AVIC411.com

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I am looking for some quick advice/help and hope it's not too much to ask.

I upgraded/updated my maps almost a year ago and got them up to date with Q3 2015 I believe at that time. I see Q3 2016 is out now and I would really like to upgrade to this. The problem is I kind of forgot exactly what I did to do it before and lost the flash drive I had used for it and I feel like I had found another guide that went a little more indepth that I am having trouble finding again now.

Esentially I would like to upgrade from where I am, to 2016 newest maps. I want to backup my unit before I do this. I have a folder on my desktop called "igo backup" and in it I have "copy_script.sh" "script.sh" "sdcardcwwversion.txt" "sdcarddataversion.txt" and "testmode_a.key" Is this all I need? I thought there was a script to actually move the files necesary.

If this is the right files I need for my flash drive, does the testmode_a.key get me into the mode where I can manually copy and paste things? Can I get in here and copy my entire igo folder to create a backup of everything I have now incase something goes wrong? The only thing is I remember having an issue where I would get error messages trying to copy everything to my device manually and I thought I had used a script to copy the whole igo folder and am at a loss now what to do and do not want to brick my device.

I'd like too, but I am not sure we need a license file (.lyc) for 2016Q3 or not? If yes, I haven't found one yet so didn't bother to download 6GB at 100k/s from virus infected websites... When you did it to 2015Q3 did you install a Pioneer_LMG_for_North_America_SKU_2004688_2015_Q3.lyc file with it?

And yes when you put the USB with testmode key, your unit will boot in testmode and from the "file maintenance" menu you can copy/paste full directory, this is how I backup my iGo, I select the iGO folder (in extdata iirc) then [copy] then go on the USB drive and select [paste]

I'd like too, but I am not sure we need a license file (.lyc) for 2016Q3 or not? If yes, I haven't found one yet so didn't bother to download 6GB at 100k/s from virus infected websites... When you did it to 2015Q3 did you install a Pioneer_LMG_for_North_America_SKU_2004688_2015_Q3.lyc file with it?

And yes when you put the USB with testmode key, your unit will boot in testmode and from the "file maintenance" menu you can copy/paste full directory, this is how I backup my iGo, I select the iGO folder (in extdata iirc) then [copy] then go on the USB drive and select [paste]

Yes I did a .lyc file with it I believe. I remember having issues doing the manual copying and pasting though it was as if my iGO folder was write protected and I could not copy things to it, only do a full copy to back it up. I remember there being another script or something and I used that and it would copy everything from the iGO folder on the root of my flash drive over to the unit and that was the only way I actually got the update to work and I do not remember where exactly I got that script/testmode or however I did it = \. I guess if there's no license file for 2016 it's irrelevant anyway huh?

After updating the HU (Avic7100NEX) from firmware 1.03 to 1.05, it doesn't boot from external SD anymore.

When I insert an thumb drive (Build #573 | https://jenkins.adamoutler.com/job/Customize%20BSP/573/) prepared as described in the main post. I flash using the script, press home to reboot and remove the drive key. The HU boots anyway :-)

And it shouldn't. It should fail to boot until I provide the backed-up image on the external sd card. I think I had that working with Firmware 1.03, but now It just keeps booting happily.
I don't understand :-(

What might be going on?

I am looking for a way to install and launch an "arbitrary" apk on the Avic7100NEX. 

How do I best go about this? ADB is (still) not working, but supposedly there is console output available on the 26 pin RGB connector. (I have a cable to splice on order :-))

With Firmware 1.03 I got my apk file onto the HU by putting it onto the external sd card image, but found no way to actually install and run the program once the HU had booted from the external sd card.

Please advise.

I am looking for a way to install and launch an "arbitrary" apk on the Avic7100NEX. 

How do I best go about this? ADB is (still) not working, but supposedly there is console output available on the 26 pin RGB connector. (I have a cable to splice on order :-))

With Firmware 1.03 I got my apk file onto the HU by putting it onto the external sd card image, but found no way to actually install and run the program once the HU had booted from the external sd card.

To install it you could use the "Copy_script" method to copy it in /system/app and it will install itself.

However to launch it... we cannot easily modify init.rc, you could try to inject a "am start -n <name>/<activity>" but how?

Yo dawg, what's da Android version?

I see barrier=1, dat might be preventing write, but if dat filesystem be power-on write protected, u be in fo' problems.

If I wuz u, I'd remove dat sdcard and 'tempt a manual decryption, den mount an write with a *nix box. After yous got write access, further testing will be required to determine if it's just temp write protect, boot write protect or perma write protect. Could be all three, yo!

Yo dawg  :-P I don't want to dissassemble my unit to remove the SD card...

I can confirm you that on my 5200, I can modify the /system file system only one time. After that, it is protected by the kernel and any other operation on it are denied even if the fs is mounted rw. I think it tests a checksum and refuse any writes, I am wondering if this is included in the kernel source Pioneer published.

So for now to change multiple time the fs, either reflash the original PJ160PLT.PRG and include in a "copy script" all your changes ; or what I am doing now, is to use the AVIC.sh script by @AdamOutler and @bass_rock (thanks guys!!!) to modify my file system, rebuild a .PRG and flash it in testmode_a mode, there is an option in "Write Program Forcedly" then "Write Platform", it works fine.

To install it you could use the "Copy_script" method to copy it in /system/app and it will install itself.

However to launch it... we cannot easily modify init.rc, you could try to inject a "am start -n <name>/<activity>" but how?

Good idea!

I just put my .apk, which luckily is also a launcher app, into system/app and it did install (after I changed the permissions). 

This actually works and my app becomes active and usable for about 10 seconds, when the setup dialog where you select your phone type and so comes up. If I want to see my app in action again, I have to reboot ...

How do I best interrupt the boot process so that pioneer's launcher doesn't take over?

I tried renaming launcher.apk and launcher.odex, which I found in system/app, but that didn't help. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yea you can actually modify the key map file and make it the home button and that will let you do what you want.

Sounds perfect, Where do I find this key file? I have searched all partitions, but missed it. How do I recognize it?

Well, Guessing that it would be in usr/keylayout I found mxckpd.kl which contains some information on the HOME hard key: 

#HOME
key 0x0E    EXTEND_HOME

How do I make it launch my app?