and my unit for South America was unusable, I started to search the Internet for a solution.

And I have come to the AVIC411 Forum. Unfortunately, I did not go to the load of other cards, so I have loaded me to try the latest firmware 6000 and the latest Card 2015, which I succeeded.

Then I tried v.2.2 Conti's Hachmode what did not succeed and I had great difficulty to bring my device back in order.

Now the program Pioneerus came into play, but allegedly only install firmware 4.600 läst.

So I have my backup 4.100 played back, which did succeed well. Then I tried to upgrade to 4,600 where I made a mistake must, so that the 3 folder USER, NDATA and NDB are empty.

I now have the following situation: device to get the message: "no use program found"

SD card with firmware 4.600 to the device: is program "forced write" I choose to fashion "system UCOM Write" and it comes: UCOM 8.05 and in SD not specified and I can not change.

I come with the test mode of Pionaro the system can also backup Copy all it can not fit into the three folders USER, NDATA and NDB however.

I have to adapt also project several times a package constructed and installed on an SD card and a USB flash drive, but it still only came the message: no applicable program found.

Unfortunately, I then learned no English at school and I always have to translate everything with Google, sometimes strange and not determinable terms appear. But all this can not prevent further work on the matter and I am learning every day.

Should I get my machine back in order, I am also willing to continue to work on this project and to test on my device.

I need now but once your help, because although already my head smokes from much reading,

I did not come on in the repair of my device.

Perhaps I can give one a no instruction to create the backups.

Thanks and regards from Chile

Uli

Can someone who has successfully modified their NEX comment on the functionality, looks and overall thoughts on the new maps? How well does it work? Glad you did it? I have the nex 5000 and am considering trying this.

I have a 6000 and to me the maps seem faster. You can also get 3D buildings which is a 8000 series feature.

I have a 6000 and to me the maps seem faster. You can also get 3D buildings which is a 8000 series feature.

Thanks for the info.  So from what I've gathered, this update will unlock features available to the 8000 and allow the use of a different map.  However, the part of iGo (or the NEX) that actually creates routes and such will stay the same using the newly installed map to do so.  Would you say that is correct?  Also what map did you use?