AVIC411.com

2015 European Map Update for Pioneer AVIC-F30BT, F930BT, F9310BT, F40BT, F940BT, F840BT, F8430BT

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i want upgrade my avic f30bt. in the first post of this topic files was deleted.

Where i can find the file and instruction for install?

Many thx to all. PS: i'm italian, there is my language in this update?

Hi mate!

You will find everything you need here. Italian language is included in additional TTS zipped file.

So, no one can help me with required “CARDINFO†and “VERINFO†files?

I think you just use the ones already in the zip file for your unit.  No need to change out any files.

If the sd card is not getting recognized, it's sometimes caused by the creation of the sd card.

On a Windows PC, format the 4gb or 8gb sd card FAT32 and manually select the 16K allocation unit size.

Once formatted, unzip the update TO YOUR DESKTOP, not onto the sd card.

Then copy the Firmware folder, the Update folder and the Cardinfo.cif file onto the sd card.

Put the sd card into your unit. THEN turn on the power.  It should recognized the update when it boots.

Putting the sd card into an already powered up unit did not work for me.

I think you just use the ones already in the zip file for your unit.  No need to change out any files.

If the sd card is not getting recognized, it's sometimes caused by the creation of the sd card.

On a Windows PC, format the 4gb or 8gb sd card FAT32 and manually select the 16K allocation unit size.

Once formatted, unzip the update TO YOUR DESKTOP, not onto the sd card.

Then copy the Firmware folder, the Update folder and the Cardinfo.cif file onto the sd card.

Put the sd card into your unit. THEN turn on the power.  It should recognized the update when it boots.

Putting the sd card into an already powered up unit did not work for me.

Wich files do i have to put into firmware folder

wich in update folder

and where do i get the cardinfo.cif for f930BT

Yes i understand vut nothing happen if i do that..

And hear every onr talking about those folders sooo i dont know

Same here, mate.

My unit does not recognize the update.

I did the formatting and I've tried to use different SD cards.

Stupid piece of the junk just boots up as usual. And if you press "eject" button it shows SD card, so unit sees it but not an update on the card.

Any ideas how to force F840BT to start the update procedure?

Same here, mate.

My unit does not recognize the update.

I did the formatting and I've tried to use different SD cards.

Stupid piece of the junk just boots up as usual. And if you press "eject" button it shows SD card, so unit sees it but not an update on the card.

Any ideas how to force F840BT to start the update procedure?

I usually don't follow this forum (I'm Z series) but I see you're not getting any help from these people - even though you have helped several others. :(  

I think there might be something wrong with how your files are arranged on the SD. Some unzip programs do not properly extract all the archived files into their original directories. Also, I recommend extracting everything to a folder on your hard drive, then moving the files to your SD.

What folders and files are in the SD root? Should only be Cardinfo.cif, and folders FIRMWARE and UPDATE. Ignore FIRMWARE for now - it's not needed for this part of  the update.

Inside UPDATE is:

NDATA (folder)

USER (folder)

ALLDATA.HTM

ALLDATA.VER

AUTHINFO.DAT

VERINFO.DAT

Inside NDATA is a hundred or so files named NDATA.nnn (where nnn is a number). It will be different on your release.

Inside USER are two folders: PRG and SYSTEM. Also the file VOLUME.DAT

That's enough for now - if the above files and folders are not arranged like that, you need to extract the ZIP using a different program.

I usually don't follow this forum (I'm Z series) but I see you're not getting any help from these people - even though you have helped several others. :(

I think there might be something wrong with how your files are arranged on the SD. Some unzip programs do not properly extract all the archived files into their original directories. Also, I recommend extracting everything to a folder on your hard drive, then moving the files to your SD.

What folders and files are in the SD root? Should only be Cardinfo.cif, and folders FIRMWARE and UPDATE. Ignore FIRMWARE for now - it's not needed for this part of  the update.

Inside UPDATE is:

NDATA (folder)

USER (folder)

ALLDATA.HTM

ALLDATA.VER

AUTHINFO.DAT

VERINFO.DAT

Inside NDATA is a hundred or so files named NDATA.nnn (where nnn is a number). It will be different on your release.

Inside USER are two folders: PRG and SYSTEM. Also the file VOLUME.DAT

That's enough for now - if the above files and folders are not arranged like that, you need to extract the ZIP using a different program.

Thanks RonS,

I will give it a try on a weekend.