AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok....so I'm not sure how to give thanks on this forum, but to all the heavy lifters on here, thanks SO MUCH.... I have no idea how you guys go about figuring how to edit the hex table to make changes, but THANKS SO MUCH!

This is actually the second time I've benefited from your expertise (the first being an update a few years back on the same x9310bt unit to the 4.001 firmware).

However, I have a question that I can't seem to track down at all.  In the last update (which was in 2013), there was a mod to enable a SAFE MODE toggle.  I'm pretty sure that the offsets that the original values were located that are now different, so I'm wondering if anyone can point be in the right direction?

If it helps, the original offsets from that update  were 15aef0 from 02 00 56 E3 to 09 00 56 E3 and 15aee0 from 01 10 A0E3 to 00 10 A0 E3.

I did a search for those values in the hex table, but they show up multiple times, so I'm loath to start editing them randomly without knowledge of what i'm doing.......

G'Day - 

I've been reading, reading, reading and absorbing as much as I can on my own before pestering anyone here with more questions. HUGE THANKS to all who have taken their time and contributed so generously to the education of the timid and uninitiated - like me! 

I have an AVIC Z140BH.

With all of the instruction and available media I have been successful in installing the 2015 updates. I would now very much like to remove the OK nag screen and think I have found the easy-reader version but would be very appreciative if someone could ya or nay my perception:

It appears that MPTonyT's post # 128 the available download is the already amended Navi.exe file, [presumably this is the finished product that Ron S. was describing how to achieve in post #2], along with the test.key to actually enter the system and replace the original. Ron S. The navigation video link has me emboldened enough to give it a go - of course backing up everything first! - if someone knowledgeable could give me a nod of approval. 

thanks in advance!

G'Day - 

I've been reading, reading, reading and absorbing as much as I can on my own before pestering anyone here with more questions. HUGE THANKS to all who have taken their time and contributed so generously to the education of the timid and uninitiated - like me! 

I have an AVIC Z140BH.

With all of the instruction and available media I have been successful in installing the 2015 updates. I would now very much like to remove the OK nag screen and think I have found the easy-reader version but would be very appreciative if someone could ya or nay my perception:

It appears that MPTonyT's post # 128 the available download is the already amended Navi.exe file, [presumably this is the finished product that Ron S. was describing how to achieve in post #2], along with the test.key to actually enter the system and replace the original. Ron S. The navigation video link has me emboldened enough to give it a go - of course backing up everything first! - if someone knowledgeable could give me a nod of approval. 

thanks in advance!

Go for it. Just be careful, Testmode is tricky and powerful. If you still have the 2015 zip file (or the SD you used for the update), you don't need to backup the existing Navi.exe file. Be aware that you can't overwrite an existing file - it will silently ignore the command. Use my post #4 as a guide for Testmode operation

So I recommend:

1. from your computer format an SD FAT32 and copy to it the Testmode.key and new Navi.exe
  2. take the SD to your headunit, turn it on,  and insert it. If Testmode doesn't start after a about 5 seconds, cycle the power (ignition key)
  3. navigate to /USER directory
  4. figure out which PRG directory is the "active" one. If /USER/PRG.FLG doesn't exist, use PRG0, otherwise PRG1.
  5. open the "active" PRGn directory
  6. open the APL directory
  7. select and delete the current Navi.exe (optionally, you could copy/paste it one directory up as a backup - then delete)
  8. navigate to the SD, select Navi.exe and Copy
  9. go back to your /USER/PRGn/APL and Paste. Verify its there.
  10. eject SD and cycle the ignition key

That should do it.

Thanks for the reply - MUCH APPRECIATED!

All righty then just a few nomenclature questions and I'll give it a go......[inserted in blue below]

Go for it. Just be careful, Testmode is tricky and powerful. If you still have the 2015 zip file (or the SD you used for the update), you don't need to backup the existing Navi.exe file. Be aware that you can't overwrite an existing file - it will silently ignore the command. Use my post #4 as a guide for Testmode operation

So I recommend:

1. from your computer format an SD FAT32 and copy to it the Testmode.key and new Navi.exe..........got that
  2. take the SD to your headunit, turn it on,  and insert it. If Testmode doesn't start after a about 5 seconds, cycle the power (ignition key)........ not sure what you mean by cycle?
  3. navigate to /USER directory...........like the video
  4. figure out which PRG directory is the "active" one. If /USER/PRG.FLG doesn't exist, use PRG0, otherwise PRG1............what is .FLG - PRG.FLG?
  5. open the "active" PRGn directory...........PRGn is?
  6. open the APL directory..........APL is?
  7. select and delete the current Navi.exe (optionally, you could copy/paste it one directory up as a backup - then delete)........the rest of it, very much like the video instructions, basically replacing the Navi.exe by cutting and pasting
  8. navigate to the SD, select Navi.exe and Copy
  9. go back to your /USER/PRGn/APL and Paste. Verify its there.
  10. eject SD and cycle the ignition key

Thanks again. Very much appreciate the guidance and help!

Thanks for the reply - MUCH APPRECIATED!

All righty then just a few nomenclature questions and I'll give it a go......[inserted in blue below]

Go for it. Just be careful, Testmode is tricky and powerful. If you still have the 2015 zip file (or the SD you used for the update), you don't need to backup the existing Navi.exe file. Be aware that you can't overwrite an existing file - it will silently ignore the command. Use my post #4 as a guide for Testmode operation

So I recommend:

• from your computer format an SD FAT32 and copy to it the Testmode.key and new Navi.exe..........got that
  • take the SD to your headunit, turn it on,  and insert it. If Testmode doesn't start after a about 5 seconds, cycle the power (ignition key)........ not sure what you mean by cycle? turn ignition off and on
  • navigate to /USER directory...........like the video
  • figure out which PRG directory is the "active" one. If /USER/PRG.FLG doesn't exist, use PRG0, otherwise PRG1............what is .FLG - PRG.FLG? It is an empty file that tells which of the two PRG directories is being used (PRG0 or PRG1).
  • open the "active" PRGn directory...........PRGn is? Either /USER/PRG0 or /USER/PRG1
  • open the APL directory..........APL is? A directory in either USER/PRG0 or /USER/PRG1
  • select and delete the current Navi.exe (optionally, you could copy/paste it one directory up as a backup - then delete)........the rest of it, very much like the video instructions, basically replacing the Navi.exe by cutting and pasting
  • navigate to the SD, select Navi.exe and Copy
  • go back to your /USER/PRGn/APL and Paste. Verify its there.
  • eject SD and cycle the ignition key
 Thanks again. Very much appreciate the guidance and help!

Hi RonS,

Does this work on the X920BT?  Sorry, if this was answered before. I browsed though several threads and read conflicting information.

If it does work, I have already downloaded the "2015 USA CANADA MAP UPDATE.zip" from here: z130bt, z140bh, x930bt, x940bt - newer units  and will follow veron_fat's steps.

Hi,

Just wanted to follow up everything works. The download link and instructions were great and does indeed work on the X920BT. Many thanks to all the contributors and RonS for your help!