AVIC411.com

F910BT no AV after map update

Hello, A while ago I tried to update my Pioneer Avic F910BT with new maps. I found 2014 Q2 maps. I used the testmode to copy the new map files. It worked fine for some days and then I got some error message. When I used testmode again to see the contents of My Flash Disk it seemed corrupted because the file and foldernames looked like strange characters. If only I had made a backup prior to doing this update... 

I've had problems in the past and I was always able to reinstall a correctly working system. But for some reason now I just can't get it to work properly..

I've tried to install several versions of the software and for all of them I get some strange behaviour:

• when I get to the language initialization screen I only get to choose from 3 languages (English US, French CA, and Russian) However, I've installed many more languages. I'm Dutch so I'd like to choose the dutch language.
  • When I get to the voice screen it starts with UK Philipina highlighted and although I see other languages, when I choose any other language than the UK one the system immediately hangs.
  • When I do chose the UK Philipina voice I get a step further and see the familiar interface: Route, Contacts, AV. Both Route and contacts work fine but AV is a problem. I do hear sounds when I touch the screen but when I click the AV icon nothing happens, it just highlights and bleeps. The same when I try to go to the AV settings. It just does not respond while the other setting menus work fine.

I tried to change SYS.txt, sys_746EW.txt etc. to put in the right settings there but I must be overlooking something.

I hope someone can help me sort this out. Any reaction that can help me in the right direction very much appreciated!

Thanks.