AVIC411.com

AVH-4100NEX system reset not working

The display on my AVH-4100NEX only shows the guidelines for the backup camera, not image from the camera since I have the camera disconnected from the radio.  It seems like the radio is stuck in video mode.  When I try to reset the system by pressing the reset button, the system reset button is not resetting the radio system. 

I need help and any suggestion that will help me fix this problem. 

Thanks

• 6 months later...

The display on my AVH-4100NEX only shows the guidelines for the backup camera, not image from the camera since I have the camera disconnected from the radio.  It seems like the radio is stuck in video mode.  When I try to reset the system by pressing the reset button, the system reset button is not resetting the radio system. 

I need help and any suggestion that will help me fix this problem. 

Thanks

I'm having the same issue with my Avic 8100NEX.  Anyone have a solution?  I just installed the head unit and Alpine HCE-C125 camera.  I disconnected camera completely to see if I could get out of mode.  Screen is displaying the guidelines like the OP stated, and none of the buttons on the unit will respond to change mode.  (Nav., Maps, Home Button)  I have tried the reset button, have disconnected, reconnected battery.  Oh, but the loud annoying speed limit warning is working.  I currently have the camera and its power wire disconnected but cant get out of camera mode (still showing guidelines).  Any suggestions appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Great help for Ernest T, but not for the OP. Just like the OP, my 4100/4200 has the same issue, the HU starts with the camera grid lines showing, and I can't get off of the screen. My BU camera does work, putting the truck into reverse and my camera works just fine, however as soon as you take it out of reverse the screen goes back to the Grid lines screen, the home button is not on, (all the other buttons are lit) and even the reset button does not get me past this grid lines screen. 

Any help for us?

In my mind either the install is wrong, the camera is defective or the HU needs service.

If you have tried reseting the unit aswell as disconecting the unit from power ( perhaps let it sit disconnected overnight)  and still no complete restore to factory fresh...I would send the HU in for service.

AHHHHhhhh. Resetting the power did not work, but before returning the unit to Best Buy(with a 4 year warranty), I accidentally stumbled onto this...

Press and Hold the {MUTE}+{HOME} 2-5 seconds(hold until the HU beeps) then release, and it EXITS the guidelines for the backup camera and returns to the Home screen.

I still have many more settings to set, but I am now back ontrack. Hopefully it will work for Dav448

Thanks