AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

I just did this update on my Z120bt and wanted to thank everyone who put in the hard work to make it possible! I was wondering if I can now use the Appradio mode with my iPhone 5s if I use the Pioneer CD-IV202navi cable? Sorry if this question has been answered already. I just wanted to be sure before I bought the cable. Thanks!   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never received a response to my original question. Would somebody require money just for a simple response? If so, let me know how much, and instructions on where to send payment in advance. The following was my original question: 

I have read this entire thread very carefully. I would like to thank all the great people that participated and offered their invaluable feedback. 

I have the AVIC-Z120BT with the 2013 TeleAtlas Maps and the 5.0 firmware. I am exorbitantly happy with it. I strictly use the GPS and my iPod Classic 500GB with it, and 'nothing' else whatsoever. I have just one simple question, and would be immensely grateful to whoever would respond. I sampled the new AVIC-8200NEX at an authorized dealer who had it on full display. Since I knew in advance that the new systems and updates converted from TeleAtlas Maps to HERE Maps, I was curious to experience the actual difference. First of all, the primary reason I love the 2013 TeleAtlas Maps so much, is because, the graphics of the maps are so richly detailed and beautiful. And when I drive around in downtown, it gets ten times better. The numerous amounts of 3D buildings are HUGE and insanely detailed in such a gorgeous manner. When I sampled the HERE Maps in the new 8200NEX, I was devastated to see that the exotic richness in graphics were completely stripped bare, and 100% of all the detailed beautiful 3D buildings in downtown were completely eliminated!!! I was thinking...."What kind of FOOL would actually eliminate all this beautiful eye-candy!!!" It was a complete deal-breaker for me. But the only positive thing I witnessed about it {which was actually a MASSIVE improvement beyond belief} was, you can actually manually enter cross-streets of your choice as a form of direct destination!!! I was absolutely amazed by this, because, this feature is completely non-existent in the TeleAtlas Maps. So, there is both a huge positive and negative simultaneously. 

My question is: Does this 2015 Map Update allow the AVIC-Z120BT to look and operate 'exactly' as I witnessed it on the new AVIC-8200NEX? And are there any other notable improvements that would make it similar to the AVIC-8200NEX?

I never received a response to my original question. Would somebody require money just for a simple response? If so, let me know how much, and instructions on where to send payment in advance. The following was my original question: 

My question is: Does this 2015 Map Update allow the AVIC-Z120BT to look and operate 'exactly' as I witnessed it on the new AVIC-8200NEX? And are there any other notable improvements that would make it similar to the AVIC-8200NEX?

Insulting people is no way to get help. Speaking for myself, I only respond to questions when I can add knowledge.  I know nothing about the NEX unit.  Maybe 3D was not turned-on in the settings. 

Insulting people is no way to get help. Speaking for myself, I only respond to questions when I can add knowledge.  I know nothing about the NEX unit.  Maybe 3D was not turned-on in the settings. 

Would you mind explaining details regarding how I was insulting? According to my original message, I was actually outrageously kind and thankful. Also, 3D actually 'was' turned on in the settings.

Does anyone have a picture of the maps and how they look? Are they all nice and 3d like the old teleatlas maps? or more plain like the new nex series?

wanting the 3d fancy ones like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1BKs9PM9JwBLVdPazFILS1oME0/view

and can you enter cross streets to search? or do you have to enter the full address

That is highly interesting how you are asking the same exact questions as me, and also, how you acquired the exact photograph I took.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This seems more complicated than it is because there are two different AVIC series that use this upgrade: Z-series (Z110/120/130/140) and X-series (x920/930/940). Each series has its own forum. Most of us have been reading both forums ( plus the F-series one) since the knowledge needed is spread out and it is a common solution. To complicate it even more, there are two different sets of files for the US/CAN 2015 upgrade. One set only works with the older units (Z110, Z120, x920) and the other works with newer units (z130, z140, x930, x940).

With previous upgrades (normally released annually) we only needed one set of files (UPDATE, FIRMWARE directories) and only needed to place on the SD the CardInfo.CIF file for the older or newer units. For some reason that didn't work this year. Many of the UPDATE files differ between the older and newer units. I still don't understand why.

Keep in mind that you are reading a thread in the Hacks sub-forum which is a work-in-progress - not a how-to procedure. It presumes a certain level of expertise. However it seems that the messy details have finally been sorted-out. We now have a very simple process which only requires a little knowledge on using your computer - basically how to download, extract the compressed files, and copy them onto your installation SD.

Unfortunately links to files sometimes get stale. They all do eventually. For the time being, get your files here:

• z110bt, z120bt, x920Bt - older units  update: stale link. Get "newer units" file below then see post #140
  • z130bt, z140bh, x930bt, x940bt - newer units

Then extract the files, copy UPDATE, FIRMWARE, and CardInfo.CIF to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD, and insert it into your unit.

Hi, So i did all that RonS mentioned and I did manage to update the firmware of my bluetooth and I thought I update the firmware of my device but after double checking it appears that I still run 3.0 version and yes I am running 3.32 bluetooth. What happened here? lol does the file updates the bluetooth firmware but not the device? 

I did all of this on my x930bt unit.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, So i did all that RonS mentioned and I did manage to update the firmware of my bluetooth and I thought I update the firmware of my device but after double checking it appears that I still run 3.0 version and yes I am running 3.32 bluetooth. What happened here? lol does the file updates the bluetooth firmware but not the device? 

I did all of this on my x930bt unit.

Thanks in advance!

No idea what went wrong. Not gonna waste any time thinking about it since this is old software. Try installing the 2017 version. Just run the ShortFuse script first.