AVIC411.com

I keep getting read-only filesystem warnings.  What I've noticed is that the content of build.prop on /system actually becomes 0 in size immediately after the operation, even though it says it's read-only.  What's going on here?

I pretty much piggybacked off the iGo lib fix that was just recently released in this thread.  I assume that one works fine.

I am having exactly the same problem on my 5200NEX, I changed the iGo lib script to change 2 files in /etc and I have the same behavior, it says read-only and 0 size:

/mnt/udisk/script.sh[13]: cat: <stdout>: Read-only file system
/mnt/udisk/script.sh[14]: can't create /system/etc/mediamanager.conf: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/etc/sysd.conf: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/etc/mediamanager.conf: Read-only file system 

Any fix for this?
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having exactly the same problem on my 5200NEX, I changed the iGo lib script to change 2 files in /etc and I have the same behavior, it says read-only and 0 size:

/mnt/udisk/script.sh[13]: cat: <stdout>: Read-only file system
/mnt/udisk/script.sh[14]: can't create /system/etc/mediamanager.conf: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/etc/sysd.conf: Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/etc/mediamanager.conf: Read-only file system 

Any fix for this?

My conclusion:

we cannot change the filesystem with script on the 5200... even if I insert in the script, just before a "cat", this command:

mount -o remount,rw /system

I see in my output.txt:

mount: Read-only file system

my id is root, I checked:

uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

and here is the before first remount:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0

and after:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 /system ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0

So something (kernel?) is preventing me from modifying the /system partition.

Anyone with a x200 can change files in lib or etc?!?

EDIT: by checking /system/lib I can see I have the new libigo, so the very first time I ran a script weeks ago, it worked, but now I guess the system detected the filesystem has been changed/corrupted and is blocking any more changes. I may try to inject a fsck in a script? or just reflash the PJ160PLT.PRG partition...

My conclusion:

we cannot change the filesystem with script on the 5200... even if I insert in the script, just before a "cat", this command:

mount -o remount,rw /system
I see in my output.txt:
mount: Read-only file system
my id is root, I checked:

uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

and here is the before first remount:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0

and after:

/dev/block/mmcblk0p7 /system ext4 rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0

So something (kernel?) is preventing me from modifying the /system partition.

Anyone with a x200 can change files in lib or etc?!?

Yo dawg, what's da Android version?

I see barrier=1, dat might be preventing write, but if dat filesystem be power-on write protected, u be in fo' problems.

If I wuz u, I'd remove dat sdcard and 'tempt a manual decryption, den mount an write with a *nix box. After yous got write access, further testing will be required to determine if it's just temp write protect, boot write protect or perma write protect. Could be all three, yo!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been having problem with loading igo. Backed up nor and internal sd. Loaded Jenkins script to disable warp and take password off internal sd card. Restart. Pioneer logo is there for about 1 second. Black screen. Took internal sdcard out and flashed original copied off unit. Same thing. Is it possible to put original nor back on?

Ive been having problem with loading igo. Backed up nor and internal sd. Loaded Jenkins script to disable warp and take password off internal sd card. Restart. Pioneer logo is there for about 1 second. Black screen. Took internal sdcard out and flashed original copied off unit. Same thing. Is it possible to put original nor back on?

You can restore BSP area using serial (UART) connection via yellow connector on back side of your unit.

I am sorry in advance. But I need to buy a (UART) cable. Then somehow send the nor files I saved back onto the unit?

You can buy 3.3 volt compatible USB-UART adapter ($2-$3 for Chinese clones from Aliexpress). Just connect three wires (GND, TX, RX) from adapter to your head unit and you will get access to bootloader console where you can change BSP settings to restore boot process.

You can buy 3.3 volt compatible USB-UART adapter ($2-$3 for Chinese clones from Aliexpress). Just connect three wires (GND, TX, RX) from adapter to your head unit and you will get access to bootloader console where you can change BSP settings to restore boot process.

I am specifically looking for one that is a cable correct ? a lot are a board with pins and a USB soldered on. How would one know which are tx,rx,ground pin layout.

Hey guys I am looking for some quick advice/help and hope it's not too much to ask.

I upgraded/updated my maps almost a year ago and got them up to date with Q3 2015 I believe at that time. I see Q3 2016 is out now and I would really like to upgrade to this. The problem is I kind of forgot exactly what I did to do it before and lost the flash drive I had used for it and I feel like I had found another guide that went a little more indepth that I am having trouble finding again now.

Esentially I would like to upgrade from where I am, to 2016 newest maps. I want to backup my unit before I do this. I have a folder on my desktop called "igo backup" and in it I have "copy_script.sh" "script.sh" "sdcardcwwversion.txt" "sdcarddataversion.txt" and "testmode_a.key" Is this all I need? I thought there was a script to actually move the files necesary.

If this is the right files I need for my flash drive, does the testmode_a.key get me into the mode where I can manually copy and paste things? Can I get in here and copy my entire igo folder to create a backup of everything I have now incase something goes wrong? The only thing is I remember having an issue where I would get error messages trying to copy everything to my device manually and I thought I had used a script to copy the whole igo folder and am at a loss now what to do and do not want to brick my device.