AVIC411.com

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I discovered after update

- Maps and TMC works fine

- petrol.3dl files somehow don't appear. I mean still I have flat 2D points on map and only few petrol stations logos are supported ( for example BP is but Shell isn't)

I suppose it has something to do with branding.zip file but I didn;t try it. I don't know how much can we change inside program since it is.

That would be nice to upload our own poi icons from POI PLAZA for example but will our IGO accept it?

- speedcameras work perfectly

- phoneme files I don;t recommend. After installation it destroyed my TTS street pronounciation - when I deleted this folder and files everything returned to normal.

Where is branding.zip file located? I can look into this. I did some of my own modifications to iGO 8 in the past.

Thanks! Certainly :smile:.

I loaded a USB with firmware, but no luck.  I get the same sequence;  Custom boot screen, Pioneer loading splash screen then the "Write Program Forcedlly" menu with no response from soft buttons so navigation through menu is not possible. I'm trying to understand the USB-UART method, is this similar to the factory USB cable when restoring Android devices?  Any links to literature on the subject would be helpful. I may not be looking properly for  information on the subject, for some reason I only find non related articles on UART.  

Thanks again.

Hi all. I have an Avic f960dab in Australia and am trying to:

edit the existing poi file

remove nav nag screen

Is it possible to load Garmin maps instead of using igo?

what other benefits/options are available to me for this avic unit

I've spent some time reading most of the posts in this area. While computer literate most of what I'm reading is confusing to me. I understand branding.zip will allow me to add / replace icons? I can't see where this file is made available.

Impressed with this community, sorry if i'm in the wrong area. I am willing to contribute should the need arise.

Are we able to use Android Auto on the AVIC-5100NEX now? It was the one unit that for whatever reason Pioneer chose not to support it on.

No you can't that is actually a limitation from Google. unlike CarPlay Google has restrictions on the screen size that Android Auto is supported on which is why it is not on the AppRadio 4 too.