AVIC411.com

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two pages of comments like "Great work guys" and "he is bad man". Is anyone tried at least to backup his device? 100% safe operation. Or clone device? Tried somebody do something?

I will attempt to make a backup this weekend. I don't think I can do anything else at this point, as my level of knowledge pretty much limits me to waiting for compiled roms.

Two pages of comments like "Great work guys" and "he is bad man". Is anyone tried at least to backup his device? 100% safe operation. Or clone device? Tried somebody do something?

Give it some time. There's going to be more lead time on testing out something that requires ripping a radio out of a car vs. just plugging in a phone. 

I am going to be testing this out this weekend. Also, anyone daily driving with warp disabled? Is it still fast enough to not be terribly annoying? 

EDIT: Is everyone doing this from firmware 1.10? I am on an older version currently. 

lol a douchebag with 5 posts trolls me with a 2 year old meme.  Nice.

Welcome to AVIC411. You will fit in just fine :)

I hope I will :)

But for real, give whatis a break. He did some great work and probably has valid reasons for removing his posts. Besides his posts aren't part of an open source project or under any license so he can do what he wants with them. 

I hope I will :)

But for real, give whatis a break. He did some great work and probably has valid reasons for removing his posts. Besides his posts aren't part of an open source project or under any license so he can do what he wants with them. 

Almost all of what was contained is in the FAQ or development notes. It was better to compile them all here.

Give it some time. There's going to be more lead time on testing out something that requires ripping a radio out of a car vs. just plugging in a phone. 

I am going to be testing this out this weekend. Also, anyone daily driving with warp disabled? Is it still fast enough to not be terribly annoying? 

EDIT: Is everyone doing this from firmware 1.10? I am on an older version currently. 

Having WARP disabled makes the unit boot about 30 seconds before you can listen to music. It is even worse startup times with the Original SD Card Pioneer ships with. If you are going to disable WARP and are opening your unit, you should replace the SD Card with the fastest SD Card you can find to help speed it up.

Quick question, I've got an AVH-P5200BT. Is there going to be a list of units susceptible to this? I'd love to see if I can flash my unit.

All NEX Units that run the Android firmware are compatible. So that means NEX 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 4100, 5100, 6100, 7100, and 8100. As well as their European counterparts.