AVIC411.com

What's the better unit and the difference, Z1, 2, 3 or a nex

I'm looking to get me a nav unit and want one that has more, works better than the next, and so on. I was looking at the avic Z2, but see that the Z1 is cheaper and I see more of them for sale. I just need your opinion on these units and which ones are better. I have 2 kids and will be playing movies, using the gps, and listening to music. What's different between the Z1, Z2, and Z3? I also want to do the bypass to be able to use it while in motion. Thanks

I just want a good unit that has....live traffic updates, voice commands, Bluetooth, rear camera, gps that has voice command, Pandora, to be able to watch movies in rear while listen to radio up front at same time, Xm radio built in the system to where I don't need to add anything, and so on. I want to buy the one the has all or most of this stuff if possible. I just don't know if it's the Z150BH or go with the Z2? I'm on here asking because I'm sure you guys will know. Sorry if I sound dumb, but I figure I'd ask before I spent my money. Thanks in advance

Does all them have and or do the same thing? I'm looking to buy one of the many Z units and want the one that has a lot of features or at least the ones I listed and I see that there's a Z130 Z140 and a Zq150. I'm not worried about the Z110 or the Z120. Thank

There is no difference, it's just a matter of software. Z1 and/or Z2 can be upgraded to Z3 via software update

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who has owned all three of the Z1/Z2/Z3 models for close to ten years now, I must point out that, for this series,  Pioneer has NOT ISSUED A MAP UPDATE SINCE 2012! There is also another topic on this "No Map Updates" subject that claims Pioneer has said that there will be NO MORE map updates for the Z1/Z2/Z3. I also own several models of Garmin portable GPS units, going all the way back to the StreetPilot series. Unlike Pioneer, Garmin is STILL issuing new maps for these units. Considering that the Z1/Z2/Z3 models were Pioneer's "flagship" models with serious (~$1000) prices, the lack of map updates is Pretty Damned Annoying. I like my Z-series, but if Pioneer is going to fail to support their "high end" hardware, should you really buy even a newer unit? Will you not be in the same (expensive unit, no current maps) position a couple of years from now? SERIOUSLY. Even my Z-series Pioneer unit has a pretty quick User Interface, etc. However, Pioneer's lack of support is going to make me look at the comparably high-end units from Kenwood ("Excelon") and Alpine. If I can get map updates for either of those directly from Garmin (who does Just Fine with long term support) then my Z3 will be up for sale.

I just got me a z3 today, well, on the way in the mail. I hope it's everything I want.

As someone who has owned all three of the Z1/Z2/Z3 models for close to ten years now, I must point out that, for this series, Pioneer has NOT ISSUED A MAP UPDATE SINCE 2012! There is also another topic on this "No Map Updates" subject that claims Pioneer has said that there will be NO MORE map updates for the Z1/Z2/Z3. I also own several models of Garmin portable GPS units, going all the way back to the StreetPilot series. Unlike Pioneer, Garmin is STILL issuing new maps for these units. Considering that the Z1/Z2/Z3 models were Pioneer's "flagship" models with serious (~$1000) prices, the lack of map updates is Pretty Damned Annoying. I like my Z-series, but if Pioneer is going to fail to support their "high end" hardware, should you really buy even a newer unit? Will you not be in the same (expensive unit, no current maps) position a couple of years from now? SERIOUSLY. Even my Z-series Pioneer unit has a pretty quick User Interface, etc. However, Pioneer's lack of support is going to make me look at the comparably high-end units from Kenwood ("Excelon") and Alpine. If I can get map updates for either of those directly from Garmin (who does Just Fine with long term support) then my Z3 will be up for sale.

• 1 month later...

Sucks to find out they won't be providing map updates. I may have to change my unit now. They should support the Z model since it was their flagship unit.

The reason is probably that practically nobody bought the maps, everybody just copied them..... ;)