AVIC411.com

Pioneer 4100Nex Password Screen

Issue - I have Pioneer 4100Nex  that I had set a password on  my battery died which reset the unit. I am at the password screen know the password but  it seems there was a loss of calibration on the screen and when I tap the bottom row of characters they are not accessible. I called Pioneer and they said pull the unit and send it in and wait 3 weeks and they can clear it out.

Is there any alternative solution for this?

Thanks in advance for any response or assistance  

I had the same problem. I had numbers in my password and couldn't turn the numbers on because it was no on screen. Well Half of the button was sticking up from the bottom of the screen. But no matter what, If I tapped it with a pen end, something very small, it would still hit above it. Pioneer said the same thing. send it in. I was just gonna take back to best buy. but I was messing with it and taking my finger nail and just swirling in around the screen and it finally let me change the keyboard to numbers. but then when i hit enter which is about the delete, it would delete the whole password. then I learned to put the cursor to the left so it couldn't delete anything. So I would just take your finger and twirl it around the screen and don't go straight to the button your trying to hit on the bottom. when going around and when going to to try and hit it, take your finger and start from the opposite side on bottom and drag it on the bottom edge and just stop on the top of the botton your trying to hit. It worked for me. then I just removed the numbers from my password. Never had the problem again. happened in may 5 months ago.. good luck

Yep that's my problem I have numbers in my password  I used a toothpick to hit the very bottom corner and the above shift/capitalize key is selected

and  same goes for the Go/Enter on the other side 

I think what chaps me the most about this is when I called Pioneer and before I half way go out what the issue the gentlemen I was speaking with was already telling what to do made it seem like it was a known issue. 

Guess it's easier for them just to have the end user rip out the deck and wait 3 weeks for the reset then to fix the issue all together (sorry for the rant just frustrated ) 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, if you stole the password-protected device, you can remove the password :)

It is extremely easy and password can be removed just in 1 minute.

This is my first post here.  I didn't steal my 4100NEX, but when I was working on the HU to add some additional cables USB and HDMI to the back it failed to power up right after doing that.  So then I thought the HU was dead.  I then removed the main plug and pulled the 10amp fuse, and plugged it back in, then it finally powered up, and now it's asking for the password I set, but I forgot it.  The password hint shows, but I tried various passwords that I thought I set, but none of them work.  If you could please PM me the procedure I would be greatly appreciative of that.

• 1 month later...

Update. got it booted to testmode.  Where do i find/dump or remove password? i bought this from best buy as a open box unit and they didnt plug it up when returned to see if it needed clearing (the stereo guy got deployed).  They will replace, I just dont want to go to the trouble of ripping the unit out and putting it back in.

• 10 months later...

Yes, if you stole the password-protected device, you can remove the password :)

It is extremely easy and password can be removed just in 1 minute.

Hey, I just bought a car yesterday with this deck in it but its password protected. I asked the guy I got it from but he got the deck from a buddie of his and doesn't know the password either. Think you can help me out to remove it?

• 2 weeks later...