AVIC411.com

Same here, it's one of the many bugs in this long awaited app.

Another being an app crash when phone contact selected for destination.

All in all, the app is crap.

Oh, not just me then. After all the delays you'd think it would be a little better?

I subscribed to the HD traffic. It seems to work ok. Now I've got used to pioneers navigation it's not working too bad. Having android auto I've the option of Google maps too. There is a rumour that WAZE may become compatible with AA. Maybe others such as Tomtom Go or Route 66 may follow.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you need to open the AvicSync app on the iPhone every time to get into the car? That seems like a bit of an inconvenience.

If so, can you just leave it disconnected and only open the app when you want to sync a contact or transfer a router from the phone to the car?

If you leave the app open on your phone, then it will sync automatically to the head unit once you go into the Nav.

If you leave the app open on your phone, then it will sync automatically to the head unit once you go into the Nav.

I wish it did sync automagically, well, I wish it would sync my contacts, so I can pick one and have NEX take me to the address.

But AVICSYNC completely #fails, saying "No valid address found". Complete garbage.

I wish it did sync automagically, well, I wish it would sync my contacts, so I can pick one and have NEX take me to the address.

But AVICSYNC completely #fails, saying "No valid address found". Complete garbage.

Yeah the address sync is a whole other issue. I like the search and faster HD traffic updates. Other than that, I won't be paying for a renewal once the free periods expire. I will update my maps to 2016 versions when those come available. I'm running 2013 Q2 right now.

Got it for my S6 edge today. Updated the firmware on my 8000NEX and also updated the bluetooth firmware. Re-paired my phone to the radio, changed the smartphone settings inside of Input/Output settings to "Others" and connection type "Wireless via BT". AVICSYNC just won't talk to the phone. I go to associate the phone, and it just brings me to the instruction screen for either associating via USB or Bluetooth. I fired the app up on my phone while paired/linked via bluetooth, and it just won't associate. What am I doing wrong here?

Yeah the AVICSYNC services are "nice to have", but nothing worth buying. 6000 and up units already have Clear Channel traffic, so the Tom Tom HD traffic service isn't even really a benefit if you live in a major city. I'm saving for a 2016 map update. That's a better value in my opinion.

It is still lightyears behind google... by any means.. and with Auto gaining traction, it wont be long until Waze finally gets their app in there...

We have traffic updates through Pio's setup, but its lame in comparison.

I feel as if this is pioneer trying to answer the call that many have been complaining about, needing this avicsync.. just because they  "paid" for it, it's on the box, right?? Which really means nothing if you look anywhere else.. so they answered... and ho hum, big deal... when instead they should have just trashed the whole concept  and went with a refund of some sort and then went with a better alternative, like better audio management? how can they still rely on such an archaic music organization? I stream, sure, but most of my stuff is FLAC, how about better work with that?