AVIC411.com

A few weeks back I sent a scathing email to Pioneer in Japan to the investor relations / media contacts about AvicSync and the lack of information about what's going on. I received a call from management and was provided with some information. I asked if I could share it, they emailed me the exact verbiage they're permitted to share:

"Thank you for your inquiry regarding AVIC-SYNC..

We are now in the final stages of completing modifications for the last remaining technical issues. We will be making an announcement about the scheduled start date of the service soon. We appreciate your continued patience."

Just wanted to share that there is supposedly light at the end of the tunnel.

-Keith

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So where is the news? this is the same stuff they have been saying for over a year

I agree what they said isn't earth shattering or new... but where there has been absolutely no communication, and now I get a phone call from management, I'd like to believe something is going to happen soon. My prediction is that we'll hear something in a few weeks and we'll have AvicSync by the end of the year... for real this time.. Can I be wrong? Absolutely!   I'm just sharing what happened, nothing more, nothing less.

-Keith

Yeah... I'm not, it sounds like they're getting really close but considering they don't have any control over the vendor creating the app... I'm sure they don't want to announce another date that could possibly slip by. I just hope what we get is worth the wait and not crapware.

you can get S5 S6 work with mirrorlink you need to install third party app from apps store, i get it work with my Note 5.

This don't affect me at the moment, but I just love it when someone says we will have to install a third party app from app store... and then FAIL to mention the app's name!!!

This don't affect me at the moment, but I just love it when someone says we will have to install a third party app from app store... and then FAIL to mention the app's name!!!

i just mention is can be done, and no one is asking for it so i didn't mention the apps name, and beside is not in a right topic.

1) Which app did you use to get MirrorLink working?

2) Do you have a way to get AppRadio working on the S6 or Note 5?

1. Glympse for Auto and Glympse

2 .Button Savior Non Root (play Store) or direct download from Drive

3. Add apps to the shortcut see pic.

AppRadio won't work on Note 5, S6, it doesn't have MHL (HDMI) support, you need usb and HDMI to run AppRadio mode, be sure to change your setup to USB in HU.

Is not exactly full Mirrorlink but is does the job can't complain, is also depend on what you use mirrorlink for, my mainly is to use Wave and Google Map and music and DashCommand, your music auto play from the phone once is connected, you need to open music apps to stop it.

Check out my video i setup on my Note 5

post-119383-0-69628800-1444127520_thumb.jpgpost-119383-0-81764500-1444127521_thumb.jpgpost-119383-0-09447500-1444127523_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

AVICSYNC NEWS

Hi everyone. I called Pioneer customer support on Monday 10/26/15 (waited about 30 minutes) and asked them a question about what Samsung interface cable I needed. Since the customer service rep seemed very knowledgable I asked him if he had any news on the release date of AVICSYNC. He said it would be releasing in 3 or 4 weeks (which puts the release in mid/late November). He said the more recent problems with the release was compatability issues with phone operating systems. He said just when they have a release ready to go, they test it against the known phone operating system (he didn't say if it was Apple or Android) and the tests would fail. He said that this time they would release AVICSYNC and if there were problems caused by operating systems that Pioneer would be fixing it on the back end rather than delaying AVICSYNC anymore. I know for myself I will be holding off on updating my Android O/S as long as possible to see if it at least works with my current O/S. I am aware I can't go more than a couple weeks without an upgrade but I will at least know if it worked at all.

Please continue to post what you are hearing from Pioneer customer service to see if any other experiences confirm what I was told this week. AVICSYNC for Christmas 2013, um 2014, sorry, I mean 2015! 

Bill