AVIC411.com

2015 European Map Update for Pioneer AVIC-F30BT, F930BT, F9310BT, F40BT, F940BT, F840BT, F8430BT

I usually don't follow this forum (I'm Z series) but I see you're not getting any help from these people - even though you have helped several others. :(

I think there might be something wrong with how your files are arranged on the SD. Some unzip programs do not properly extract all the archived files into their original directories. Also, I recommend extracting everything to a folder on your hard drive, then moving the files to your SD.

What folders and files are in the SD root? Should only be Cardinfo.cif, and folders FIRMWARE and UPDATE. Ignore FIRMWARE for now - it's not needed for this part of  the update.

Inside UPDATE is:

NDATA (folder)

USER (folder)

ALLDATA.HTM

ALLDATA.VER

AUTHINFO.DAT

VERINFO.DAT

Inside NDATA is a hundred or so files named NDATA.nnn (where nnn is a number). It will be different on your release.

Inside USER are two folders: PRG and SYSTEM. Also the file VOLUME.DAT

That's enough for now - if the above files and folders are not arranged like that, you need to extract the ZIP using a different program.

Hey Ron's i know your contributions from the Z series update forums and maybe you are not the right guy to ask this question but i saw you online soooo :)

i desperetaly need the 2015 european update verinfo.dat file for the f20bt unit. and the one they provided (i think from Pionara) in this link is dead: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03640351922687174507

maybe you have that file while you were experimenting with different verinfo.dat files? thanks in advance. 

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, after reading almot the entire thread, and seaching avic411.com for a long time, I cannot figure out, if these files will work with the F950 DAB. I can see they work for a lot of different units, and my unit model is very close to the mentioned ones. Otherwise if not, what should I look for? 

Thanks alot, and thanks for reading! :)

I usually don't follow this forum (I'm Z series) but I see you're not getting any help from these people - even though you have helped several others. :(

I think there might be something wrong with how your files are arranged on the SD. Some unzip programs do not properly extract all the archived files into their original directories. Also, I recommend extracting everything to a folder on your hard drive, then moving the files to your SD.

What folders and files are in the SD root? Should only be Cardinfo.cif, and folders FIRMWARE and UPDATE. Ignore FIRMWARE for now - it's not needed for this part of  the update.

Inside UPDATE is:

NDATA (folder)

USER (folder)

ALLDATA.HTM

ALLDATA.VER

AUTHINFO.DAT

VERINFO.DAT

Inside NDATA is a hundred or so files named NDATA.nnn (where nnn is a number). It will be different on your release.

Inside USER are two folders: PRG and SYSTEM. Also the file VOLUME.DAT

That's enough for now - if the above files and folders are not arranged like that, you need to extract the ZIP using a different program.

RonS,

Okay, finally found some spare time yesterday.

To be 100 percent sure, I went to my local computer store and bought brand new 4GB SD Kingston card.

On my computer I formatted that card to FAT32 with 16KB cluster size.

Then I copied two folders (FIRMWARE, UPDATE) and CARDINFO.cif file directly to freshly formatted SD card.

Inside FIRMWARE folder I have another folder named BT. Inside BT folder – 3 files (bootloader, CK5050P.plf and updater.plf).

Inside UPDATE folder I have two folders (NDATA and USER) plus 4 files (ALLDATA.HTM, ALLDATA.VER, AUTHINFO.DAT and VERINFO.DAT).

Inside NDATA folder – 106 files named NDATA.001 - NDATA.106

Inside USER folder I have 2 folders (PRG and SYSTEM) and 1 file named VOLUME.DAT

And guess what? Nothing! I inserted SD card with the update into SD card slot on my head unit, started the engine (just in case) and my F840BT booted up as usual. Unit sees the card for sure, then I press “eject†button it shows me that SD card is inside.

Honestly, I have no idea what to do next…

PLS.Can I have the password file

Mate,

Would it kill you just to read a couple of pages back?

I, for example, have read the entire tread, from page 1.

In your case, you just need to go one page back and you will find everything you need there (files and password).

Good luck!

RonS,

Then I copied two folders (FIRMWARE, UPDATE) and CARDINFO.cif file directly to freshly formatted SD card.

Just wanted to mention that I had problems if I unzipped directly to the sd card.  I only had success if I unzipped to the desktop and then copied to the sd card.

I'm not sure if this is the problem you are having, but I thought I would put that out there.

I think you need to try out some other CARDINFO.CIF files.  Search around these forums and try out several until you get the right one for your head unit.

Hi everyone.

First of all, thanks to everyone who put time in this project. I'm in the process of downloading the update right now.

I have quickly read the threads and found very interesting stuff. But I don't get why the first post isn't updated with the accurate informations... Having everything found instantly is clearly better than having to repeat every information a thousand times for everyone who can't find them...

That's just my two cents...

Anyway, big thanks to everyone. I think I'll be the next to buy an update to share it with the community.

But I don't get why the first post isn't updated with the accurate informations... Having everything found instantly is clearly better than having to repeat every information a thousand times for everyone who can't find them...

Because only  Flomsen can edit his post, and OP was trying to control access to these files (for $$$). Notice that more than half the posts here are people begging for the password?  When that failed or became too cumbersome, he abandoned this thread.

RonS,

To be 100 percent sure, I went to my local computer store and bought brand new 4GB SD Kingston card.

On my computer I formatted that card to FAT32 with 16KB cluster size.

Inside FIRMWARE folder I have another folder named BT. Inside BT folder – 3 files (bootloader, CK5050P.plf and updater.plf).

Inside UPDATE folder I have two folders (NDATA and USER) plus 4 files (ALLDATA.HTM, ALLDATA.VER, AUTHINFO.DAT and VERINFO.DAT).

Inside NDATA folder – 106 files named NDATA.001 - NDATA.106

Inside USER folder I have 2 folders (PRG and SYSTEM) and 1 file named VOLUME.DAT

And guess what? Nothing! I inserted SD card with the update into SD card slot on my head unit, started the engine (just in case) and my F840BT booted up as usual. Unit sees the card for sure, then I press “eject†button it shows me that SD card is inside.

Honestly, I have no idea what to do next…

Does your HU have the parking brake bypassed? Otherwise I believe you need the PB detection correctly wired and the PB set. The first step in the Pioneer installation instructions is to set the parking brake. Now, that may be just to cover their ass from potential damage/liability suites, but many functions won't work if the HU doesn't detect PB. I can't easily test this theory since mine is bypassed and has been from day-1.

Does your HU have the parking brake bypassed? Otherwise I believe you need the PB detection correctly wired and the PB set. The first step in the Pioneer installation instructions is to set the parking brake. Now, that may be just to cover their ass from potential damage/liability suites, but many functions won't work if the HU doesn't detect PB. I can't easily test this theory since mine is bypassed and has been from day-1.

I believe it does, I can watch movies while driving.

I'm running out of ideas - I've never had any issues getting updates installed. It's probably something really basic.

What app version are you currently running? See Settings/System Settings/System Information.  Make sure it is less than 6.0

When you format the SD, uncheck "Quick format" - that has caused problems.

What happens if you insert the SD while the HU is already up? If it doesn't start the upgrade process, the "normal" operation would be to scan the SD and start playing some test audio files that are buried in the upgrade. If it doesn't do either of these, something is wrong with the SD.

Next obvious problem is using the wrong CardInfo.cif file. I can't help with that. I only know the internal tags for the Z and X series units. So I can't verify whether your F840-BT is listed. BTW, does it actually say F840-BT on the face of the HU? Some people refer to their HU by the software they are running and not the actual hardware. It matters for CardInfo