AVIC411.com

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cannot access the "test menu" because you overwrote something (like the kernel) in your unit and the displayed message comes from the bootloader, then you have to put the SD card in your PC and copy the raw image from your PC on the SD card. You have to open your unit to extract the SD card from it.

If you cannot access the "test menu" because you overwrote something (like the kernel) in your unit and the displayed message comes from the bootloader, then you have to put the SD card in your PC and copy the raw image from your PC on the SD card. You have to open your unit to extract the SD card from it.

By putting the SD card in my pc, it gives no signal. There is no driver for the SD card. Can not shake the SD card?

FAQs

What does this mean?

1. WARP can be disabled

2. Internal SD Password Lock can be removed (Requires a new sd card afterward)

3. Debug can be enabled.

4. We can modify the Internal SD Card by inserting it into the computer with the above turned on.

5. Custom ROM development can truly begin.

What the heck is warp?

A: It's the hibernate function.  At the factory, they hibernate the device and every time it turns on it uses this information. This prevents us from loading custom firmware because the deck chooses this memory loaded information over the filesystem changes that we create.

What is the BSP?

A: The BSP is a special are in the NOR Memory (different from the SD Card), where U-Boot, EasyRecovery and all the low-level U-Boot settings are located. It is 84 bytes in size and has two copies in case one fails.

What is NOR Memory?

A: The NOR Memory is an area separate of the SD Card that contains, boot settings, recovery partitions and the boot loader.

Why do we need to remove the SD Card Password?

A: The Pioneer dev's decided to put a hardcoded password lock onto the Internal System SD Card that prevents you from just putting it into your computer. By removing it we allow the ability to remove the internal SD and to put it into any computer to modify the Platform files, without having to run an Update.

What is the SD Card password?

A: LKPFeD4BcVzESR2Y

Can't we just unlock the password on a computer and not change the BSP?

A: Yes, and no. In order to unlock the SD card you need to have the ability to run CMD42 on the SDCard which most linux distributions and os’s do not have.

What is Debug mode?

A: The Debug mode outputs more logs and turns on a console port somewhere on the device. We still do not know where that is. NOTE: It is most likely possible to patch the kernel to use the iDataLink port as a UART console for ADB.

What are the device paths if I want to change the backup or restore locations?

A: 

/mnt/udisk/ for USB1
/mnt/udisk1/ for USB2
/sdcard/ for external sdcard

What is the Partition Map look like?

A: For a 8GB internal SD Card (AVIC 5000) it looks like this:

Disk /dev/mmcblk1: 8069MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

Number  Start   End     Size    Type      File system                          MY Findings:
 1      538MB   548MB   10.5MB  primary   android      boot A                  BOOT/BOT.PRG
 2      548MB   559MB   10.5MB  primary   android      boot B            
 3      559MB   1830MB  1271MB  extended
 5      559MB   590MB   31.5MB  logical   android      recovery A              RECOVERY/REC.PRG
 6      590MB   622MB   31.5MB  logical   android      recovery B              RECOVERYEASY/ERY.PRG ?
 7      622MB   1159MB  537MB   logical   ext4         /system                 PLATFORM/PLT.PRG
 8      1159MB  1293MB  134MB   logical   ext4         /cache
 9      1293MB  1830MB  537MB   logical   ext4         /data                   USERDATA/DAT.PRG 
 4      1830MB  7702MB  5872MB  primary   ext4         /extdata

How can I unlock my SD Card?

A: Follow the following steps:

1. Set SDCard password in BSP

2. Place Test Key N3 on USB stick
3. Power on unit
4. When screen goes black turn unit off and back on
5.  When unit shows Mode Change OK screen, remove the SDCard and power off the unit.

Update 8/16/2015: Added how to unlock an SD Card.

Could you give me more information on how to unlock the sd card of the avic

device by computer? What system / program can I perform this unlock?

In this sait only speaks as it does via JTAG. I want to see if anyone can unlock via any operating system. Type linux command

A lot of this info comes from https://fail0verflow.com/blog/2014/enhancing-the-avic-5000nex/ (there's a part 2 too).

I never unlocked my SD card, the procedure is there but somewhat cryptic I agree... Put the password in the BSP, boot the unit with a USB with the N3 key, someone who know better could put better step by step explanations.

Hi guys.

Nice work, not a Pioneer owner myself so I cannot test/try/brake/etc I have scanned through the topic but I couldn't see an exact answer.

Can you install any app on the units now? If yes can you also remove any of the factory apps like (Android Auto)?

I'm curious to find out if the factory provide Android Auto app can be replaced with my version ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/paid-software/android-4-1-headunit-reloaded-android-t3432348 ) which potentially could give a few benefits over the standard version:

1) It supports unlimited browsing

2) It allows you to connect to AA over Wifi as well.

If anybody is interested in trying it out give me a shout on borconie@gmail.com and I can send you a copy of the apk for trial purpose. 

• 3 weeks later...