AVIC411.com
dannyy72

Update or not?

Hello, newbie. Just bought a used avic-x930bt. Works well, looks great, no issues at all right now. I have been reading and there seems to be updates I can install and it looks like the previous owner has not done it yet. It's still running on firmware 3.000. Can some one give me the pros and cons? What's the latest firmware for this unit? I want to do this firmware update but "if it's not broken, don't fix it" keeps popping into my mind. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks. Oh BTW, the deck is from US and I am in Canada if that make a difference.

Thanks for the info RonS. Are there step by step instructions somewhere in this forum? Can you kindly direct me to them? Thanks

The hack to bypass the installation security password hasn't been published yet for the 2015 upgrade for Z130bt, x930bt, Z140bh or X940bt. Hopefully soon.

If you want to install the 2013 upgrade, look for that thread in hacks sub-forum. There were no new features added for 2015. BT firmware is the same.

Just upgraded my 930bt to the 2015 maps/features.  No complaints so far. Rear camera now has adjustable guidelines, some more colors added to the maps when you zoom out, some other small changes.

That's the only one I can find lol

I bet if you looked around a little you'd find something newer and cheaper hint