AVIC411.com

*****iGO (Sort Of Easy) Map Updater*****

Hi all!

With the announcement of the map crack by asd255 http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81468-the-avic-development-mod/?p=337784 we needed a good way to actually update the maps!

With the help of various members (if you want to be named let me know), we have created a script that will install the needed iGO patch and install the maps that you have obtained.   

NOTE: This requires use of the perl command line on your computer to generate the required script.

Steps:

1. Download the attached MapPackage.zip

2. Unzip the file into its own folder. (For our purposes we will call it MapPackage)

3. Download the respective iGO Patch for your deck from http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81468-the-avic-development-mod/?p=337784

4. Extract the contents EXCEPT Copy_Script.sh into your MapPackage Folder.

5. Inside the updates folder in the MapPackage folder place all the map files you would like to add. It should like this (except different iGO patch files):

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-20 at 2.40.09 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-20 at 2.40.17 PM.png

6. Open a Terminal/CommandPrompt Window

7. Cd to the MapPackage Folder

8. Execute perl MapCreator.pl  This will generate a script that will copy and set the right permissions on the map file you want to update.

9. Copy the contents of the MapPackage Folder to the root of a blank FAT32 USB Drive.

10. Put the usb stick in USB Port 1

11. Boot the deck

12. Navigate and select Write Programs Forcedly

13. Select Copy_Script

14. When it is done, remove the USB Stick and hit the middle center button.

15. Enjoy the new maps!!!

attachicon.gifMapPackage.zip

I followed exactly the procedure above to patch my F77DAB and update the latest maps using the goldenapple key (since the testmode_a.key didn't work with firmware 1.10) but it doesn't work. The device boots in the testmode but the content can't be copied. The output.txt file says the following:

/mnt/udisk/script.sh[10]: cat: <stdout>: Read-only file system Unable to chmod /system/lib/libigo_jni.so: Read-only file system

What am i doing wrong? Am i using the wrong testmode key?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2018 at 3:15 PM, Zellero said:

I followed exactly the procedure above to patch my F77DAB and update the latest maps using the goldenapple key (since the testmode_a.key didn't work with firmware 1.10) but it doesn't work. The device boots in the testmode but the content can't be copied. The output.txt file says the following:

/mnt/udisk/script.sh[10]: cat: <stdout>: Read-only file system Unable to chmod /system/lib/libigo_jni.so: Read-only file system

I'm in the same boat :( Trying to patch the Navi software so it can accept the license I have. and i'm having the same issue... did you end up figuring it out?

On 15/1/2018 at 11:15 PM, Zellero said:

I Will this problem, you can downgrade the system to 1.05

On 15.1.2018 at 11:15 PM, Zellero said:

My suggestion is to patch the IGO software first, then update your maps. I also tried this package but didnt get it to work correctly.

use the goldenapple (tech key)

script to copy files (maps) can be found here

I have pioneer nex4201 .  I have been trying to access test mode but it keeps saying the files are unreadable when I plug the usb drive into usb 1.  The firmware version is 1.06.  Is there anything I am doing wrong? Am I missing a step or not building the key right at the website? On my Mac it always says testmode_a key is a keynote file

• 5 weeks later...

@asd255

Hello there. I am currently rocking a F70DAB with fairly old maps (2016 or such) and stumpled across your post. Sadly the Patch for the F70 is offline/not working. Is there a way anyone or you can reupload or DM it me?

Its the "x100_1.05_9.18.28.610130.rar" file - cannot find it anywhere sadly.

I have the 4100NEX. Cant get it to go into test mode. Ive copied the individual files on my flash drive root and waited about 15 min. Ive also tried to use the dropbox files from one of the other threads. I can see the access light blink on my flash drive but its not booting over to testmode. Ive tried a 16GB, 4GB and 1GB drive. All formatted to FAT32. Does anyone else got any advise to send my way. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Use this thread. It has worked for most, but not for me. I'm assuming because I upgraded my radio to the latest firmware before this happened to me. I gotten little to no help trying to figure out my issue

On 4/23/2018 at 3:17 PM, Bakerson said:

ok im new to this deck i got it from a truck that had been recked at a junk yard i was workin at an when u kick it on it say password its a  pioneer avic -5200nex  PLEASE !!! someone help me thank you for your time