AVIC411.com

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Course friend,even modded AVIC-F77DAB...

Hi Lucca,

please can you reup the spoiler? What changes you've made?

Will it be possible to use the modded AVIC-F77DAB firmware also on a AVIC-F70DAB? On my oppinion there is only the HDMI-input the difference betwenn both models

Hi Lucca,

please can you reup the spoiler? What changes you've made?

Will it be possible to use the modded AVIC-F77DAB firmware also on a AVIC-F70DAB? On my oppinion there is only the HDMI-input the difference betwenn both models

Hi!,

Ye,you're right - only the HDMI-input is the difference between both models. I only replaced the stock iGO with the custom one.

Hi Lucca!,

please can you give a small howto how you have IGO modified / replaced? Unfortunately I can not get access to my F70DAB.

thanks in advance for your help

Have solved the problem with my F70DAB for booting in the technical testmode.

The problem with the European version of F70DAB seems to be the following:

- The device will boot only from SD card with FAT32 in the technical test mode.

- It is only storing the image files to USB1 possible.

Thus, you need an SD card in FAT32 with the script files and a USB stick in FAT32 or NTFS for data backup, all other ways were not successful.

Hi guys, 

I am happy to see you have made progress on this. I have been keeping my eye on this since seeing the Failoverflow blog posts a year ago. I was going to purchase a unit and get this working, but I have been busy and couldn't justify the cost. Since you guys basically figured it out, I think I can help.

I was the first to root the Kenwood DNN990 Excelon unit and learned a lot of "tricks" about getting ADB going and the like. 

Sounds like the next step is just to get a WiFi dongle with drivers working and then enable ADB over TCP? 

Last time I looked at a Pioneer update file with a mate of mine it seemed to have a dual core CPU and I can't remember the RAM. Can anyone confirm? I remember it being a lot better than the Kenwood crap. 

If you guys still need help, I can get help you get:
-root

-Play Store

-Wifi ADB working

Some questions:
Has anyone figured out if the lower end non GPS advertised units do have GPS built in? 

Has anyone figured out if there are CPU/RAM differences across various NEX units?

Have we gotten custom recovery working?

I will spend some more time catching up and look into buying a unit.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread looks like it hasn't seen any action lately but if you scroll up a bit ASD255 has been making some progress and has even changed the carplay logo but my questions on his youtube page go unanswered. 

Ya im thinking this project is dead unfortunately. I was really hoping too. I dont even care about a custom rom, I just wanted BT to work when I installed 4100 firmware on my 4000.