AVIC411.com

:( Need help with Downgrading in N1 From 60 to original :

Is there anybody who can help me in downgrading the software. One of my stupid cousin uggraded his newer Software (60) in my system. and I am stuck with my older dvd. and I really want to downgrade my software. So far after reacherching over here I was able to go to the service menu. but I couldnt do anything after that.

I went to the force flash and over there the version shows 4. When I put my dvd which shows version 1 on top of the dvd but after inserting the dvd it also shows version 4 I dont know why and thats why I need help with downgrading the system.

Is there anybody who can HELP ME OUT WITH MY PROBLEM.

I hope this helps. This is the information that I read from somewhere else in this forum.

There have been a few people for whatever reason who wish to downgrade their software on their Avic Navigation systems. The most common use for this is for N1 users who do not feel comfortable opening their units up to solder points to complete the DVD bypass.

If you plan on downgrading your software, feel free to use this tutorial. Please note that if you attemp this with the intention of enabling DVD playback while driving, you must use the 40MT 1.2 discs, or earlier versions. Lets get started.

The Buttons:

OK = JOYPAD INWARD

BACK = JOYPAD TO THE LEFT (previous menu)

BACK = BAND BUTTON (main menu)

Step #1: Accessing the Service Menu (first remove any discs)

Hold Reset & Eject

Release Reset but HOLD Eject

The screen with go back in and out, then will say "Please press the reset button"...DONT!

Then with the joystick, press the following:

UP,RIGHT,UP,RIGHT,DOWN,RIGHT,DOWN,RIGHT…THEN OK(press right joystick inwards)

Password screen will come on breifly.

STEP #2: Flashing the Navigation Software

Test mode screen appears - CLICK JOYSTICK TO RIGHT ONCE

Scroll down to #6 - PROGRAM FORCED WRITE (press OK)

INSERT THE NAVIGATION DVD (whichever version you want)

Select #1 SYSTEM PROGRAM (press OK)

Select #2 DVD/CD ROM (press OK)

Select LANGUAGE… (ENGLISH)

PRESS (VIEW - POS) BUTTON

SHOULD SEE SYSTEM PROGRAM GOING UP IN %

STEP #3: Flashing the Navigation Software Part II

When finished programming in above step, Press (BACK)

Select #6 - PROGRAM FORCED WRITE AGAIN (OK)

Select #3 - APPLICATION PROGRAM (OK)

Select #2 - DVD/CD ROM (OK)

Select English - THEN PRESS (VIEW – POS) BUTTON (**Select English/UK if you are installing the X1 software)

SHOULD SEE SYSTEM GOING UP IN %

WHEN FINISHED PRESS (BACK)

Go to TEST MODE PAGE 1

SELECT #6 - CLEAR BACK UP MEMORY (OK)

Should say FINISHED and then asks for reset button to be pressed. When prompted, press RESET.

STEP #4: Finishing the installation

Start the Nav System again

When prompted for Language press NO (read text)

DONE!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

these instructions kinda worked...

but when it asked me to insert the disc (CDMV 40 version 1.1 or whatever)...it would say...

"The disc is being checked"

"Program update started"

"Program update failed, restarting"

and it does this an infinite amount of times, just keeps restarting and trying to boot.

when i tried putting in the N3 cd (not sure which version, its a burnt copy) it did the same thing, except it sound start to program, i would see a progress bar, and half way through it would say "Program update failed, restarting"

But after a few times the N3 disc eventually worked.

i even tried flashing the thing again, same results.

anyone else experience this? :S

I just used this same method and I am getting the same thing.

Update Failed and it re-boots. Its not doing anything. I need help!!!

lol if you figure out where to go from here, let me know dude.

my cars not insured right now and its jus sittin in my backyard so im not in too much of a rush to get my n1 working, but it would still be nice if someone out there knew what was going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

This downgrade worked perfectly for me also. I went from version 70MT back to 40M because the POI were never showing up in 70. Now they work great in 40 again. I just had to remember that when the instructions said (BACK) I was supposed to push the BAND button. When the instructions said to go to TEST MODE Page One, I was supposed to use the JoyPad Left.

Now that I have downloaded version 80MT, I am going to try the same steps and see if I can get that to work .

Thanks for the instructions!!

Bill

Hey,

The Reset + Eject yields the same "Reset" screen for the AVIC-D3...but I don't have a joystick...just a knob + buttons.

Does anyone know how to access the service menu on the D3? I attempted an upgrade to the 80 disc, and it has failed miserably. I need to downgrade to the 70 that came with the unit ASAP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan

dbnichols,

Did you find this thread?

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... =downgrade

It should work with the D series, but you must have the remote. The directions sound pretty much the same exept you have to use a keypad instead of a joystick. I am waiting on my remote to come in the mail. I talked with someone who has a D3 and it worked for them.

Good Luck

jgray8061...

Hey,

I tried this on my D3 after a bum map upgrade, and it still comes up with an "insert appropriate disc" message. I have the hardware bypass in place, and it is in the dash. I bought the remote on Amazon and it got here yesterday.

Would that make it so that it won't work? Or does the hardware bypass have no bearing on this?

Thanks for any help you might have to give,

Bryan

Yup, I did the downgrade and I won't work even after the fact.

I noticed one thing in the service menu that is very odd. On the menu that show "Application" / "System Program" / "Sound" / "GPS Program" / ETC., the "GPS Program" shows "NG", for Not Good (I'm assuming).

If I try to force program update that from the disk (the disk shows a version 1.00X ready to be loaded), it immediately errors out and says "NG". I think this is the root of my problems, and am afraid that something has malfunctioned seriously in my D3.

Any ideas? Anyone?