AVIC411.com

X950BH Fireware issues :(

I recently realized my X950BH doesn't play avi's off the SD micro memory card, but music on the micro SD card works and avi's burnt to dvd's plays fine.  I checked out my firmware and it was 1.00, so I figured I'd update to 1.06 to see if that fixes the problem.

The update ran initially, but it says the fireware is 1.00 still and it still won't play anything but music off the SD card.

I've tried numerious attempts to get it to update again, but it won't active the update when I insert the micro SD card (I've tried 3 different cards and the unit sees the card).  I have the card formatted to fat 32, with the folder right in the root of the SD card.  SD--> AVICX850 -> Update files.

Any ideas?  So frustrated with this deck.

Don't bother to update.  I have the same head unit and the F/W update will break the bypass if you have already done so.  Basically just convert the files to MP4's if you can.  It will play that.  If you're running an iPhone, add them via iTunes as a movie which will play w/o loading and unloading SD cards.