3:Boot Error,
                                       default:APL)
##  B Side BSP Information:
        Launch Mode        :0x00000003(0:APL,
                                       1:TestMode.apk,
                                       2:Slave TestMode,
                                       3:Boot Error,
                                       default:APL)

Please try to set both boot mode and launch mode to zero to check if this helps you. Use "bsp set [parameters]" command. Don't remember right command format, try "help bsp" or "bsp help", maybe "help bsp set" to show right parameters.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MX6SDL JUPITER KT 4.2.2 U-Boot > help bsp set
bsp - get bsp info, or set bsp info

Usage:
bsp Usage:
bsp init - init bsp information to init value
bsp get  - get bsp information from nor flash
bsp passwd  <passwd> - set sd card password (16bytes)
bsp set  <item> <value> - set bsp information to nor flash
item
  -m: set boot mode
      value
        0: Normal
        1: Recovery
        2: EasyRecovery(CopyDevice)
        3: Re-EasyRecovery
  -l: set launch mode flag
      value
        0: APL
        1: TestMode.apk
        2: Slave TestMode
        3: Boot Error
  -t: set TestMode Sub Mode
      value
        0: Tech Mode
        1: Serv Mode
        2: TestMode_A.key
  -b: set bootimage active side flag
      value
        0: Side A
        1: Side B
  -r: set recoveryimage active side flag
      value
  -d: set debug on/off switch
      value
        0: OFF
        1: ON
  -u: set usb otg switch
      value
        0: Host
        1: Device
  -c: set memchk flag
      value
        0: No
        1: Yes
  -w: set warp boot active side flag
      value
  -s: set boot sub mode flag
      value
        0: Normal
        1: Catch snapshot
        2: Warp
  -f: set update flag
      value
        0: Recovery-Update
        1: uboot update
        2: boot.img update
        3: recovery.img update
        4: system.img update
        5: opening data update
        6: UI update
        7: All image update
        8: TESTMODE_N.KEY
        9: easyrecovery copy
        10: easyrecovery copy&verify
        11: password key copy&verify
        12: easyrecovery mode change
  -sf: set update sub flag
      value
        0: SD Card
        1: USB1
        2: USB2
  -uif: set ui update flag
      value
        0: non-updating
        1: updating

setenv - set environment variables

Usage:
setenv name value ...
    - set environment variable 'name' to 'value ...'
setenv name
    - delete environment variable 'name'

this is the help file

I tried "bsp init" and it's booting now

THANK YOU mate.... 

Now: how can I restore NOR backup from other unit to this one. I think this one has NOR corrupted that's why easyrecovery didn't boot. Also I think that is the cause for GPS not going to be initialized

Thanks again

NOR flash contains different areas, easyrecovery is at the end, but another areas are also present (like bsp, serial number, model info and so on), so you should restore only needed parts and only from the same device. Also, as I said before, NOR flash contains bootloader code, so it is very easy to completely brick your device.

Partial information about NOR flash contents and how to rewrite NOR flash areas you can find here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81468-the-avic-development-mod/?p=334364

You need to erase flash regions using ioctl (memory will be filled with 0xFF values), then write new data to this regions using dd command from unix console (you can use UART with right BSP settings).

• 6 months later...

Hi all I'm kind of new to all this JTAG and Uart stuff. Could someone explain to me exactly how to hook up my Altera unit to the pioneer RGB port. I've been looking around on the site and can't see anything or anyone exactly explaining the details of how it actually supposed to be hooked up from the JTAG to the Pioneer unit any help would be appreciated

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I recently purchased a fully functional 8400NEX and I am attempting to backup the current BSP and Nor Flash.  I extracted the contents of NORFlashBackup.zip to a USB Stick, plugged it into USB Port 1 and powered on the 8400NEX.  The unit just boots normally instead of going into "Technical TestMode".  I am on firmware 1.00.  Does anyone know why it doesn't boot into "Technical TestMode"?

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am in no way a skilled software person, but I do like to try and fix things.  I have a W4400NEX that showed a "software error" screen yesterday afternoon.  Now, every time it boots up, it hangs for a bit at the Pioneer loading screen then shows my custom background image without anything else.  None of the buttons on the front work.  After a few seconds, the display shows something that I can describe as color static, then goes back to the custom desktop image.  It does this for a few minutes then the screen just goes black.

I tried to get into technical test mode - but the device doesn't seem to do anything different when it boots.  I've tried a few USB sticks to boot, all FAT32 that contain testmode_a and Copy_Script.sh.  I always start is USB 1 and then try 2 just in case.  Nothing.  

I took out the internal SD card from Pioneer and none of my computers will read it - disk management just hangs when I try to run it with that SD card in my computer.

Does anyone know if this is a NOR corruption issue or just a bad SD card from Pioneer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vegas

• 5 months later...
On 1/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, VegasMSU said:

Hi all,

I am in no way a skilled software person, but I do like to try and fix things.  I have a W4400NEX that showed a "software error" screen yesterday afternoon.  Now, every time it boots up, it hangs for a bit at the Pioneer loading screen then shows my custom background image without anything else.  None of the buttons on the front work.  After a few seconds, the display shows something that I can describe as color static, then goes back to the custom desktop image.  It does this for a few minutes then the screen just goes black.

I tried to get into technical test mode - but the device doesn't seem to do anything different when it boots.  I've tried a few USB sticks to boot, all FAT32 that contain testmode_a and Copy_Script.sh.  I always start is USB 1 and then try 2 just in case.  Nothing.  

I took out the internal SD card from Pioneer and none of my computers will read it - disk management just hangs when I try to run it with that SD card in my computer.

Does anyone know if this is a NOR corruption issue or just a bad SD card from Pioneer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vegas

Ithink i not works :( 

• 7 months later...

Dang, I got the SD Card for the 4200 hoping I could just grab the IMG file. Sadly, it's a Pioneer disk and do I can't see the partitions on it. Without the radio I can't do the backup process you have here.
Does anyone have a 4200 who would be able to create the IMG file? 

Again, I'm asking because I don't have the radio unit or I would.
I wanted to get the file for everyone looking for that IMG disk. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, I'm posting here in this old thread rather than make a new one as my question / request relates to this topic.

My unit an F60dab  I'm trying to restore is boot looping still after failed update. After many months looking I now have a new sdcard (internal) with new firmware -incase!! Trouble is because bloody unit is looping I've been advised unit needs to be ' reset ' via PuTTy via a usb - serial connection. I've done all this and at times I can see lots of data, similar to those in posts above.

But for the life of me, despite reading through PuTTy help / info, I cannot figure out how to send commands.

From above I need to send ' BSP SET  0 ' but where do I type it ?

Does anyone know ?

I'm running the prog from serial settings, then click apply and the prog converts to a new dos type window showing all the data. But it wont let me type anything. Is there anyone that can please advise what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

you have 3 seconds to get to the uBoot console.

after turning on the radio, you need to press any button on the keyboard. the console will become available.

if within 10 or 15 seconds you do not enter any command, the radio will reboot into normal mode. in your case "easyrecovery"
in the console, enter the command "warp" the radio will reboot.

Screenshot_68.jpg