AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

Hi RonS,

Its on a HIGH-SPEED 8GB microSD HC card...  Should I buy another 4GB?  Non high speed?  What kind does the real Navteq Update SD have?  Maybe I'll match that! 

Just to confirm, the newest links update should work for my X940BT?  The UPDATE, FIRMWARE and CARDINFO.dat in the root dir of the SD. I did not transfer the Compatibility.txt file.  I did have a few issues with downloading the .zip file... It downloaded about 850MB then said it was download completed.  I try a few times and then finally it I downloaded the full 2.45GB.  I thought maybe it capped at 1GB per zip file but eventually the full zip file downloaded.  There there another link I can use or can you send it PM.  This would confirm that I have the complete download... 

Thanks for the prompt response and I really appreciate the help.!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi RonS,

Its on a HIGH-SPEED 8GB microSD HC card...  Should I buy another 4GB?  Non high speed?  What kind does the real Navteq Update SD have?  Maybe I'll match that! 

Just to confirm, the newest links update should work for my X940BT?  The UPDATE, FIRMWARE and CARDINFO.dat in the root dir of the SD. I did not transfer the Compatibility.txt file.  I did have a few issues with downloading the .zip file... It downloaded about 850MB then said it was download completed.  I try a few times and then finally it I downloaded the full 2.45GB.  I thought maybe it capped at 1GB per zip file but eventually the full zip file downloaded.  There there another link I can use or can you send it PM.  This would confirm that I have the complete download... 

Thanks for the prompt response and I really appreciate the help.!

I always use a plain-jane 4GB one. I think when you buy the Navteq one, it comes on a 4GB microSD w/adapter.   I also got a "short" download the first time. Don't know why. Worked right the second time. 

Ok, I'll go to malwart and get a cheapy 4GB microSD... If they don't have a 4GB, 8GB should work right? 

Yup. I'm not saying that larger (4,8,16) ones won't work, but I know HC cards are different technology. I had a microSD 16GB that wouldn't work - so I stay w 4-8GB to be safe.

UPDATE: I just reviewed the Z120 and Z140 User's manuals and they do say the units are capable of SDHC. The older units only say up to 16GB. So that might not be the issue. But others have had to try different SDs to get it to work. More people have file extraction issues. Some un-zip programs work differently - especially with nested directories in the archive.  7-Zip seems to work good on PCs. Most of the problems seem to be with Macs. They often have to run Windows in a VM.

I also checked out the protocol/standard for microSD.  microSD has a max of 2GB, SDHC is 2gb or more.. Then there is SDXC which is 64, 128 etc.  The class however is the speed at which the data is transferred.  My CLASS10 min write at 10mb/s, I just found a class 4 (4mb/s) and i'll try that.  If not, I'll try to unzip with a different software.

Thanks

So, I tried and was unsuccessful... I still have the incompatible SD error... I'll try to download the zip file again and use another unzip program to see if that's the issue. By the way, has anyone actually try to update this file to  940BT sucessfully?

UPDATE: I tried and tried again... This time I got to 2% so once I passed 1% I thought "Yay", then it wouldn't go pass 2% and got the error again...

So I then proceeded to use the TESTMODE and delete the \USER\SYSTEM\Download\StartKnd.log. and rebooted my HU.  Except... There is no maps!  Therefore, I have to get his HU running again.

Any help again will be appreciated.

I had this sd card error and it was all in how I unzipped and created the sd card.

What ended up working for me was the full sd card format to fat32 with purposely selecing the 16k allocation unit size

I also unzipped the zip file to my pc desktop with winrar and then individually copied to the microSD card, the FIRMWARE folder first and then the Update folder next and finally the correct CardInfo.cif file.

I just did the update and a first thE ipod was not detected after the update but i took the battery cable off for a few minutes and the reconected it and now my ipod works again but now my app selection for pandora is not illuminated so no pandora   ,  BUMMER,  ANY ONE HAVE AN ANSWER TO THIS???

I just did the update and a first thE ipod was not detected after the update but i took the battery cable off for a few minutes and the reconected it and now my ipod works again but now my app selection for pandora is not illuminated so no pandora   ,  BUMMER,  ANY ONE HAVE AN ANSWER TO THIS???

WHAY ALL CAPS??????????  MAKE SURE BLUETOOTH IS PAIRED.