AVIC411.com

I was wondering if anyone may assist me and if this is not the right place, or not allowed please forgive me and delete this post. I know when I was getting into this and modding my head unit to be able to update my maps and what not, I had found a forum that had collections of different gps maps and what not on it, which I believe I can still get back to. That being said, I remember there being some online live group chat thing that was almost dedicated to the NEX series units, and I do not remember if I found that link through here or through the other forum with the maps on it. I am trying to get back there so I can get more info about maps.

Have not touched my head unit for almost 2 years now and I would really like to update my maps as there have been some significant bridge changes and changes to exits and routes to take in my area over the past few years and at the time when I updated my maps to the most recent at the time, I want to say Q2 or 3 of 2016, they did not have these updates where as I am sure (or hoping) that newer versions would and I am kind of at a loss coming back to this as far as how to actually go about the process. I know using the script gave me a lot of trouble previously and I feel like I ended up manually moving everything over. I ended up trying to back my stuff up properly and use scripts and do a lot of different things and I ran into a lot of trouble last time and in the process lost my history and all of my recent locations, which is not a huge deal but a lot of places I go back and forth to for work fairly frequently were all erased and ended up needing to be re-entered. Really want to try and update my maps to new/current versions without royaly screwing up my headunit and losing anything on it.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09.01.2018 at 10:00 PM, nezfotnemom said:

I dont have the first x000 but here are the other 3

-  x000(5000-8000NEX F960BT/DAB F60BT/DAB)  FW 1.07/1.08

-N/A

-  x000(5000-8000NEX F960BT/DAB F60BT/DAB) FW 1.11/1.13/1.14/1.15 - iGO ver: 9.18.28.610126

-http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/umaUmJrz/file.html

-  x100(5100-8100NEX F970BT/DAB/TV F70/77DAB)  FW 1.05/1.07/1.10 - iGO ver: 9.18.28.610130

-http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/rNSxly7G/file.html

-  x200(AVIC-x200NEX/AVIC-Fx8x )  FW 1.00/1.02/1.07 - iGO ber: 9.18.28.624842

-http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/QX47zzdn/file.html

Hi guys,

I'm trying to download the script for my Avic F960 DAB from first link, -http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/umaUmJrz/file.html, but I got the script x200, instead of x000. There is something wrong with this link or it's the same archive for both?

Thanks a lot, SpecTrax.

Before I'll destroy my  HU, let's see If get it right, so first I will unlock IGO, using this script and after that I can use manual update script for avic x60, x70 . It's that correct? 

If I will use those patches, I will lose any functionality like carplay or something ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, really sorry in advance if I'm asking a repetitive question. I have a AVIC-8100NEX and I would like to run Android OS on it. I am very comfortable getting my hands dirty and I am tech savy but for some reason I find instructions to accomplish this a bit too hard to understand exactly what's going on. I've done many complex things from setting up a damn AWS server (hate those things), to rooting PS3 and Android devices, and even messing around with a Raspberry Pi. Can anyone push me in the right direction as to how I can run Android OS on my NEX? Thanks in advance.

I learned from a Slack conversation that my Pioneer unit already runs Android, you ADB to access Android OS. Pioneer stripped it down to just radio functionality
for performance reasons and to deter hax0rs. It's very stripped down so no sound in 3rd party apks, no networking, etc. Really no point functionality wise to do this unless if it's just for fun and to kill my curiosity.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 2:15 PM, Zellero said:

I followed exactly the procedure above to patch my F77DAB and update the latest maps using the goldenapple key (since the testmode_a.key didn't work with firmware 1.10) but it doesn't work. The device boots in the testmode but the content can't be copied. The output.txt file says the following:

/mnt/udisk/script.sh[10]: cat: <stdout>: Read-only file system Unable to chmod /system/lib/libigo_jni.so: Read-only file system

What am i doing wrong? Am i using the wrong testmode key?

I followed the directions and was able to copy all map files 2017 q3 to my 8200NEX; however, POI, Building, Dem, and Landmark were not copied. Please tell me what I missed. Thank you

Edited by traiviet
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 2:14 AM, traiviet said:

I followed the directions and was able to copy all map files 2017 q3 to my 8200NEX; however, POI, Building, Dem, and Landmark were not copied. Please tell me what I missed. Thank you

Do you have a valid lyc file for 2017Q3? A file with a name like:

Pioneer_LMG_for_North_America_SKU_2004688_2017_Q3.lyc

?

It is easy to find maps, but there is never a lyc file and we need it for Pioneer unit...

• 1 month later...