AVIC411.com

8100NEX iGo Maps - Middle East. How do I load new maps not on NaviExtras?

Hi All.

We are looking for some help...

We've just moved to Dubai from Texas for work reasons and we shipped our Jeep Wrangler with an 8100NEX that I installed when they were first released.

We are now faced with not being able to use the in built navigation as there are no maps available for the Middle East via NaviExtras for the 8100NEX series :(

We do have a full set of 2014 Q.4 iGo maps purchased for our HTC M9 Android phone and they are really good. Is there anyway that we can get the maps loaded on to the 8100NEX head unit? I thought about creating an update USB Dongle but looking for some help and support on how to do this if its the right way to go about it?

The file extension on the map files on the phone sd card seems the same i.e. fbl ... for example the one for the UAE is: United_Arab_Emirates_HERE_2014.Q4_150128.fbl but not sure how to transfer them....

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff and Anna

Hi BigCix.

Thats what were doing at the moment as a work around but looking for a more permanent soution.

I have my HTC M9 but Anna uses an iPhone - changing the NEX settings everytime we switch who's driving is a pain and to be honest ;) Anna isn't the most technically minded girl - it was a struggle just to get her used to sing the in build navigation app back home never mind trying to get her to change the settings.

So - still looking for some help... or ideas. Willing to give anything a try.

Have looked into Navietxras, more specifically the Naviextras Toolbox?

Don't know if UAE is available, but this is the only legal means to get it if it does. I don't have access to my toolbox, as I am currently away from home using another computer.... or I'd check for you.

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2Show?theme=video_aftermarket

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2howto-guide?guide=Toolbox&topic=Updates

Hi jhren,

Thanks for taking a look for us.

The UAE maps aren't available for the 8100NEX via Naviextras - hence our problem. I did email the Naviextras support team and they told me that although there is a full set of iGo Middle East Maps they are just not available at the moment for "this device" and that they have no current view on when this will change which is of course dissapointing. In the toolbox "store" view it seems that I could buy new maps of just about everywhere else in the world from Europe to Africa :(

I'm going to have another go later today at creating an update USB drive and see if I can manually add the maps that we have bought for my phone - as I mentioned before the map file extension seems to be the same - I'll just need to see if I can work out what other files might need editing to tell the head unit to load the maps.

If anyone else has already done this then please let me know. I'll post an update after this next attempt.

Thanks again.

Jeff & Anna

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...