AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am presumming we have to have the 2013 cardinfo.cif to get the radio into the update mode.

So what I am seeing is the Z130bt (the unit I have) has a 2015 map part number of T1000-23348 from here : http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Navteq-Site/Navteq/en_GB/documents/Pioneer/Pioneer%2011-12%20High%202015%20Manual%20T1000-23348.pdf

When I go into Alldata.htm within the update folder I see part number T1000-23346

Is there any kind of checking prior to the update?

I am thinking the radio goes into update mode, the update is verified and that's where the hang up is. Is there any type of log to view the update failure?

I don't know why either so I downgraded back to the 2013 update and everything was working as it should.

I redownloaded the 2015 map update package and reapplied it and I had the same issues.

I ran a binary file comparison of all BT FIRMWARE files between the 2013 map upgrade, 2013 (5.1) update, and 2015 map upgrade. They are all identical. SO whatever problem you are having has nothing to do with the 2015 FIRMWARE (BT).

Anyone else having issues not being able to control your ipod with the head unit and bluetooth audio not working after applying this update?

I have an iPod wired and have no problems. Are you trying to use BT? That will prevent some things from working since Apple doesn't support the Audio/Video Remote Control Protocol (AVRCP). For example Aha and Pandora must use the cable for iPhone/iPod.

There have been several people (myself included) who have had BT audio problems with Android v5 & 6 and AVIC BT 3.32. Falling back to the 2012 FIRMWARE seemed to fix some of those issues.

I found my problems go away if I am on some other (non-BT) audio source when the AVIC boots and starts playing. Then, after I see the BT connection message, I switch to the BT source (such as Pandora). But that is with my Android phone. Don't know if iStuff has the same issue.

For Z130, Z140, and Z150 head units:  You need the 2015 CARDINFO.CIF and the 2015 VERINFO.DAT file. Maybe someone from you EU forum would be willing to upload the files.

The F Series (Europe) guys posted their CardInfo mods to make it work with older models. I guess whoever contributed their 2015 update had bought the version for the newer models such as AVIC-F30BT, F930BT, F9310BT, F40BT, F940BT, F840BT, F8430BT). So their CardInfo mod was to support older ones like For those with Avic F10BT, F20BT or F920Bt.

I wish I understood more about the format of Cardinfo. Long ago pionara was doing some reverse-engineering and documented the internal hardware model labels that are used within CardInfo . Here is an abbreviated list of what he found:

• X07UNC (Z110BT)
  • X05EUR (F310BT)
  • X05UNC (U310BT)
  • X27EUR (F920BT)
  • X27UNC (X920BT)
  • X30EUR (F20BT)
  • X30UNC (Z120BT)
  • X71EUR (F30BT)
  • X71UNC (Z130BT)
  • X72EUR (F930BT)
  • X72UNC (X930BT)
  • X14EU0 (F40BT)
  • X14UC0 (Z140BH)
  • X15EU0 (F940BT)
  • X15UC0 (X940BT)

I  should point-out that CardInfo.cif is just a text file. The format is very cryptic and I could not find much on how to decode it. Maybe its buried in some thread I didn't find. However those 6-character labels above are present. The F series guy's mod was to use a text editor to replace the newer unit's labels with the older unit's labels. That is:  original link:

For those with Avic F10BT,  F20BT or F920Bt

Open the original CARDINFO.CIF in text editor, search and replace this:

KJJARRH8R51UX72EUR   (label X72EUR)

With

X07EURX27EURX30EUR  (labels X07EUR, X27EUR, X30EUR)

Note that this is just a small segment of the entire text file, which always seems to be 300 characters long.

HOWEVER I examined the European Cardinfo file and it seems to be a different format. The US/CN version has the above labels spaced out around the file with a bunch a mysterious characters between.  See attachment for hex dump of US/CAN Cardinfo.

post-43400-0-15644400-1445782051_thumb.jpg

So, for any enterprising, adventurous, and somewhat skilled Z1130/140 owner out there (or the X series equivalents), you might try taking a stab at moding the Z120/X920 US file. Just make sure you have a backup of /USER. Sorry, I can't try since my HU is a Z110 and it is already updated.

Notes: I'm not sure if a particular CardInfo is tied to a specific release (2015 US/CN vs EU, or 2013 vs 2015). As has been discovered - you can get past the "Update" prompt and still get the wrong SD detected. Maybe all those mysterious characters relate to a specific set of files?

All the Cardinfo files start with "#PIONEER" but from there on the format seems different. I wonder if the next character indicates a format? Or maybe a region? Maybe nothing in particular?

Maybe, all those mysterious letters and numbers is just to obfuscate the file - maybe they are meaningless noise. That would explain why the Euro mod worked - just adding the desired model labels and keeping the file length at 300.. Just an idea worth testing.

Like I've said before, pionara has much more experience in decoding these files. I was hoping he'd help out here.

I have an iPod wired and have no problems. Are you trying to use BT? That will prevent some things from working since Apple doesn't support the Audio/Video Remote Control Protocol (AVRCP). For example Aha and Pandora must use the cable for iPhone/iPod.

There have been several people (myself included) who have had BT audio problems with Android v5 & 6 and AVIC BT 3.32. Falling back to the 2012 FIRMWARE seemed to fix some of those issues.

I found my problems go away if I am on some other (non-BT) audio source when the AVIC boots and starts playing. Then, after I see the BT connection message, I switch to the BT source (such as Pandora). But that is with my Android phone. Don't know if iStuff has the same issue.

I have my ipod wired and I cannot control it through the head unit after applying the 2015 update. I'll try falling back to the 2012 bluetooth firmware and see if that fixes my bt audio issue, but this will not fix my issue of not being able to control the ipod through the head unit. I'll report back if the 2012 bt firmware fixes my issue.

Thanks for all the help.