AVIC411.com

AVH-4100nex issues after iOS9 update

I was hoping there was a forum for these stereos and I found it!

Anyway, I purchased said radio back in May and it worked fine up until I upgraded my iPhone 6+ to iOS9.  Siri only responds to voice commands about 60% of the time.  On iOS 8 anytime I received a incoming text message Siri would say "New Text Message from xxxxxx", now it just beeps.  Pandora is the only 3rd party app that will display on the stereo.  Just downloaded the new Waze app and when I launch it I see the Pioneer logo on my phone but it never displays anything on the stereo.  I sent Pioneer Electronics a message on Twitter just to see if they are working on a firmware release to make the unit more compatible with iOS 9.

Not sure I understand the use of this AppRadio app in the iTunes store.  I downloaded it but it does nothing.

Kinda seems like Pioneer has just abandoned this unit.

Anyway, just curious if I'm the only one seeing these issues.

The AppRadio app is what allows your head unit to have a main screen where all AppRadio compatible apps will appear. The reason you only see Pandora is because it runs independently of AppRadio Mode. Your compatible apps should work without the actual AppRadio app, but you'd have to use the phone to select them. 

With Waze, you have to enable an external display (or something like that) from Waze's settings. 

I used AppRadio mode for a long time. It was always finicky. I have abandoned it for CarPlay.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read the manual and I don't see anything in there that says it requires a different connection than a lightning cable.  I've tried two separate iPhones, I've reset the 4100nex, tried CarPlay and AppRadio and Waze app will still not display on the unit.  I'm not sure how others are getting this to work but it doesn't for me.

Can you tell me what "physical connection" you are using to get it to work for you?

• 2 months later...

You are going to have to get yourself a lightning digital AV connector.

1: Hook the hdmi and lightning cable off the head unit to the connector.

2: disable car play (via input/output setting page on the head unit)

3: switch on your head unit

4: connect your iPhone to the digital av connector

5: launch AppRadio on your phone

6: waze should appear as one of the apps on your head unit

Don't forget to enable 'control waze from your car unit' in your waze settings.

My problem is that I'm unable to control waze from the head unit.