AVIC411.com

vehicle odbII Bluetooth to 8100 nex

Was messing with the settings the other day, noticed the vehicle information tile, thought it would link up to a Bluetooth ODBII reader. Ordered one plugged it up, how do I get it to pair, keeps asking to Imput password on the adaptor (not possible) am I even doing this right help would be appreciated, could not find info in the manual on this.......thank you.....

• 1 month later...

Even with iDataLink Maestro RR is not possible to get ODBII reading on the NEX series.

I contacted their support and there is a huge gap between them to make this work.

http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=318&t=12742&start=15

So basically only the steering wheel controls that are supported right now, but there is another really important observation.

They have 2 products and as far as I understood it works like this:

Maestro RR - If your car sends Steering wheels functions via CANBUS to the radio you must use this one.

Maestro SW - If you car sends restive signals to the radio, you must use this one.

But please do confirm on their webpage http://maestro.idatalink.com/

• 3 months later...

Can't you use the wireless OBD II adapter from like PLX or  OBDLink to the iPhone then use the DashCommand app via Carplay?  I know it works with the 5000 supposedly as a option.

you can use OBD II adapter for DashCommand, i have it running on my android via MirrorLink.

FYI - the 8200 does not supply vehicle info via idatalink OBD II port. Speed / rpm / fuel / temp etc. you can also now see tire pressure ..

Nice upgrade for my 2012 Wrangler..

Your post does not make sense with that not in there.

If it does not supply vehicle info via idatalink OBD II port, then how does it supply "Speed / rpm / fuel / temp etc. you can also now see tire pressure"???

Your post does not make sense with that not in there.

If it does not supply vehicle info via idatalink OBD II port, then how does it supply "Speed / rpm / fuel / temp etc. you can also now see tire pressure"???

Wireless OBD II transmitter sent to your phone then linked via iOS carplay to radio.  Google it!  Plenty of videos on Pioneer and Dashcommand working together.