AVIC411.com

AVH-4100 Back up camera picture quality at start up

Has anyone noticed that on the AVH-4100 the back up camera picture looks great when you first start the car and put it in reverse.  One the unit boots up fully and the "caution this image may appear reversed" shows up, the picture looks grainy.  I especially notice this at night.  Its sees this is a software issue as the picture is not modified when it is booting up.  My buddy has the same unit and he said the same thing. Maybe its just us that has noticed this.  I contacted pioneer tech support and they said it looked fine to them.  On my old P2300DVD the picture always looked clear.  

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue. It turns out to be the EMIcreated by the internal cooling fan on Tue unit. When the unit is cold and you start it the fan doesn't kick on right away. As soon as the internal fan kicks on you get video interfere nce. I have tried numerous cables and the result is the same. Also tried better system grounds. Still the same. I think it is a flaw internal the the board EMI design.

I have the same issue. It turns out to be the EMIcreated by the internal cooling fan on Tue unit. When the unit is cold and you start it the fan doesn't kick on right away. As soon as the internal fan kicks on you get video interfere nce. I have tried numerous cables and the result is the same. Also tried better system grounds. Still the same. I think it is a flaw internal the the board EMI design.

I also have same problem and have been racking my brain for weeks trying to figure it out, thgt camera was bad had a brand new camera that i had as a backup and that would come on clear as day as soon as music/amp would kick in picture would be  so grainy can't see anything i thgt i might have issues with led lights and restores so i bought new LEDS with cans error built in SMH

I noticed It on the 4000NEX. Always the start up image quality is great. 

I was thinking if the guides were influencing somehow, but i did turn off and the quality didn't change much.

I was guessing that on the startup there is no On Screen Display and later there is so that's why there is a loss, but i guess i'm wrong.

I feel this may be software, as I have a 4000NEX and never noticed the graininess, but once I've loaded the 4100 firmware, its terribly grainy.

i don't have the 4100 firmware installed just recently updated to 1.11 firmware for the 4000 thinking it may fix the problem but it didn't.  Think this may be an issue with video out going bad on the unit  have replaced camera and wires  and all of my video out ports show same issue with camera however camera will show clear picture before uni boots and starts playing sound with leads me to believe there some kind of short in the unit itself