AVIC411.com

Iphone 6 and car play issues (no sound)

I have an Iphone 6 I just recently bought that is updated with the most recent apple software. I'm on my second Avic 8000NEX, first one was replaced due to hardware issues. I've been having issues with car play and no sound. I hook up the lightning chord to the phone and car play pops up and I hit play and it works, but if I leave my car and jump back in 20 minutes later to hook it up I wont get sound at all. I'm updated with the most recent Pioneer software as well and I replaced my lightning chord, that didn't seem to help at all. 

One more issue, I have a membership with Tidal and love the sound quality, but It rarely works (no sound). When it works it sounds great but when I get back in the car no sound and Tidal keeps playing the song. This is really frustrating because on bluetooth it doesnt work either for both problems. ANy help would be great. 

Myles

• 4 weeks later...

Experiencing same thing with iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 9.1 and Avic-8100NEX F/W 1.03

Utilizing CarPlay via USB1 (Upper USB port).

As iPhone is muted when this happens even when unplugged from head unit USB, I'm thinking it's an Apple bug.

Upgraded this evening to iOS 9.2, Hopefully this fixes the problem.

Otherwise I'll contact Apple support, see if they have any better solution than hard resetting the iPhone each time this happens (Long press Home and Sleep button until Apple logo appears).

Similar issue here, though it won't always do it.  When it does it though, if I try to play sound through my phone after disconnecting, the phone plays are garbled electronic sound and the only options is to reboot the phone.

I just updated to 9.2 last night and the issue remains.

I've also got similar problems with an AVIC 5000. Up until last night I had an iPhone 6. It is a roll of the dice as to music making it out through the AVIC. I just upgraded to an iPhone 6s on 9.2 and the problem is worse. I'm feeling like this is mostly an Apple issue because It appears that audio from Siri and other apps will work, it's Apple Music that is the problem. No sound. The playback progress counts away. Sometimes I will hear a super loud digital buzzing sound until I unplug the phone.

Sometimes a reboot fixes all of this, sometimes not. It's honestly bad enough that if I could turn off CarPlay altogether I could.

-jerm

I don't know if this will help you guys, but I was having the same issues and more until last night.  I did the tips mentioned in this post and so far my 8100 is working close to perfect.  

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81692-carplay-keeps-crashing-nex4000/

Here's to hoping.  If the mods want to delete my redundant thread, feel free.