AVIC411.com

2015 avic Z120 map update

Yeah, it's kinda messed-up (but not nearly as bad as the F-series thread  ~600 posts). The original post link is outdated. For X920's and Z110/Z120's use these files. Z120/x920

Get all three, extract them, and put CARDINFO.CIF, FIRMWARE, and UPDATE in the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD. Insert into your unit. Once your unit is updated and booted into the new software, go to SETTINGS/Bluetooth Settings and update BT firmware.

Sorry for the delay, but thank you very much for responding. It's appreciated!

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RonS,  I hate to bother but am hoping you can help.  I have an X920BT with the following versions:

Version Information X920BT

I'm trying to update to the 2015 version mentioned in this thread.   I have a 64GB microSD card that I have partitioned down to only 16GB (FAT32) on which I have put the 'FIRMWARE', 'UPDATE' and CARDINFO.cif file you listed in post #140.  When I insert the card into the radio, nothing happens.  I've tried removing power to radio to reset but still no joy.  I've tried to read through all the posts that might help but am coming up empty.  Can you help?  Do I need to step up to an earlier version before I go to 2015?  Also, will this update include maps and firmware, including bluetooth?

I'm trying to update to the 2015 version mentioned in this thread.   I have a 64GB microSD card that I have partitioned down to only 16GB (FAT32) on which I have put the 'FIRMWARE', 'UPDATE' and CARDINFO.cif file you listed in post #140.  When I insert the card into the radio, nothing happens.  I've tried removing power to radio to reset but still no joy.  I've tried to read through all the posts that might help but am coming up empty.  Can you help?  Do I need to step up to an earlier version before I go to 2015?  Also, will this update include maps and firmware, including bluetooth?

Must be your SD. Get a cheap 4 to 8 GB one and don't partition it. Format FAT32 using default cluster size. The boot loader in these units isn't very sophisticated.

I tried with a new 8GB microSD formatted to FAT32 with cluster size of 4032 which is default.  Still no action when I plug in the SD card.  I'm wondering if I'm missing a file or have the wrong file.  I see conversations related to both the CARDINFO.CIF file as well as the VERINFO.DAT file. Could I have a wrong one of those?  Again, is all I'm supposed to do is plug in the SD card while radio is powered on and it'll go or is there something more?  I have a PhD in engineering and I'm not used to things being simple.  If possible, can someone point me to somewhere that lists the whole process assuming I know nothing (which is actually pretty accurate at this point)?

I tried with a new 8GB microSD formatted to FAT32 with cluster size of 4032 which is default.  Still no action when I plug in the SD card.  I'm wondering if I'm missing a file or have the wrong file.  I see conversations related to both the CARDINFO.CIF file as well as the VERINFO.DAT file. Could I have a wrong one of those?  Again, is all I'm supposed to do is plug in the SD card while radio is powered on and it'll go or is there something more? 

The root of the SD needs the Cardinfo.cif file (the CardInfo.txt from #140 renamed), FIRMWARE & UPDATE dirs. That's all. Don't change VERINFO.DAT. Its already been patched.

Other potential problems are the zip archive extraction. Did you use a Mac? That's been known to cause problems. What program did you use to extract the files? Some prgms don't extract all the files to the proper subdirectories. 

BTW, I have a Z110bt, which has a regular SD slot. I've had problems using a microSD (with adapter). Does the x920 have an SD  or microSD reader.

I have a PhD in engineering and I'm not used to things being simple.

Oh, that explains it.  :P 

If possible, can someone point me to somewhere that lists the whole process assuming I know nothing (which is actually pretty accurate at this point)?

Don't know how it could be made much simpler. Try listening to a Trump speech beforehand. That should loose you a few brain cells." Trust me, It'll be so wonderful. You won't believe it!" :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Ron, Thanks a ton!  I think I changed the VERINFO.dat file.  I'll put it back.  My x920BT does have the microSD slot.  

I'll try the Trump thing...  may work!

Also, I noticed back in one of the threads that someone formatted to a FAT32 with 16K clusters instead of 4K ones and they said it worked.  I'm going to step out and try it with 4K clusters and see if it works.

If the VERINFO.dat file is wrong, is that enough to stop the process from starting?

No MAC, using x86.  I used the zip extract tool built into Windows 7.  Any worries of that working?

Okay, so I tried the 16k cluster size formatted sd card and still nuttin.  As a last resort, I thought I would reset to factory settings and that actually solved the bluetooth issue that drove me to this whole project to start with.  I think I won the battle but am still losing the war...

Not sure where to go at this point.