AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The attached CARDINFO will work for 130BT/140BT by prompting "Update:  Yes/No"....However, when you go past that, it'll say "Incorrect SD card" ...

Then why post it? What Cardinfo file was this based on? It begins with "#PIONEER3" instead of our "PIONEERQ". My theory is that some of those characters after PIONEER" relate to the UPDATE image.   Try making the mod with the US 2015 Cardinfo file. Just replace the Z110bt label "X07UNC" with "X71UC0" (Z130bt) and "X30UNC" with "X14UCO" (Z140bh).  If that works, the X series guys can replace "X27UNC" with "X72UNC" (x930bt) and maybe randomly replace some 6 characters with" X15UC0" (X940BT). I think it is important to keep the file size to 300 bytes.

I have my ipod wired and I cannot control it through the head unit after applying the 2015 update. I'll try falling back to the 2012 bluetooth firmware and see if that fixes my bt audio issue, but this will not fix my issue of not being able to control the ipod through the head unit. I'll report back if the 2012 bt firmware fixes my issue.

Thanks for all the help.

Did you set Settings/AV System Settings/App Connection to Wired?

The attached CARDINFO will work for 130BT/140BT by prompting "Update:  Yes/No"....However, when you go past that, it'll say "Incorrect SD card" ..ThT

This CARDINFO.CIF file is from the 2012 (v4.0) update. Even though it will work for the Z110BT, Z120BT, X920BT, and Z130BT as shown by the HEX dump, it won't work with the 2015 update because it is searching for version 4.0 (2012) update, therefore the "Incorrect SD card" error.

post-18057-0-12940400-1445808981_thumb.jpg

Okay, I took the CARDINFO from this thread (2015 update) and modded it to support Z130BT and Z140BT.  This should hopefully work now.  It's crazy raining here I can't get to the truck outside to test.

Give it a try.  Make sure you back up /USER directory first.

Just tried your modded CARDINFO file on a Z140BH. Still displays "incorrect SD card" message. I verified the SD card I am using is good by using the 2013 (v5.0) update. I attached a HEX dump image of the 2013 V5.0 Z110BT/Z120BT and Z140BH. As you can see, every value, except #PIONEER, is different. I can only assume that this would be the case with the 2015 V6.0 CARDINFO files. I was hoping to get the EU CARDINFO file to see if it might be easier to modify since the Z140BH and F40BT units are identical.

post-18057-0-85972000-1445814561_thumb.jpg

Just to keep it simple for now, I'd recommend replacing "X14EU0" (F40BT) with  "X14UC0" (Z140BT) and "X71EUR" (F30BT) with "X71UNC" (Z130BT).

That replaces the EU F series units with US/CN versions of that hardware. So hopefully if any of those other mysterious characters are important, they will match. If this works with Z130 & Z140, then the X series (X930 & X940) can be added.

cardinfo.cif is just signalling unit that there is an update on the SD card.

I dont think it has versioned information.

I do know that there are some special fields at char position 16 and 17. I think they are normally ascii "00" and can be 01, etc but I dont recall exactly what those are used for.

Regarding the rest of the cardinfo, starting at about the 20th char, and every group of 6 chars after that, there could be the model codes that were discussed before. This goes on through much of the rest of the file, and then there may be some other section towards the end of the file, again not sure if thats used or what its used for.

So you can replace or add your own model code in there.

I think that if your model code is listed in cardinfo.cif and the unit reboots, then cardinfo is finished. So the problem here is not with cardinfo.

The verinfo has a major version and i think an update type (normal vs urgent). I think this is also set correctly to do an update.

The ALLDATA.VER has a manifest of all the files in the update, including size and crc32. I think this is used by update to verify the files are correct.

I'm suspecting that something else isn't right in the case of "Incorrect SD card" - perhaps there is an os-level "platform" update which is only for certain hardware model.

to see the structure of the cardinfo.cif, you can run this command (linux/mac) on cardinfo and see where the model codes are placed. I think they can be anywhere in the middle as long as they are on these 6 letter boundaries. Seems like there is alot of obfuscation there.

sed -e 's/#Pionee//' -e 's/....../&\n/g' CARDINFO.cif