AVIC411.com

Awesome - but it seems I cant get back into test mode. Is there a way to force the unit into recover mode? I'm in the process of making a new Testmode usb drive as I feel the disk may have been corrupted.

There is at least three testmodes available. Full testmode from working firmware (testmode_a key), recovery boot partition testmode (two copies on two partitions in internal sd card) and easyrecovery mode (located in distinct chip soldered on daughter CPU board - NOR flash).

Last mode can be activated even without existing firmware on internal sd card using special testmode_n keys (three N-keys available in the wild, first one for mode change (sd card password unlock), second for copy device mode, I don't remember purpose of third key).

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the stock MAC image write software acceptable or should I look for a 3rd Party?

-Mike

There is at least three testmodes available. Full testmode from working firmware (testmode_a key), recovery boot partition testmode (two copies on two partitions in internal sd card) and easyrecovery mode (located in distinct chip soldered on daughter CPU board - NOR flash).

Last mode can be activated even without existing firmware on internal sd card using special testmode_n keys (three N-keys available in the wild, first one for mode change (sd card password unlock), second for copy device mode, I don't remember purpose of third key).

Is the stock MAC image write software acceptable or should I look for a 3rd Party?

I'm not familiar with Mac, but seems like you can use simple dd utility: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/How%20to%20install%20Ubuntu%20on%20MacBook%20using%20USB%20Stick

Something like this:

sudo dd if=/path/to/downloaded.img of=/dev/diskN bs=1m

I'm not familiar with Mac, but seems like you can use simple dd utility: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/How%20to%20install%20Ubuntu%20on%20MacBook%20using%20USB%20Stick

Something like this:

sudo dd if=/path/to/downloaded.img of=/dev/diskN bs=1m

Im not having much luck getting it into test mode with any of the the keys that are in the share you provided. I just need a FAT32 drive and place one of the files ( TESTMODE_N.key) on the root - correct?

Im not having much luck getting it into test mode with any of the the keys that are in the share you provided. I just need a FAT32 drive and place one of the files ( TESTMODE_N.key) on the root - correct?

So each of the keys boot a different mode. There is one key that will load the recovery mode with a corrupted internal sd card. I forgot which one it is. But here is a repo I created with scripts to create test keys and the explanation on them. https://github.com/bassrock/AVIC-NEX

Presence of testmode_n key is checked directly in easyrecovery mode from NOR flash so this should work even without internal sd card.

Please provide exact contents of testmode_n keys you using (please zip and upload if possible)

So each of the keys boot a different mode. There is one key that will load the recovery mode with a corrupted internal sd card. I forgot which one it is. But here is a repo I created with scripts to create test keys and the explanation on them. https://github.com/bassrock/AVIC-NEX

Ok - im getting lost now; i was hanging in there for a while.. :(

Well can i remove the internal SD card and just drop the image on it?

-Mike

Well can i remove the internal SD card and just drop the image on it?

Yes, exactly after testmode_n "mode change" key execution to one-time unlock of password-locked internal sd card. Also you can insert any new sd-card with corresponding size with image on it, but this card will be also password-locked after first start.

So you need execute following steps:

1) insert usb stick into USB1 (not in USB2) with testmode N key which unlocks you card (mode change)

2) turn on your device

3) wait until "mode changed" (or something like this) text displayed

4) turn off your device (and DON'T turn on again, card will be locked again)

5) remove your card and insert into your computer

6) write image into this card

7) insert card into device again

8) device will password lock this card and boot

Yes, exactly after testmode_n "mode change" key execution to one-time unlock of password-locked internal sd card. Also you can insert any new sd-card with corresponding size with image on it, but this card will be also password-locked after first start. So you need execute following steps:1) insert usb stick into USB1 (not in USB2) with testmode N key which unlocks you card (mode change)2) turn on your device3) wait until "mode changed" (or something like this) text displayed4) turn off your device (and DON'T turn on again, card will be locked again)5) remove your card and insert into your computer6) write image into this card7) insert card into device again 8) device will password lock this card and boot

OK I have had some success thank you all - much appreciated!

Now the firmware is 1.0.1 and while I'm trying to apply 1.11 the unit complains that there is more then 1 update file on the USB. Maybe I need to do incremental firmware updates?

-Mike

Now the firmware is 1.0.1 and while I'm trying to apply 1.11 the unit complains that there is more then 1 update file on the USB. Maybe I need to do incremental firmware updates?

So USB contains right (valid) firmware with the only AVIC500NEX folder? In this case you can try flash firmware using testmode (Write Program Forcedly).

Also you can update areas of your backup image file using parts of firmware files without headers. After this you can restore backup with updated firmware.

So USB contains right (valid) firmware with the only AVIC500NEX folder? In this case you can try flash firmware using testmode (Write Program Forcedly).

Also you can update areas of your backup image file using parts of firmware files without headers. After this you can restore backup with updated firmware.

Hey im running 1.11 now, my usb drive had some partitions on it that needed to be remove from when i was trying to flash the internal card. My Bluetooth is having issue as it is grey out sometimes and I am unable to update the Bluetooth firmware. I see lots of post with other folks having the same issue, but i feel may a wire is pulled off when I disassembled the unit or it may need be reset which I see some folks sell the part on eBay.

I want say Thank You to "Whats Whats..." and Bass_rock for all your help!!!!

Ill update after the weekend when i have the time to tear it apart again.

-Mike

First off, very cool what all of you have accomplished.

I have been working with my new SPH-DA120 aka AppRadio 4 on my own for a few days and made some progress some of which I've clearly reinvented the wheel because you guys have done so much already and I just yesterday found avic411.com and have been reading/learning what has already been accomplished.

From what I'm reading, the SPH-DA120 is similar to the AVIC4000NEX however it uses the firmware from the AVIC5000NEX.  

One question I have is I have not read anyone using the serial console on these units.  On the SPH-DA120, the serial console is accessible from the bottom of the unit near the back.  You do not even need to remove a screw, sticker, or anything.  There are two LARGE solder puddles which you need to make contact with for the TX+RX.  Those two plus ground (anywhere on the case) will give you a serial console at 115200 N81.  The system is sitting at a prompt when fully booted.  The connector closest to the corner of the board is labeled "NAVI_TO_SOC" which I believe is TX and the other "SOC_TO_NAVI" is RX.  If it doesn't work for you, just reverse the two.  I have a FTDI FT232R USB serial cable soldered to mine with Green(RTS)<->Ground, Yellow(RX)<->Board(TX), and Orange(TX)<->Board(RX) and ran the USB serial console cable along with my regular USB and HDMI for access while installed.

Other things I've done thus far:

• Disabled WARP
  • Made a complete backup of the SD card (both tar and dd)
  • Replaced the 4gb with an 8gb card (have not expanded extdata to use the extra space though as of yet)
  • Upgraded to 1.11
  • Installed current busybox
  • There is a USB Edimax EW-7811Un WiFi adapter however I do not have it configured yet, that's on my to-do list.
  • There does appear to be an ethernet adapter configured so finding the pins and attempting to connect that to a rj45<->wifi dongle I have is also on my to-do list... figure I should be able to get network connectivity one way or another.
  • I will also be looking into re-creating the WARP snapshot image reducing my boot time once I get network and other tweaks implemented.

-CloneNum3

I have been working with my new SPH-DA120 aka AppRadio 4 on my own for a few days and made some progress some of which I've clearly reinvented the wheel because you guys have done so much already and I just yesterday found avic411.com and have been reading/learning what has already been accomplished.

We already know about UART console and we already using this console as we have service manuals. But your work progress is really awesome. I want to see you in our internal developers group :)

*****iGO (Sort Of Easy) Map Updater*****

Hi all!

With the announcement of the map crack by asd255 http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81468-the-avic-development-mod/?p=337784 we needed a good way to actually update the maps!

With the help of various members (if you want to be named let me know), we have created a script that will install the needed iGO patch and install the maps that you have obtained.   

NOTE: This requires use of the perl command line on your computer to generate the required script.

Steps:

1. Download the attached MapPackage.zip

2. Unzip the file into its own folder. (For our purposes we will call it MapPackage)

3. Download the respective iGO Patch for your deck from http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81468-the-avic-development-mod/?p=337784

4. Extract the contents EXCEPT Copy_Script.sh into your MapPackage Folder.

5. Inside the updates folder in the MapPackage folder place all the map files you would like to add. It should like this (except different iGO patch files):

post-116652-0-88139300-1453329707_thumb.png

post-116652-0-67613300-1453329712_thumb.png

6. Open a Terminal/CommandPrompt Window

7. Cd to the MapPackage Folder

8. Execute perl MapCreator.pl  This will generate a script that will copy and set the right permissions on the map file you want to update.

9. Copy the contents of the MapPackage Folder to the root of a blank FAT32 USB Drive.

10. Put the usb stick in USB Port 1

11. Boot the deck

12. Navigate and select Write Programs Forcedly

13. Select Copy_Script

14. When it is done, remove the USB Stick and hit the middle center button.

15. Enjoy the new maps!!!

MapPackage.zip