AVIC411.com

Black Screen after startup 8100NEX

Hey guys,

I just installed an 8100 last Thursday   Took he truck for a drive to fill it up and everything worked fine.  When I got back in, I noticed the splash screen, then on to Load... with the radio playing, but after Load popped up, the screen went blank, and that was it.  The buttons did not react, and never could get it to respond.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I just bought the unit on amazon, but found out its not warranty-able from Pioneer.  The tech at Pioneer told me to try the factory Reset, and if that did not work, to send it in.  Just want to see if this has happened to anyone else. 

I have a 6100nex bought from car toys installed on Monday 11-16 went home played with unit next morning start car to go to work blank screen, all radio functions worked, no display.  I found if I press and hold map button the display comes back online.  Getting car toys to change out unit on Friday 11-20.

I've had similar issues with a newly installed NEX 8100.  The screen will go black and all control is lost.  I've also had issues where the audio stops working forcing me to pull over and restart the ignition.  I'm not sure if it's an installation issue or an issue with the head unit itself but I'd sure like more feedback from others experience in this area.

• 2 weeks later...

Please call up pioneer tech support and report this. I've already reported this problem to them and they act like the have never heard of it before. I was told by their service manager that the more people who call to report it the more likely the issue will get noticed and repaired. Call (800) 421-1404

I had a AVIC-8100 NEX installed last week.  Almost from the beginning it has crashed/rebooted randomly.  I am using an iPhone 6.  Sometimes it crashes/reboots when I touch the "messages" icon in carplay.  Sometimes the "phone" icon.  Sometimes holding the "home" button to activate Siri causes it to crash.  Sometimes when people call into my phone while it's hooked to carplay it crashes.  I love the looks of this head unit, and I want it to work correctly.  I was hoping it was just a lemon and that a replacement would fix it.  Now, after reading your posts, I'm starting to have my doubts.  I have tried multiple phones, my wife's iphone 6, my daughter's iphone 5.  They have all encountered the crash/reboot issue.  I am sure it's the head unit.  The installer is willing to install a replacement or downgrade my 8100 to an older 8000 NEX.  It has a firmware 1.08 and seems to run smoother in the demo room than my 8100.  I've read that dust gets behind the 8000 screen over time.  What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Mark

• 6 years later...
On 11/16/2015 at 11:17 AM, Razz2o4 said:

Hey guys,

I just installed an 8100 last Thursday   Took he truck for a drive to fill it up and everything worked fine.  When I got back in, I noticed the splash screen, then on to Load... with the radio playing, but after Load popped up, the screen went blank, and that was it.  The buttons did not react, and never could get it to respond.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I just bought the unit on amazon, but found out its not warranty-able from Pioneer.  The tech at Pioneer told me to try the factory Reset, and if that did not work, to send it in.  Just want to see if this has happened to anyone else. 

I have a 7200 NEX and it's happening to me also. Good thing I found this thread. I'm going to try it. hopefully it works. Thanks