AVIC411.com

7100nex CD won't eject.

I know this is probably more of a software based forum, but I can't get the DVD to eject. This is the first and only DVD that's been in the unit. I thought maybe it was a software bug, as hitting the CD eject icon opens the flip down to 100%, the same level as the SD Card eject button. On other radios usually the CD eject only lowers the screen by 15% or so, just enough to get the CD in/out. The only motor/servo I can hear running is the screen, so maybe its damaged internally somewhere? I opened the unit up and was able to pull the DVD out manually. I didn't see anything immediately wrong with the CD tray, and the ribbon cable seemed to be intact, however the radio (obviously) still thinks there's a DVD in there and won't reset. Has anyone else had this problem, does anyone have anything they might think I can try on the software side to see if its a hardware issue or a software glitch? I was kind of surprised when selecting CD source it doesn't reset the tray with no CD in it. Thanks for looking.

My fiance's 6000NEX has this problem?  Her CD wouldn't eject.  Once you opened up the unit, was it pretty easy to pull out the DVD?

If you take the unit apart be prepared to not be able to use the DVD/CD you pull out as there are tabs to keep you from putting a second CD in which will scratch your disc as you remove it. I happened to have a burned disc in mine so I didn't particularly care if I scratched it. But as far as getting to the CD/DVD tray, pretty easy, just unscrew the four screws that have arrows next to them on the top of the unit, then the 5th screw you may need to remove is the one at the back of the unit, this allows the bracket to shift out of the way for the top to come off, once you have that, you can remove the tray from the top of the unit and pull the CD out. 

Try to reset dvd settings from testmode. Also were was keys combination like VOL- and FWD you can press while unit is powered but ACC off to reset DVD eject settings, but I don't remember right keys combination.

I've looked into the other threads pinned, and have gotten into the "DEVELOPDBG ON" menu but there is nothing there for DVD settings. If you are talking about technical test mode, I read through the guide in the other thread but I'm not sure how to reboot the device into that mode. Is it as simple as downloading a BSP from the build site and putting it on a flash drive and booting from USB1?

I've looked into the other threads pinned, and have gotten into the "DEVELOPDBG ON" menu but there is nothing there for DVD settings. If you are talking about technical test mode, I read through the guide in the other thread but I'm not sure how to reboot the device into that mode. Is it as simple as downloading a BSP from the build site and putting it on a flash drive and booting from USB1?

Just insert fat32 usb flash with one file (the only one) - testmode_a.key with right contents (you can get contents from links from dev topic). Device will reboot after usb flash inserted.

If you take the unit apart be prepared to not be able to use the DVD/CD you pull out as there are tabs to keep you from putting a second CD in which will scratch your disc as you remove it. I happened to have a burned disc in mine so I didn't particularly care if I scratched it. But as far as getting to the CD/DVD tray, pretty easy, just unscrew the four screws that have arrows next to them on the top of the unit, then the 5th screw you may need to remove is the one at the back of the unit, this allows the bracket to shift out of the way for the top to come off, once you have that, you can remove the tray from the top of the unit and pull the CD out. 

I"m probably going to have to go this route and take apart the unit to pull the cd out. =/

If you haven't gotten around to pulling the DVD/CD out, I figured out that there was an "EJECT LOCK" that was turned on in the unit. Putting the unit into test mode allowed me to clear the lock and the eject started working immediately afterwards. 

The file you need is the testmode_a.key from here:

https://jenkins.casual-dev.com/job/Customize%20BSP/

Make sure its the only file on the flash drive and plug it into the radio's USB port (either seemed to work, I had mine plugged into USB2). I believe the menu I went into was Initialize to Factory Default, which has an item for the "Eject Lock". Run the factory reset, turn off the ignition when it says something about bluetooth, and then try ejecting the disc. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...