AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

be careful if you want to use this update with cd-IV202NAVI for lightning cable connectivity

don't update your unit with this map before you read chapter. 6 of this link

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Navteq-Site/Navteq/en_GB/documents/Pioneer/Pioneer%2011-12%20High%202015%20Manual%20T1000-23348.pdf

if your firmware is 4.0 then update it to 4.6

if your firmware is 5.0 then update it to 5.1

or you will never be able to get the menu "ipod settings" in your avic for fully functional iphone 5 or higher connection

i updated my unit to firmware 6.0 without thinking enough

Sadly I can not find any possible solution to use my iphone 5s in my car

now i ended up spending extra $70 for nothing 

don't make the same mistake i made

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try using the PRG.FLG file to toggle back to the previous version stored in the alternate /USER/PRG directory tree? If it works you should be able to install the appropriate iPod support patch. Then re-install v 6.0

be careful if you want to use this update with cd-IV202NAVI for lightning cable connectivity

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Navteq-Site/Navteq/en_GB/documents/Pioneer/Pioneer%2011-12%20High%202015%20Manual%20T1000-23348.pdf

or you will never be able to get the menu "ipod settings" in your avic for fully functional iphone 5 or higher connection

Did you try using the PRG.FLG file to toggle back to the previous version stored in the alternate /USER/PRG directory tree? If it works you should be able to install the appropriate iPod support patch. Then re-install v 6.0

Thank you for the head up

and I have sincere appreciation for your devotion to this forum

the method you talking is this?

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81913-help-virgin-40-z140bh-upgraded-to-2015-maps-wo-iphone-fw-first/?p=337737

Thank you for the head up

and I have sincere appreciation for your devotion to this forum

the method you talking is this?

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81913-help-virgin-40-z140bh-upgraded-to-2015-maps-wo-iphone-fw-first/?p=337737

Yes. You should be able to revert to the previous version (the active PRG directory) by creating or deleting /USER/PRG.FLG. Also, it usually is a good idea to make a backup of /USER on to SD before making any changes. However you can always create a new PRG.FLG since it is just an empty file.

Yes. You should be able to revert to the previous version (the active PRG directory) by creating or deleting /USER/PRG.FLG. Also, it usually is a good idea to make a backup of /USER on to SD before making any changes. However you can always create a new PRG.FLG since it is just an empty file.

I haven't tried it yet

I will try it later in the day 

and get back to the forum 

I tried as RonS proposed but nothing worked so far

I updated my unit to 6.0

then I figured there is no way I could install the "ipod settings" on the firmware

when i tried it i was stuck in the "program foreced write" step.

my ucom version was 8.12 and ucom version i got from the 5.1 firmware just showing me --.------ rather than 8.05

I tried formating my two different sd cards mutiple times but still.

so i re install firmware 5.0 again.

then I tried 5,1 firmware and it was looking good

showing me copying some files as you updating firmware.

until the "program forced write" step 

still it was same as i stated above.

after that when I lookeed in to my service information

it says firmware version is 5.0

application version is 5.1

but no "ipod settings"

then I tried to roll back my firmware with RonS' idea

it did roll back my firmware to  firmware version is 5.0

application version is 5.0

and I tried to install 5.1 into my unit

then this again  'stuck in the "program foreced write" step.

my ucom version was 8.12 and ucom version i got from the 5.1 firmware showing me --.------ rather than 8.05'

now I am trying to reinstall firmware 4.0 with fingercrossed

*update*

I am using my jailbroken iphone 4 with my avic flawlessly

I want to mirror my phone to the navigation

and it works perfectly

only one problem I've got here is iphone 4 is too laggy

so I decided to use my iphone 5s and bought cd-iv202navi.

unfortunately, I haven't found any way to work with it.

However, today, I exprienced some strange behavior of my avic

even though all the hassels i went through here http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81643-2015-avic-z120-map-update/?p=342370

except the initial try of getting it working, I haven't connected iv202navi to the gps.

I just checked if "ipod settings" would show up in the av setting menu.

I am using my avic with firmware 5.0 now

i connected iv202navi today and checked if it would work with a iphone5s

when I connected my iphone5s to the gps 

"ipod" in the av source menu did not show up (which would show up on the left side of screen when you connect ipod to the avic)

then I update firmware to 5.1

still everything looking promising until the "program foreced write" step

after this incompleted update, still no ipod setting option in the av setting menu

BUT, in the av source menu (which is left side of screen), there was ipod menu.

I didn't even connect my phone to my avic

so I connected my jailbroken iphone5s to the unit

and my iphone5s screen mirrored into the avic, also was getting charged.

then I tried my iphone7+, it mirrored into the unit, also getting charged.

but no sound.

I decided to reset the unit by disconnecting the battery. (I solved some iphone connectivity problem before with this  method)

after the reset, ipod menu on the av source was gone.

I rolled back firmware to ver. 5.0 and updated to ver 5.1 a couple of times

but haven't come back.

I felt like i almost got it...

and I wonder if there is any possible way to keep the ipod menu in the av source even though iphone(ipod) is not connected to the unit?

Are you answering to my previous thread where i question rons for the navi patch?

A bit lost here :smile:

Rons, when i did the update in my f940bt i did not change the cif file with your text in it. Should i have done it and update the 2015 map? This nag screzn is driving me crazy!

Thx for your help.

I Rons,

i tried to find the offset on my Navi.exe file (F940BT) freshly updated with 2015 files, but this offset doesn' exist.

Any idea on pointing me how to remove the nag message?

in fact will write a bigger post as i got several issues on this unit as

1) i cannot enter the seting (greied) = brake green cable is grounded and the mute wire relocation doesn't work

2) I do not know where to copy my speedcam file in this damned unit !

Anyway on thing at a time.

Thanks a lot for your help.

If your file doesn't look like this it is a different file. I don't know if the F series uses the same program since there's no speedcam on the US.

post-43400-0-31057900-1480118688_thumb.jpg

thx for the answer Rons. you and Corvus wrote so much in these forums i didn't notice it was in front of my eyes !! :smile:

I managed to patch my navi.exe for the nag screen of the F940BT and it works perfectly. :smile:

Next 2 issues are where to insert my speedcams in the unit and also how to patch av.exe or navi.exe to get in safemode as my mute wire move to ground it with brake doesn't work and i still have Settings and other greied !!

For speedcams it seems that it is possible but noone can tell the exact folders where to put the speedcam.txt or .spud file (APL2??..)

I would like to express my sincere gratitude & heartfelt thanks to those who made this possible!!!  Particularly to kellinaradway for so generously sharing a copy of the update (although those files are no longer available nor used).  Massive thanks to RonS for tirelessly & graciously not only seeking out and posting links to solutions for virtually EVERY issue raised in this thread (AMAZING!!!) but also for continuing to repost answers/solutions (and/or links to them) for those who could not be bothered to read through the entire forum (which is certainly time consuming).  RonS is also the one who posted the still working links to the files which make this possible!  Also big thanks to MPTonyT for posting patched files...

Ok so a BIG,BIG,BIG thanks to everyone that put all the hard work an time into this for us.

I have updated my frimware from 2.003 to 6.000 an to the 2015 USA CANADA MAP on my Avic Z120BT. I can not confirm about the other units but for the Z120 it was a piece of cake to do. I am by no means savvy at stuff like this so if I can do it anyone can. It is very straight forward and easy to do. If you read over this whole thread you will get all the answers you need.  An again a big thanks to everyone. I am very GRATEFUL TO YOU ALL!!!!! 

So this is what I did for my Avic  Z120BT.

1. Downloaded this, click the blue link here for newer units    z130bt, z140bh, x930bt, x940bt - newer units    

2. Once you have finished the download extract the files if need so. I didn't have to as Im on a Mac. You may have to extract the files if you are on a PC not sure about that.

3.Then open up the 2015 USA CANADA MAP UPDATE folder you downloaded. Find the CardInfo.CIF file then open the file with a text editor. Delete all the text and replace it with this info below. Copy from the # to the G in the text below. 

#PioneerQPRX2MP00IUYJSO2NFRJA6QYICEG003IC1TD9OA3KWJTKXX9C3SCQX30UNCVY6O2C7W7QW14BK0OJDGF1K5X07UNCP79T4YGYNGVDX27UNCTNEPNWPBS1H4INT15XKYQ6XBLHEWPEWXN7342Q1WW8HWKXNLRWELALK6KIJU0PO17P3BF1UJXB8RHUYU9IL91RRBYIK15QVAEHTFQECMSSHF21XXJRTYY6U4XOMA7SPEUP21BCGQHT9EYQ4RV3WSUEC1JNSPIIMD61GDEYIKWC9EUCJKX8JICMVCG

4.  Then Copy  the UPDATE, FIRMWARE folders and the edited CardInfo.CIF  to the root of a freshly formatted FAT32 SD card larger then 4GB.

5. Then insert it into your unit an then hit ok to update. This will take about 25 minutes to do an you must leave the vehicle running to update.

6. After your uint boots back up an you finish the units setup go into the bluetooth setting an then hit update firmware. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes to finish.

DONT FORGET TO THANK THE OTHER USERS FOR THIER TIME IN MAKING THIS HAPPEN.

I have read this entire thread very carefully. I would like to thank all the great people that participated and offered their invaluable feedback. 

I have the AVIC-Z120BT with the 2013 TeleAtlas Maps and the 5.0 firmware. I am exorbitantly happy with it. I strictly use the GPS and my iPod Classic 500GB with it, and 'nothing' else whatsoever. I have just one simple question, and would be immensely grateful to whoever would respond. I sampled the new AVIC-8200NEX at an authorized dealer who had it on full display. Since I knew in advance that the new systems and updates converted from TeleAtlas Maps to HERE Maps, I was curious to experience the actual difference. First of all, the primary reason I love the 2013 TeleAtlas Maps so much, is because, the graphics of the maps are so richly detailed and beautiful. And when I drive around in downtown, it gets ten times better. The numerous amounts of 3D buildings are HUGE and insanely detailed in such a gorgeous manner. When I sampled the HERE Maps in the new 8200NEX, I was devastated to see that the exotic richness in graphics were completely stripped bare, and 100% of all the detailed beautiful 3D buildings in downtown were completely eliminated!!! I was thinking...."What kind of FOOL would actually eliminate all this beautiful eye-candy!!!" It was a complete deal-breaker for me. But the only positive thing I witnessed about it {which was actually a MASSIVE improvement beyond belief} was, you can actually manually enter cross-streets of your choice as a form of direct destination!!! I was absolutely amazed by this, because, this feature is completely non-existent in the TeleAtlas Maps. So, there is both a huge positive and negative simultaneously. 

My question is: Does this 2015 Map Update allow the AVIC-Z120BT to look and operate 'exactly' as I witnessed it on the new AVIC-8200NEX? And are there any other notable improvements that would make it similar to the AVIC-8200NEX?

I just updated to the newest firmware 6.0 and 2015 maps on my Z140BH.  Everything seems fine so far.  All the customization I've made (LED color, wallpaper, saved POIs, etc...) were retained through the update process as well.  So thanks to everyone who helped get this update out!

Quick question though, are there any release notes for Firmware 6.0?  I'm curious to know what exactly changed.  I don't even see firmware 6.0 on pioneer's website.

• 4 weeks later...

It might actually be an incompatible SD so you could get another 4 to 8 GB one very cheap and try that. Larger capacity or new fast ones seem to be problematic. It also could be a problem with the files. Are you using a Mac? The file extraction program might not be working right.

If you just want to abort the update altogether, you'll need to get into  TestMode and delete \USER\SYSTEM\Download\StartKnd.log.

Then remove your TestMode SD (or USB stick), and it should restart into regular mode on next power up.

I tried this and it still says version 6.0