AVIC411.com

AVH-4100 w/ MaestroRR NO Bluetooth phone audio

Hi guys. I recently installed my AVH-4100 on my GTI mk6 with the iDatalink MaestroRR module. I did the job myself with the instructions froms Crutchfield and everything went OK. Music audio works fine, Carplay works fine on music and phone with Siri, and AppRadio also works well when I tried it.

The problem comes when I try to make calls with the iPhone via Bluetooth (no wires connected, either Carplay or AppRadio). The iPhone seems to pair fine with the AVH4100, since I can see all my contacts and recent calls, but when I dial a number and the call is in progress, no audio comes in or out.

I tried to look for this issue everywhere, but cannot find a solution.

Anyone dealt with this issue? Any suggestion?

No, if you have both Bluetooth and CarPlay set up then the head unit will connect via Bluetooth whenever you do not connect the lightning cable. The problem is something else. 

Are there volume settings for Bluetooth that need to be adjusted? I can't remember from memory... If not, I'd "forget" the bluetooth device on both the head unit and iPhone and start again. Good luck. 

No, if you have both Bluetooth and CarPlay set up then the head unit will connect via Bluetooth whenever you do not connect the lightning cable. The problem is something else.

Are there volume settings for Bluetooth that need to be adjusted? I can't remember from memory... If not, I'd "forget" the bluetooth device on both the head unit and iPhone and start again. Good luck.

if you using maestro check the settings in the radio under OEM settings and make sure bluetooth is on..