AVIC411.com

No CarPlay on 8000NEX?

Why does CarPlay not display on the home screen?

iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.4.1

ACIC-8000NEX with firmware 1.10 installed.

8000  Smartphone Setup:

- Device – iPhone/iPod

- Connection – USB

- Apple CarPlay – on

And the bottom of the Smartphone Setup screen shows Functions Available – Apple CarPlay

With the lightning cable connected to USB I am able to play music from the iPhone.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

post-132595-0-98368300-1442096867_thumb.jpg

Did you try the other USB port? Carplay only works on one of the two, I forgot which.

Only tried one port so far.

Make sure Bluetooth is off?

Swap with another Lighting cable?

Reconfirm that Lightning cable is in fact in USB1 and not USB2?

Apart from that I'm stumped

Bluetooth off, no I have not tried this. Bluetooth off on the 8000 or the iPhone or both?

Have tried a second lightning cable already, no joy on just that.

This may be it, if it needs to by USB1 I just checked the 8000 installation manual and that should be the top one.

Connection must be USB1 and do you have the updated software?  Check on Pioneer site, and if 1.10 is the original software, it did not include CarPlay until it was updated when the November 2014 release came out.

Will verify I am in the top USB port. Pretty sure the software 1.10 is the correct one as I just got the email update notification from Pioneer a few weeks ago.

First thing to try is Bluetooth off.

The ideas are much appreciated, thanks guys!

Scott: I keep Bluetooth on both my iPhone and NEX off. I always use Carplay therefore it's not an issue for me. I would suggest that BT on your NEX be disabled 1st and then see what happens. 

And verify that USB1 is indeed being used. And that you have the latest and greatest NEX software as well as latest iOS installed.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar issue, however, in my case, Carplay worked fine until I installed iOS 9. The deck still recognizes the device connected to the end of the Lightning cable. I can play music stored on the iPhone, stream from web (Apple Music, MLB, Sirius etc), control volume from my steering wheel etc but the CarPlay interface doesn't show up anymore on the 8000NEX's screen

Current firmware 1.1 installed.

iOS 9.0.2 installed on iPhone 6

I assume that since  it worked before the iOS update, the cable is in USB 1 port

I see recommendations above to disable BT, but I don't quite understand the relevance (I'll try it when I get home anyway)

I did a google search to see if others had similar issues and found nothing under IOS 9 issues or under 8000NEX issues which is super troubling

I tried my wife's phone (Effectively identical to mine) with the same result

Totally baffled. Any suggestions?

Thanks