AVIC411.com

2015 Avic Z120 map update

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RonS:

Will this update install 2015 maps/POI but does it also install the firmware? This firmware is for 120BT? I have 140BT with firmware 5.1 so I'm not sure if they're compatible or using the same firmware.

I know it installs the applications, maps and POIs. I don't know about OS.  I can't answer your Z140 question with 100% certainty because my HU was a Z110BT and there was no hardware difference between the Z110 and Z120.  The Z140 hardware supported the auto-eq mic, but beyond that I think the rest was the same. The last time - with the 2013 upgrade, we used the same image for all Z110-Z140 just using different CARDINFO files. So I have no reason to think this would be different. Maybe pionara can give a definitive answer.

Thanks for your response.

I'm wondering if I should use the 2013 map update with the latest firmware there and just unzip this new 2015 map folder to replace the 2013. This way only the new map will change??

I don't know if that will work. If you replace files that are supposed to be installed, I think the installation will fail. I think there is a manifest file with MD5s of all the required files (or maybe checksums). Just a guess.

I'd try using the 2013 Z140 Cardinfo file with this update. Maybe that's what you were asking and I didn't get it :) If if it doesn't work, nothing will be hurt. It just won't do anything.

Okay, well I formatted a SD 4gig card in Fat32, unzipped the map/firmware/cardinfo onto the sd's root directory.  So there's UPDATE, FIRMWARE folders, and CARDINFO file in root SD.  Placed the VERINFO file in UPDATE folder (from panora)...put it in and...umm..nothing...nada...the Navi booted up like normal and goes into operation mode as nothing has happened..

deleted the CARDINFO and put the 2013 map CARDINFO file in, and put in it...the result is the same...nothing..nada...  I'm going to delete the FIRMWARE folder and put the FIRMWARE from 2013 map and see if it even response....I'm at a loss now...

any idea?

replaced the FIRMWARE folder with FIRMWARE from 2013 map...nothing...  Help!!

may be I need to format it FAT instead of FAT32...hopefully this is my stupid mistake.  Will try again :)  LOL

I'm not clear on what you did. Did you copy the 2015 FIRMWARE folder to a 2015 SD? Or visa versa?   The FIRMWARE folder is just the Bluetooth drivers (by Parrot). It has nothing to do with the maps or apps. Usually you update BT after the upgrade installation via Settings/Bluetooth/Update Firmware. BTW these are the same files as 2013. So they won't do anything new.

Format as FAT32. Just guessing - sounds like you need the correct CARDINFO.cif file. 

Yeah I formatted in FAT32 the first time.  Yeah I swapped FIRMWARE folder from 2013, 2015 etc nothing happens.  The navi appears like it didn't recognize the SD.  However, the same SD with all those junks in there, I put TESTMODE file, it'll go into test mode so obviously it sees the SD card.

Will try again:

1) format SD to FAT32

2) Copy 2015 map UPDATE folder to root SD

3) Copy 2015 FIRMWARE folder to root SD

4) copy VERINFO file (from Pionara) to UPDATE folder

5) copy CARDINFO (from 2013 map update for 130BT) to root SD

6) Insert SD into navi and ........will update result.

UPDATE:  With the steps above...the result is the same.  Put in the SD card doesn't do anything.  The Navi just goes into normal operation as if it wasn't even there.

UPDATE #2:  I went ahead and put the original VERINFO and CARDINFO that is included in OP link (2015 map), still nothing.  The navi won't do anything. 

I think this map update only works on 120BT or earlier???

Okay...found this thread by Pionara which rescued my a$$.  I'm going to post a link here in case someone get into the same craps I just did...

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35109-avic-f10bt-99-installed-wrong-sd-card-insert-right-sd/&do=findComment&comment=258286

Anyways, I think I have enough fun for today and I'm going to hang back for awhile.  I almost $hit a brick a few minutes ago when I couldn't get out of that "No SD card..." issue..  Whew!!!