AVIC411.com

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just made a thread about this and didn't know it alread existed. 

However, I wonder how long before we can just install a ROM onto SD card and force the boot from that SD card containing all music/files. So basically using Avic-140bh as a simple display unit.  :-P

How long indeed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yo dawg  :-P I don't want to dissassemble my unit to remove the SD card...

I can confirm you that on my 5200, I can modify the /system file system only one time. After that, it is protected by the kernel and any other operation on it are denied even if the fs is mounted rw. I think it tests a checksum and refuse any writes, I am wondering if this is included in the kernel source Pioneer published.

So for now to change multiple time the fs, either reflash the original PJ160PLT.PRG and include in a "copy script" all your changes ; or what I am doing now, is to use the AVIC.sh script by @AdamOutler and @bass_rock (thanks guys!!!) to modify my file system, rebuild a .PRG and flash it in testmode_a mode, there is an option in "Write Program Forcedly" then "Write Platform", it works fine.

Hi Magister! thanks for posting the workaround on this. However, I´m a newbie on linux and will need more details on how to rebuild the PRG image!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Magister! thanks for posting the workaround on this. However, I´m a newbie on linux and will need more details on how to rebuild the PRG image!

Thanks in advance!

Well, it is maybe not as easy for a newbie, you need to use this script:

https://github.com/bassrock/AVIC-NEX/blob/master/Firmware/AVIC.sh

and launch it with something like :

sudo ./AVIC.sh firmware.zip 5200 160

you may need to change the folder name in your firmware zip file and/or modify the script, you can comment things about boot in the script if you do not have mkboot or others utilities like that.

Also using this method, warp disabled itself and you always have a slow boot.

Basically this make the system platform image mountable in your linux, you can modify things in etc scripts or libs or whatever, then it re-creates a PJ160PLT.PRG file you have to replace on your USB stick, and flash it in testmode like I wrote.

Asd255 pioneer avic 8100 nex firmware 1.09

found the other thread here but this was for old firmware. , trully appreciate the help my friend.

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/82342-navigating-with-maps/

thank you ! , posting here for others  this just adds a shortcut to the bottom menue of maps  for mute button and volume control for 8100 and 1.09 firmware,   credit goes to  asd255 .

AVIC_BMute_x100_1.09.rar

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys. I have a Pioneer AVIC F960DAB and I want to update the maps. Can someone help. Thank you!

Hello guys. I have a Pioneer AVIC f960DAB and I want to update the maps. Can someone help. Thank you!

I tried this for my F960BT two weeks ago.

I just followed the steps described in this thread. (THANK YOU!)

It worked flawlessly at the first try - you just have to take your time reading this thread.