AVIC411.com

Read this if your 8100 hangs on boot up

While I spoke to management at Pioneer about AvicSync today, I took the opportunity to ask about the issue I'm having where the 8100 will sometimes hang on boot up with buttons lit, then hang with no buttons lit if you restart the car, then boot up after a 10 second delay on the third attempt. I know I've read this is happening to others.

If this is happening to you... PLEASE call Pioneer at (800) 421-1404 and open a case with them. They are not aware of this being a known issue and the only way it will get addressed is if enough people call to complain about it.

I'd love to get an idea of how many people have this issue.

-Keith

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru Forester w/Pushbutton Start

Problem Started: After the Firmware update to 1.03

The workaround for me is to press the pushbutton start to get to ACC and then hit the start button which allows the radio to start normally. To be clear this is an annoying problem which was unexpected from this device and does impact the user experience. I understand that swapping out the battery for one with higher Cold Cranking Amps has worked, but I'm waiting before I spend money on a brand new battery.

Hi Keith,

Yes that was working for me consistently.  Today, I swapped out the factory battery which was only 390CCA for a Duralast 680CCA battery and so far the problem seems to be resolved. I'm not sure what you are driving, but you might want to explore the battery route, especially if it is still the factory one. I will keep you posted, but right now it looks promising.

Best Regards,

JCSoldier

• 2 months later...

I had this issue with an AVIC F70DAB (same as your 8100) here in Australia installed in a Toyota GTS 86 (Scion FRS) with push button. The installer placed a capacitor in power line nI believe and all is great now. The only thing I notice, and the installer told me this would happen, is that the unit is still active for about a half second after you turn off the car.