AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you , RonS, will try it today

BTW , do you think I need to backup my unit? if yes, please kindly advise how to do that .Sorry I am old  :-(

Not a bad idea but most people don't do it. It isn't that easy learning Testmode. There's a video on Youtube -> TESTMODE 

To get into TestMode, download SuperTestMode.zip from here -> testmodekey; extract TestMode.key, put it on an SD and insert it.

I guess you people didn't read the rest of this thread. Use the Z140 link (which works - I just tested). Unzip on your hard drive, then open up the CardInfo.CIF file with a text editor. Delete all the text and replace with:

#PioneerQPRX2MP00IUYJSO2NFRJA6QYICEG003IC1TD9OA3KWJTKXX9C3SCQX30UNCVY6O2C7W7QW14BK0OJDGF1K5X07UNCP79T4YGYNGVDX27UNCTNEPNWPBS1H4INT15XKYQ6XBLHEWPEWXN7342Q1WW8HWKXNLRWELALK6KIJU0PO17P3BF1UJXB8RHUYU9IL91RRBYIK15QVAEHTFQECMSSHF21XXJRTYY6U4XOMA7SPEUP21BCGQHT9EYQ4RV3WSUEC1JNSPIIMD61GDEYIKWC9EUCJKX8JICMVCG

(no returns or line-feeds) and save it. It should be exactly 300 bytes long. Copy it all to an SD. Should install just fine.

Many thanks, RonS

New to here, and this is the first time to do this.

Download the Z140 file and I have modified the cardinfo.cif follow your direction.

But what the next step? should I

1. Format a SD card in FAT32 type?  I only have a 32G ,is it OK?

2. Copy the firmware folder,update folder  modified CARDINFO.CIF to the root of SD card

3. Insert to the Z120 unit

4. it will automatic update , wait to finish 

is that all I need to do?

if I need to update the bluetooth, is any other file I need to download?

my unit is original Z120 with 2.003 version. toooooo old  :mrgreen:

Thanks for help

Hi RonS,

Does this work on the X920BT?  Sorry, if this was answered before. I browsed though several threads and read conflicting information.

If it does work, I have already downloaded the "2015 USA CANADA MAP UPDATE.zip" from here: z130bt, z140bh, x930bt, x940bt - newer units  and will follow veron_fat's steps.

Hi RonS,

Does this work on the X920BT?  Sorry, if this was answered before. I browsed though several threads and read conflicting information.

If it does work, I have already downloaded the "2015 USA CANADA MAP UPDATE.zip" from here: z130bt, z140bh, x930bt, x940bt - newer units  and will follow veron_fat's steps.

Yes it should work on x920, z110, z120, and of course (without modification to CardInfo) x930/940 and  z130/140

Or let first start by saying thanks to everyone who had a hand in making this work!!!  im sorry if is has already been answered but Im new to this an just want to make sure I'm reading all this all right. 

I have a BT Z120 and it is on V.2003. I want to update it with the 2015 new maps an all the other goodies. Im not to sure which file to download or what to do. I have read over the thread an just want to make sure Ive got it an I download the right files..  Thanks for the help.

Ok so I have the  Z120BT an I download the 2015 USA CANADA MAP UPDATE for  z130bt, z140bh, x930bt, x940bt - newer units

Then make the modification to the  CardInfo.cif file to this

#PioneerQPRX2MP00IUYJSO2NFRJA6QYICEG003IC1TD9OA3KWJTKXX9C3SCQX30UNCVY6O2C7W7QW14BK0OJDGF1K5X07UNCP79T4YGYNGVDX27UNCTNEPNWPBS1H4INT15XKYQ6XBLHEWPEWXN7342Q1WW8HWKXNLRWELALK6KIJU0PO17P3BF1UJXB8RHUYU9IL91RRBYIK15QVAEHTFQECMSSHF21XXJRTYY6U4XOMA7SPEUP21BCGQHT9EYQ4RV3WSUEC1JNSPIIMD61GDEYIKWC9EUCJKX8JICMVCG

Then put  the FIRMWARE, UPDATE, CARDINFO onto a fresh formatted SD Card to update the maps then go into blue tooth to update that.

If I missed something please let me know. Thanks for all the hard work to make this work an to everyone that takes the time to help us Noobs. Is there a Kitty fund for the next map update?

Ok so a BIG,BIG,BIG thanks to everyone that put all the hard work an time into this for us.

I have updated my frimware from 2.003 to 6.000 an to the 2015 USA CANADA MAP on my Avic Z120BT. I can not confirm about the other units but for the Z120 it was a piece of cake to do. I am by no means savvy at stuff like this so if I can do it anyone can. It is very straight forward and easy to do. If you read over this whole thread you will get all the answers you need.  An again a big thanks to everyone. I am very GRATEFUL TO YOU ALL!!!!! 

So this is what I did for my Avic  Z120BT.

1. Downloaded this, click the blue link here for newer units    z130bt, z140bh, x930bt, x940bt - newer units    

2. Once you have finished the download extract the files if need so. I didn't have to as Im on a Mac. You may have to extract the files if you are on a PC not sure about that.

3.Then open up the 2015 USA CANADA MAP UPDATE folder you downloaded. Find the CardInfo.CIF file then open the file with a text editor. Delete all the text and replace it with this info below. Copy from the # to the G in the text below. 

4.  Then Copy  the UPDATE, FIRMWARE folders and the edited CardInfo.CIF  to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD card larger then 4GB.

5. Then insert it into your unit an then hit ok to update. This will take about 25 minutes to do an you must leave the vehicle running to update.

6. After your uint boots back up an you finish the units setup go into the bluetooth setting an then hit update firmware. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes to finish.

DONT FORGET TO THANK THE OTHER USERS FOR THIER TIME IN MAKING THIS HAPPEN.

First off, thank you guys for making these updates available!!

I've updated the maps/bluetooth using the files from the 'newer' units even though I have the older z110bt. I've now got the firmware showing 6.000. 

I have a couple of questions though that I didn't see in this thread:

- Directly after the update, I had the icons for Pandora and Aha. I was getting the same iPod issues (blank screen) so I performed a battery reset on the unit. The iPod controls now work, but the icons for Pandora and Aha are gone. (EDIT: I don't have the 'App Connection' button but was able to get these icons back)

- I've noticed that there are still big chunks of maps missing (my home address is not showing even though the complex was built 10+ years ago. (Is this because HERE Maps aren't updated?)

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

- I've noticed that there are still big chunks of maps missing (my home address is not showing even though the complex was built 10+ years ago. (Is this because HERE Maps aren't updated?)

Any suggestions?

Try zooming-in more. Secondary side streets don't always show up (even when you are driving on them)unless you are zoomed-in pretty close. Did your home street show-up on the old maps?

Try zooming-in more. Secondary side streets don't always show up (even when you are driving on them)unless you are zoomed-in pretty close. Did your home street show-up on the old maps?

Ron,

I zoomed in but it still doesn't recognize a lot of the side streets. I've gone to the HERE Maps website and they don't show up either unless you're in 'satellite' mode. I'm assuming that it's a HERE problem and not the update? On a much older version of the maps the street did show up.

I apologize for all of the questions, but...

Also, I've noticed that my Android phone (Galaxy s5) does not connect automatically to Bluetooth with 'phone and media' but just with 'phone'. I have to go into Bluetooth audio and connect manually. I'm using 3.22 and have seen other posts saying that rolling back to a previous version might work. Is that my only solution?

Ron,

I zoomed in but it still doesn't recognize a lot of the side streets. I've gone to the HERE Maps website and they don't show up either unless you're in 'satellite' mode. I'm assuming that it's a HERE problem and not the update? On a much older version of the maps the street did show up.

I apologize for all of the questions, but...

Also, I've noticed that my Android phone (Galaxy s5) does not connect automatically to Bluetooth with 'phone and media' but just with 'phone'. I have to go into Bluetooth audio and connect manually. I'm using 3.22 and have seen other posts saying that rolling back to a previous version might work. Is that my only solution?

I have a Google Nexus 5 and am running BT 3.32 (the latest) on my AVIC. Once in a while I have BT audio streaming issues but it works most of the time. I found it always works if my AVIC audio source is something other then BT, Aha, or Pandora when I boot up. I wait until I get the phone  "connected" message on the HU before switching to a BT source. BTW, 3.22 isn't a version I'm familiar with. Did you mean 3.24 - or maybe you meant 3.32?  I don't know what software you were running before the v6 (2015) upgrade. Have you tried 3.32?

I have a Google Nexus 5 and am running BT 3.32 (the latest) on my AVIC. Once in a while I have BT audio streaming issues but it works most of the time. I found it always works if my AVIC audio source is something other then BT, Aha, or Pandora when I boot up. I wait until I get the phone  "connected" message on the HU before switching to a BT source. BTW, 3.22 isn't a version I'm familiar with. Did you mean 3.24 - or maybe you meant 3.32?  I don't know what software you were running before the v6 (2015) upgrade. Have you tried 3.32?

Sorry, I misspoke earlier. I AM running 3.32 and my phone will always connect to Bluetooth PHONE AUDIO but I have to manually connect to MEDIA AUDIO every time. For example, I have to go to BT source, hit 'connec't, then it gives me the 'follow the instructions on your phone' message. I then have to go to my phone settings and click 'media audio.'

Sorry, I misspoke earlier. I AM running 3.32 and my phone will always connect to Bluetooth PHONE AUDIO but I have to manually connect to MEDIA AUDIO every time. For example, I have to go to BT source, hit 'connec't, then it gives me the 'follow the instructions on your phone' message. I then have to go to my phone settings and click 'media audio.'

Go to Settings/AV Settings and make sure "App Connection" is set to Bluetooth. BTW, I was having a similar problem yesterday - and my HU was doing weird things - like playing my wired ipod's music when I selected Pandora - instead of connection to the phone.  Somehow my HU setting for App Connection got set to Wired. After setting it back to Bluetooth, I also re-pair my Android phone to the HU. Now it is working as expected.