AVIC411.com

AVH-4100NEX w/iPod via USB static/audio issues.

I've been going back again and again to Car Toys trying to figure out what has been causing this same issue for me. I have an iPod 160. I never had this problem with my Z130BT or with my factory stereo. Their tech finally called Pioneer Tech Support and they say it is a known issue and is caused by the 30 pin adapter, and I need to get a newer iPod. What the hell?

That's just ridiculous. Way to screw up again Pioneer.

This makes no sense. I occasionally have the same issue on my 8100NEX. Sometimes unplugging and restarting the iPod helps. I refuse to believe this to be an issue with the 30pin adapter for iPod; tons of OEM and aftermarket iPod-ready head units that input via USB do not have these issues, some of which actually made by Pioneer.

I've been going back again and again to Car Toys trying to figure out what has been causing this same issue for me. I have an iPod 160. I never had this problem with my Z130BT or with my factory stereo. Their tech finally called Pioneer Tech Support and they say it is a known issue and is caused by the 30 pin adapter, and I need to get a newer iPod. What the hell?

That's just ridiculous. Way to screw up again Pioneer.

I for one am not spending up to $400 on a new iPod Touch (with less storage capacity than my current one). Unless they can fix this issue, they should no longer advertise the units as being compatible with the 30 pin iPods.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I solved the static issue with my Classic 160 while listening on my AVH4100. How? I finally got rid of the Pioneer and put in a Kenwood DDX9902S. It doesn't have quite the same functionality; I can't, for instance, have Android Auto and the iPod going at the same time, but given that every time I tried that with the AVH4100 I wanted to put a hole in the screen with my fist, it's probably a wash. As a bonus, I think the Kenwood sound is actually better.

Pioneer screwed up. There is no reason that you can't have an iPod Classic run without the static issue. They just don't want to admit they are incompetent.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem too.  What works for me is, that I reboot or power cycle my iPod classic, then when it comes back, that same song plays back fine.  I really like this unti (NEX 4100), but I really don't like the idea that one speads $$$ on this unit and it doesn't work that way it should.  I used to have an Alpine W505, and it's iPod playback was way better, and the album art was not an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having same problem. Went back to installer and exchanged for new unit. Got three blocks and heard it four times. Pioneer wanted to have me send files that had the issue. Well try a iPod 160. That is a lot of files. Anyways, now Pioneer wants me to send back unit and iPod with problem.They need to take some accountability and quit trying deny the issue. Anyone have this resolved?

• 1 year later...

Hey, does anybody know if this issue was fixed with the newer 4201 series? I need to replace my current Kenwood unit, and while I love the sound, I hate that I can't use Android Auto and the iPod at the same time. If the static doesn't happen with the 4201 I might consider it.

• 3 weeks later...