AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

I did the update on my X930BT and all went well except that the iPod (160GB) doesn't connect to the head unit. The iPod screen has the Pioneer logo on it and says connected, but the head unit has the spinning arrows. I unplugged the battery twice now for 30 min + each time and still no iPod. Anybody have any other suggestions???

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallo,

ich bitte um Entschuldigung, dass ich nicht im richtigen Forum bin. Aber leider bekomme ich keine Hilfe im F-Forum.

Ich lebe seit gut einem Jahr in Chile und habe mir meinen VW T5 California mit dem AVIC F940BT aus Deutschland mitgenommen.

Da es von Pioneer keine offiziellen Karten von Chile bzw. von Südamerika gibt, habe ich mir die NAVTEQ Südamerika Karte von Garmin gekauft.

Leider komme ich mit der Testmode in mein System, obwohl ich es mit 2, 4, 8 GB micro SD Karten der verschiedenen Hersteller versucht habe.

Dann habe ich mich tagelang mit der Super Testmode hier im Forum befasst und eingelesen und kann jetzt auch ein Backup machen vom USER

oder auch von NDATA, sowie Daten einfügen oder auch löschen.

Meine Frage wäre, kann ich das hier angebotene Update für das System und die Karten X940BT auf mein F940BT machen und ist es möglich

die Südamerika Karte von Garmin (NAVTEQ) mit der Super Testmode auf mein AVIC F940BT zu installieren.

Ich wäre sehr dankbar für Ihre Hilfe (bitte einfach erklären, bin 71 Jahre) und Grüße aus dem fernen Chile

Uli

Avda. Jardin del Mar 1555

Vina del Mar / Chile

ulito@elektro-neeb.de

Long read on this one, but looks like a lot of hard work by several...

Unfortunately I just tried the latest link for the Z110 and it appears to be down. Any one able to put back up? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry, can't help!  This has to be the most ass tight sites I have ever been on.  Out of the almost 100 downloads, only a couple thank yous and nothing more.  While I do have several different models and even a X950 model, I will no longer help ingrates! 

Sorry, can't help!  This has to be the most ass tight sites I have ever been on.  Out of the almost 100 downloads, only a couple thank yous and nothing more.  While I do have several different models and even a X950 model, I will no longer help ingrates! 

Sorry to see that, I understand. I've been in the same boat on many sites.

I was one of the several who chipped in to buy the 2013 update and upload and it was amazing how little appreciation was shown. Not to say it wasn't, but by a significant minority.

Long read on this one, but looks like a lot of hard work by several...

Unfortunately I just tried the latest link for the Z110 and it appears to be down. Any one able to put back up? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Download the file pack for the newer ones, Click on this link LINK and download the old CARDINFO.cif file and replace the one in the original download with the one from the second download and you will be good to go. Just worked for a Z110 I bought on the cheap. 

Download the file pack for the newer ones, Click on this link LINK and download the old CARDINFO.cif file and replace the one in the original download with the one from the second download and you will be good to go. Just worked for a Z110 I bought on the cheap. 

So no trouble? I had read that RonS said the early release had more files included... Or is this later model upload constructed from the earlier and patched? That would make sense, it would have all the files.

I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Sorry to see that, I understand. I've been in the same boat on many sites.

I was one of the several who chipped in to buy the 2013 update and upload and it was amazing how little appreciation was shown. Not to say it wasn't, but by a significant minority.

I have never seen such a large group of ingrates in my life.  It's no wonder the site is pretty much dead!  A bunch of freeloaders if you ask me!

I have never seen such a large group of ingrates in my life.  It's no wonder the site is pretty much dead!  A bunch of freeloaders if you ask me!

There are those at any site, but the main reason I continue with most sites is for the few that you know appreciate what you have contributed and for the knowledge learned. It's pretty much like the whole rest of the world, but you have to keep going and can't let it get you down.

I know it sounds like I am the perpetual optimist, but far from that. I am the guy that always expects the worst and sometimes you're pleasantly surprised here and there when it turns out otherwise.

Ok, that all aside, I do want to thank you as I think I've figured out that all of the versions apparently were built off of your first donation. I was able to download the "newer" version and put back the proper cardinfo file for the "older" version.

Your suggestion worked just fine, installed with no issues. Thank you. Also thanks for the nag fix file, I will be installing that tomorrow if I get time.

Also thanks to Pionara, RonS, and the many others who worked on this project.

Now hopefully after I disconnect power it will recognize my iPhone again. Right now it just comes up and nothing can connect to it. Seems the power disconnect fixed many peoples problems. Crossing my fingers....

On a side note, since some were having trouble, I used 8gb micro SD cards w/ adapter for almost every update and/or moding on this thing. They are not the "high speed" variety and I format with windows "default" allocation size option.

Just a point of clarification. The reason we have two complete sets of files was because the original Z120/x920 upgrade posted by kellinaradway didn't seem to work on the Z130/Z140 even with modified CardInfo.CIF files. It worked fine for Z110/Z120/x920.

Then BlakeStone posted a link in the X series forum that was for the newer units. AFAIK, this version wasn't just a hacked version of the Z120 image. It even had a different internal product number. Z120 = T1000-23346 ; Z140 = T1000-23348. This is found in /UPDATE/ALLDATA.HTM

I used a perl script that pionara posted to verify each version's files using it's manifest file (ALLDATA.VER), which contains the files to be installed and their CRC values. Between the two versions there were quite a few differences in the file list in the NDATA directory. So it appeared that the two different versions used different map files for some unknown reason. Oddly, all the same NDATA files are present in both versions. It was just a difference in the manifest list.

It's good to know that the newer version works on older models when the correct CardInfo file is used.

Just a point of clarification. The reason we have two complete sets of files was because the original Z120/x920 upgrade posted by kellinaradway didn't seem to work on the Z130/Z140 even with modified CardInfo.CIF files. It worked fine for Z110/Z120/x920.

Then BlakeStone posted a link in the X series forum that was for the newer units. AFAIK, this version wasn't just a hacked version of the Z120 image. It even had a different internal product number. Z120 = T1000-23346 ; Z140 = T1000-23348. This is found in /UPDATE/ALLDATA.HTM

I used a perl script that pionara posted to verify each version's files using it's manifest file (ALLDATA.VER), which contains the files to be installed and their CRC values. Between the two versions there were quite a few differences in the file list in the NDATA directory. So it appeared that the two different versions used different map files for some unknown reason. Oddly, all the same NDATA files are present in both versions. It was just a difference in the manifest list.

It's good to know that the newer version works on older models when the correct CardInfo file is used.

Thanks for the clarification Ron. I saw where you had pointed out the difference in the NDATA files, but did not realize that they were all present on both. It was a little cloudy as to exactly what happened, well it could be me loosing some details while reading all nine pages of the thread... :)

Thank you for the work to get this going.

Thanks for the clarification Ron. I saw where you had pointed out the difference in the NDATA files, but did not realize that they were all present on both. It was a little cloudy as to exactly what happened, well it could be me loosing some details while reading all nine pages of the thread... :)

Thank you for the work to get this going.

Oh, you've got it easy. The European 2015 map update thread currently has 648 posts.

BTW, I didn't get this started - just pitching in to help sort it out.