AVIC411.com

Ipod classic updates???

I got burned by the whole no video output thing also in my D3 in my haste to have the news stuff. I called apple direct and they said they will have a cable ready in a few weeks but I have a feeling that the guy was talking about something different.

Has anyone contacted Pioneer at all to see if they know about the probelm and are working on anything. I am trying to make a decision on whether to wait for a new cable that will work the same as the old one or to try and with a 5th generation ipod before they all disappear.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little confused by different Ipods and now the newer versions which are coming out. For the Avic D3 I want to make sure that I have an Ipod that will be compatible with the interface. So maybe you guys can help me out here.

First, which version of Ipod, shuffle, Nano or Ipod will work with the D3 interface?

Secondly, will the new Ipods that are coming out be compatible with the D3?

any ipod with a dock connector will work as an audio device. for video you need an ipod video (5th gen or 5.5 gen)

Not exactly true. Sure, the new ipods will work with the D3, but the track info display doesn't update when it goes to the next song. Doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but after a day or so of that, you're gonna be hating it. A LOT.

Basically, until somebody works out some kind of fix for all those issues, you're better off getting one og the 5th gen ipods.

And KNIGHT20: Mine was $200 because it's brand new in the box with all the included... stuff. I don't trust buying used electronics from strangers sight unseen. Hell, the only reason I bought the new ipod off ebay was because every store in a 25 mile radius was out of them and the cheapest I could find on in online stores was like $300.

I got burned by the whole no video output thing also in my D3 in my haste to have the news stuff. I called apple direct and they said they will have a cable ready in a few weeks but I have a feeling that the guy was talking about something different.

Has anyone contacted Pioneer at all to see if they know about the probelm and are working on anything. I am trying to make a decision on whether to wait for a new cable that will work the same as the old one or to try and with a 5th generation ipod before they all disappear.

I think if you look further into the forums, you will see that the classic will work with the d3 for videos...providing you buy a cd-I200 cable.

No. It will not play videos due to the Apple authorization chip they installed in the new ones.

Basically the video out on the new ipods can only be turned on when used with an adapter with one of Apple's little chips in it, IE only with Apple products.

Read this topic: LINK