AVIC411.com

Rear camera problem

Long time Z2 user. Really have had no problems since now.  My rear view camera stopped working.  Origianlly it would work then a couple of months ago it would work on and off.  It would be working, then all of the sudden the picture started to go out and then come back.  This went on for a couple of months until it completely stopped working.  I was thinking it was just a loose connection and really didn't have time to hunt it down since I really didn't use it that much.  But recently I purchased a trainler and can use the trailer viewing mode when traveling. 

I traced the problem back to the camera itself.  It looks like the wires were loose and barely hanging onto the circuit board.  I had to cut the wires 4 inches back from the camera to bring it to my shop to re-solder it.  Once I did that I tried to resolder the sections I cut but it still does not work.  Sometimes when I am playing with the wires I do get a video for a short period of time so I really do believe I am at the source.  The camera is getting 2.4 volts steadily so I think it is the video wire.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  Do they sell just the camera, so I don't have to buy the whole kit?

Thanks in advance,

Howard