AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

I just did the update and a first thE ipod was not detected after the update but i took the battery cable off for a few minutes and the reconected it and now my ipod works again but now my app selection for pandora is not illuminated so no pandora   ,  BUMMER,  ANY ONE HAVE AN ANSWER TO THIS???

MAKE SURE BLUETOOTH IS PAIRED.

First, I assume it worked the way you expected (Pandora) before the upgrade. Now - what device are you running Pandora from? I expect it not an iPod (which I'm guessing is wired). If you are, how is it getting broadband internet access while you're driving? Or did you mean iPhone instead of iPod?

The reason I ask is - on an iPhone, Pandora only works with the Settings / AV Settings / App Connection set to "Wired".

Of course, maybe, like me, you use an iPod for stored music and an Android phone for BT internet audio streaming and Pandora. In which case, make sure Settings / AV Settings / App Connection is set to "Bluetooth".

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This update was not recognized by my z110 unit.

So I pulled the CARDINFO file from the 2013 map update and replaced the 2015 file.

Inserted SD card, and the update was recognized.

Let it finished, and updated Bluetooth, although the versions were the same.

Afterwards, everything worked except my Bluetooth connection.

My iphone 6 would connect, but I could not stream any audio to the z110.

I had to reinstall the 2013 update.

This update was not recognized by my z110 unit.

So I pulled the CARDINFO file from the 2013 map update and replaced the 2015 file.

Inserted SD card, and the update was recognized.

Let it finished, and updated Bluetooth, although the versions were the same.

Afterwards, everything worked except my Bluetooth connection.

My iphone 6 would connect, but I could not stream any audio to the z110.

I had to reinstall the 2013 update.

Maybe this would work??? Seem to be a lot of BT related problems lately. I have a Z110bt and streaming audio with Android is a little flakey - but it works as long as I wait until the phone has connected before selecting a BT source.

This seems more complicated than it is because there are two different AVIC series that use this upgrade: Z-series (Z110/120/130/140) and X-series (x920/930/940). Each series has its own forum. Most of us have been reading both forums ( plus the F-series one) since the knowledge needed is spread out and it is a common solution. To complicate it even more, there are two different sets of files for the US/CAN 2015 upgrade. One set only works with the older units (Z110, Z120, x920) and the other works with newer units (z130, z140, x930, x940).

With previous upgrades (normally released annually) we only needed one set of files (UPDATE, FIRMWARE directories) and only needed to place on the SD the CardInfo.CIF file for the older or newer units. For some reason that didn't work this year. Many of the UPDATE files differ between the older and newer units. I still don't understand why.

Keep in mind that you are reading a thread in the Hacks sub-forum forum which is a work-in-progress - not a how-to procedure. It presumes a certain level of expertise. However it seems that the messy details have finally been sorted-out. We now have a very simple process which only requires a little knowledge on using your computer - basically how to download, extract the compressed files, and copy them onto your installation SD.

Unfortunately links to files sometimes get stale. They all do eventually. For the time being, get your files here:

Then extract the files, copy UPDATE, FIRMWARE, and CardInfo.CIF to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD, and insert it into your unit.

Thanks for every ones hard work in this thread. I just tried to Download the files for my z140bh and seems like your link is down. Any one have another link or can upload these files?? Thanks!

Thanks for every ones hard work in this thread. I just tried to Download the files for my z140bh and seems like your link is down. Any one have another link or can upload these files?? Thanks!

I just clicked that link "newer units" and the file is automatically downloaded. Took about 15 minutes. Are you sure is isn't being downloaded in the background?

I just clicked that link "newer units" and the file is automatically downloaded. Took about 15 minutes. Are you sure is isn't being downloaded in the background?

Thanks for the reply,last night when I was trying it seems like the link was down cuz I tried again this morning and it downloaded. It was slow as hell but it worked. Flashed it while I was working and can confirm it worked on my Z140BH. Did not have to update the bluetooth as everything still worked fine with my Samsung S5. (i dont have any wired connection). Thanks for the help!!! love this place

Here is the nag screen hack for this release (v6.0)

Apply this binary patch to /USER/PRGn*/APL/NAVI.EXE 

at offset 0xBEC64  

change 05 00 00 0A   to   00 00 A0 E1

*See below for the correct path to the file for your unit.

Note: do not install the upgrade with the edited file on the SD. If you do, the installation will fail. After it is successfully installed, you can use a copy of the one on the SD (in UPDATE\USER\PRG\APL) to patch, then use a separate SD with testmode.key and the patched NAVI.EXE on it to update your unit. I recommend not modifying the file on your installation SD.

This is dangerous - especially for noobies. Make a backup of any files you change - in fact making a backup of all files under \USER is a good idea.

* there are two \USER\PRG directories on your HU. The active one is indicated by the presence or absence of a file named \USER\PRG.FLG

If this file is not present, the active files are in \USER\PRG0\APL. Otherwise, the active files are in \USER\PRG1\APL

Hey RonS, when you mention "at offset 0xBEC64", do you mean a line number?  I have opened Navi.exe on an editor on my computer but I can't even seem to find the line "05 00 00 0A".  I have a Z140BH.  A response would greatly be appreciated.  

EDIT: Nevermind I read another post and found that I had to use a Hex editor!  All your posts are really helpful!

Edited by 01001110

Little update I have Avic -Z140bh and my audio with bluetooth doesn't work. 

Version 3.32 for bluetooth and shows that's the latest version. 

However my calls are crispy clear (thankfully) . I think the issue is with Android since it got updated to 5.0 lollipop and higher- they haven't addressed the issue even in 5.1.1 update. 

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on the update (X920BT unit) - it works..  Had a problem with the "INVALID SD CARD" issue though during the update (even though it was formatted FAT32).   I had a 8 GB SDHC card, finally got it working by

Reformatted the card using GUIFORMAT,EXE (using 16384 allocation size) and made sure QUICK FORMAT was disabled (not checked).   I then extracted the files using 7-ZIP to a directory FIRST on my computer (made sure there weren't improper nesting of UPDATE, and FIRMWARE folders).

This resulted in a

/FIRMWARE

/UPDATE 

CARDINFO.cif

I then copied those files to the root of the recently formatted SD card (using WINDOWS).

Worked after that.