AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing about Sirius but I feel that the 1st step when weirdness occurs after any update should be to "cold boot" by disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes.

Confirmed disconnecting the battery did the job every thing works like a champ. THANKS ALOT RonS !!!!!! You are the man an a big thanks to everyone on this forum that helps us NOOBS not be NOOBS. Again THANKS RonS !!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

i know i'm a bit late to this party but does anyone have a working link for the 2015 maps?  

**EDIT**

going through all of this I did find a working link for my Z140BH.  After reading through all this I "assume" that the most current procedure is just a matter of popping this onto a formatted SD card UNEDITED and booting off the SD card to install?

Thanks much guys

Oh and how can I contribute a little for the time/effort of those who made this happen?

Dave

Ran into a bit of a problem.  I updated to the 2015 maps and updated bluetooth w/o any problem.  Problem now is that I press app connection as it's greyed out and I can no longer see any phone apps (Pandora/AHHA, etc).  App connection says iPhone if that matters (I have an android based phone)..  I am going to try to install the 5.1 firmware that is designed for head units that have the Navteq update.   I had 4.0 prior to the map upgrade.   However version under service info screen states 6.0000 is that a firmware version?

**EDIT**  

Was able to get in and change it using the 5.1 FW but after i change it despite the phone being connected or not it then is greyed out again and unable to be changed.  Worse yet, when I open pandora it controls my phone but plays it on my phone speaker, same thing happens even when using the bluetooth audio.  So in essence, even though BT is connected audio goes through phone speaker.  In BT settings on phone it only allows BT for call audio and when I move the switch to on for media audio it instantly turns it off. Power cycling, factory reset, reinstall of 2015 maps and BT FW update as well as removing and re-pairing HU from my phone HU did not help.   Anyone have any advice?  I may try the 2013 maps and BT FW to see if it helps.

**UPDATE**

I had it working (Temporarily).  I suspect there is something awry with the 2015 bluetooth FW for the 140.  I went back to 2013 maps and it still didn't work.  I then went ahead and updated the BT FW from 3.32 to 3.32.  So the same firmware but the only difference was the source.  2013 Maps 3.32 works fine, 2015 Maps 3.32 does not work. I then tried to install 2015 maps over the existing 2013 version and utilize the 2013 version 3.32 BT FW but now i'm back where I was an even rolling back to 2013 maps and installing 3.32 BT FW over the top of the 2015 BT FW doesn't fix it :(

**UPDATE 2**

Just installing 2015 maps w/o BT FW still screwed up BT audio playback.  Tried to install 2013 version  of FW 3.32 and then an then the 2015 version and neither would work.  Reverted to 2013 maps and 2013 v. 3.32 BT FW and all is well.  Very odd but I'm not going to fret over it at this point, I've spent too much time messing with this tonight but I did learn a lot about this system so thanks for that.

Tried 

Dave  

Sorry to bother you Ron but can you tell me where i can find the 2012 Firmware?  I also have issues w/ bluetooth audio after upgrading to 2015 maps.  I have a Z140BH if that matters.  I would have PM'd you but they appear to be disabled.

thanks

Dave

I have an iPod wired and have no problems. Are you trying to use BT? That will prevent some things from working since Apple doesn't support the Audio/Video Remote Control Protocol (AVRCP). For example Aha and Pandora must use the cable for iPhone/iPod.

There have been several people (myself included) who have had BT audio problems with Android v5 & 6 and AVIC BT 3.32. Falling back to the 2012 FIRMWARE seemed to fix some of those issues.

I found my problems go away if I am on some other (non-BT) audio source when the AVIC boots and starts playing. Then, after I see the BT connection message, I switch to the BT source (such as Pandora). But that is with my Android phone. Don't know if iStuff has the same issue.

Sorry to bother you Ron but can you tell me where i can find the 2012 Firmware?  I also have issues w/ bluetooth audio after upgrading to 2015 maps.  I have a Z140BH if that matters.  I would have PM'd you but they appear to be disabled.

thanks

Dave

No, I don't know where to get it unless some old link still works. However I don't think the 2012 f/w works on a Z140. Didn't the Z140 come out in 2013?

No, I don't know where to get it unless some old link still works. However I don't think the 2012 f/w works on a Z140. Didn't the Z140 come out in 2013?

I really have no idea.  I'm just grasping at straws trying to get Bluetooth audio working again.

Dave

Final update.  Well I had some "anomalies" with my Z140BH which I chronicled above.  Ended up having to go back to 2012 BT FW 3.24 to get BT audio to work again but still using 2013 maps.  I have to manually click connect in pandora to get it to connect to my phone but I'll take it.  When I went to replace the navi.exe file I had no .flg files in either PRG0 or PRG1.  I checked modified dates of navi.exe and replaced that exe with the most recently modified one but it didn't work.  After a bit more research I found that if you do not have that .FLG file then your HU apparently uses the PRG0 directory which actually was the case for me.  So if you have a Z140 and no .FLG file in the PRG0/PRG1 file its safe to say you replace the file in PRG0.  

Dave

Final update.  Well I had some "anomalies" with my Z140BH which I chronicled above.  Ended up having to go back to 2012 BT FW 3.24 to get BT audio to work again but still using 2013 maps.  I have to manually click connect in pandora to get it to connect to my phone but I'll take it.  When I went to replace the navi.exe file I had no .flg files in either PRG0 or PRG1.  I checked modified dates of navi.exe and replaced that exe with the most recently modified one but it didn't work.  After a bit more research I found that if you do not have that .FLG file then your HU apparently uses the PRG0 directory which actually was the case for me.  So if you have a Z140 and no .FLG file in the PRG0/PRG1 file its safe to say you replace the file in PRG0.  

Dave

PRG.FLG, if present, would  be in /USER. I assume you are talking about installation of the nag-screen hack (patched Navi.exe). To be clear - don't just copy in some patched file that you downloaded unless you know that it is the same version you are using. Best practice -   once you have determined the "active" PRG directory, patch a copy of that Navi.exe (and keep a copy of the original just in case).

• 3 weeks later...

This seems more complicated than it is because there are two different AVIC series that use this upgrade: Z-series (Z110/120/130/140) and X-series (x920/930/940). Each series has its own forum. Most of us have been reading both forums ( plus the F-series one) since the knowledge needed is spread out and it is a common solution. To complicate it even more, there are two different sets of files for the US/CAN 2015 upgrade. One set only works with the older units (Z110, Z120, x920) and the other works with newer units (z130, z140, x930, x940).

With previous upgrades (normally released annually) we only needed one set of files (UPDATE, FIRMWARE directories) and only needed to place on the SD the CardInfo.CIF file for the older or newer units. For some reason that didn't work this year. Many of the UPDATE files differ between the older and newer units. I still don't understand why.

Keep in mind that you are reading a thread in the Hacks sub-forum forum which is a work-in-progress - not a how-to procedure. It presumes a certain level of expertise. However it seems that the messy details have finally been sorted-out. We now have a very simple process which only requires a little knowledge on using your computer - basically how to download, extract the compressed files, and copy them onto your installation SD.

Unfortunately links to files sometimes get stale. They all do eventually. For the time being, get your files here:

Then extract the files, copy UPDATE, FIRMWARE, and CardInfo.CIF to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD, and insert it into your unit.

Just as an FYI, I installed this on my x940bt and all seems to work well.  However, you can no longer get into the App version screen by holding in the upper left.  Not sure why that would be.

I'm curious of the process by which getting the latest maps onto these newer systems. My background is hacking the old 80/90 and D3/N3 Nav systems, in particular doing the 40R (remote control, not touch screen) patches up to CNDV-90MT.  I know the new ones require you to use use a code to download the latest maps, and that somehow the devices are encrypted/locked but since its just Windows CE figured there was an easy way to just overlay newer data on the OS image in one of the proper partitions...eventually.   Granted, I still wish I could make my own KWI files for the D3 head for newer maps.

Ok so a BIG,BIG,BIG thanks to everyone that put all the hard work an time into this for us.

I have updated my frimware from 2.003 to 6.000 an to the 2015 USA CANADA MAP on my Avic Z120BT. I can not confirm about the other units but for the Z120 it was a piece of cake to do. I am by no means savvy at stuff like this so if I can do it anyone can. It is very straight forward and easy to do. If you read over this whole thread you will get all the answers you need.  An again a big thanks to everyone. I am very GRATEFUL TO YOU ALL!!!!! 

So this is what I did for my Avic  Z120BT.

1. Downloaded this, click the blue link here for newer units    z130bt, z140bh, x930bt, x940bt - newer units    

2. Once you have finished the download extract the files if need so. I didn't have to as Im on a Mac. You may have to extract the files if you are on a PC not sure about that.

3.Then open up the 2015 USA CANADA MAP UPDATE folder you downloaded. Find the CardInfo.CIF file then open the file with a text editor. Delete all the text and replace it with this info below. Copy from the # to the G in the text below. 

#PioneerQPRX2MP00IUYJSO2NFRJA6QYICEG003IC1TD9OA3KWJTKXX9C3SCQX30UNCVY6O2C7W7QW14BK0OJDGF1K5X07UNCP79T4YGYNGVDX27UNCTNEPNWPBS1H4INT15XKYQ6XBLHEWPEWXN7342Q1WW8HWKXNLRWELALK6KIJU0PO17P3BF1UJXB8RHUYU9IL91RRBYIK15QVAEHTFQECMSSHF21XXJRTYY6U4XOMA7SPEUP21BCGQHT9EYQ4RV3WSUEC1JNSPIIMD61GDEYIKWC9EUCJKX8JICMVCG

4.  Then Copy  the UPDATE, FIRMWARE folders and the edited CardInfo.CIF  to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD card larger then 4GB.

5. Then insert it into your unit an then hit ok to update. This will take about 25 minutes to do an you must leave the vehicle running to update.

6. After your uint boots back up an you finish the units setup go into the bluetooth setting an then hit update firmware. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes to finish.

DONT FORGET TO THANK THE OTHER USERS FOR THIER TIME IN MAKING THIS HAPPEN.

I was digging around on the site again because I was wanting to see what you guys were all up to and if there were any updates on the software for these units. I have been on the fence about upgrading my unit to a newer unit because I have loved this unit since I got it, except for the fact that Pioneer never does updates and makes us pay for map packs BS IMO, but you guys always surprise me with your skills keep at it and thank you for doing what you all do in your free time to support the users and members of this site! 

• 3 weeks later...

This seems more complicated than it is because there are two different AVIC series that use this upgrade: Z-series (Z110/120/130/140) and X-series (x920/930/940). Each series has its own forum. Most of us have been reading both forums ( plus the F-series one) since the knowledge needed is spread out and it is a common solution. To complicate it even more, there are two different sets of files for the US/CAN 2015 upgrade. One set only works with the older units (Z110, Z120, x920) and the other works with newer units (z130, z140, x930, x940).

With previous upgrades (normally released annually) we only needed one set of files (UPDATE, FIRMWARE directories) and only needed to place on the SD the CardInfo.CIF file for the older or newer units. For some reason that didn't work this year. Many of the UPDATE files differ between the older and newer units. I still don't understand why.

Keep in mind that you are reading a thread in the Hacks sub-forum forum which is a work-in-progress - not a how-to procedure. It presumes a certain level of expertise. However it seems that the messy details have finally been sorted-out. We now have a very simple process which only requires a little knowledge on using your computer - basically how to download, extract the compressed files, and copy them onto your installation SD.

Unfortunately links to files sometimes get stale. They all do eventually. For the time being, get your files here:

Then extract the files, copy UPDATE, FIRMWARE, and CardInfo.CIF to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD, and insert it into your unit.

This works perfectly. Thank you to everyone involved!

From post #140

I guess you people didn't read the rest of this thread. Use the Z140 link (which works - I just tested). Unzip on your hard drive, then open up the CardInfo.CIF file with a text editor. Delete all the text and replace with:

#PioneerQPRX2MP00IUYJSO2NFRJA6QYICEG003IC1TD9OA3KWJTKXX9C3SCQX30UNCVY6O2C7W7QW14BK0OJDGF1K5X07UNCP79T4YGYNGVDX27UNCTNEPNWPBS1H4INT15XKYQ6XBLHEWPEWXN7342Q1WW8HWKXNLRWELALK6KIJU0PO17P3BF1UJXB8RHUYU9IL91RRBYIK15QVAEHTFQECMSSHF21XXJRTYY6U4XOMA7SPEUP21BCGQHT9EYQ4RV3WSUEC1JNSPIIMD61GDEYIKWC9EUCJKX8JICMVCG

(no returns or line-feeds) and save it. It should be exactly 300 bytes long. Copy it all to an SD. Should install just fine.