AVIC411.com

Sorry for my misunderstandings. I can see odometer's values correctly. The "problem" is: when i'm not driving the position is always correct and very accurate (with GPS signal), but when i start moving it is always a little bit late. It could be a problem because if there are a lot of side streets can be hard to see the good one.

Another issue is positioning under tunnels or without gps: after some Kms the car doesn't follow the right direction but steers a little bit on the right (also with 3D calibration almost completed). The result is that sometimes the route is left on the left side and you do not have informations about the remaining lenght till tunnel's end.

Also calibration is quite nerd: it always reset itself after about 2-.3K Kms or other cases (i think sometimes also with really low temp).

I'll stick by my suggestion above and would advise you to determine if your VSS wire is connected. It has nothing really to do with the odometer reading (or speedometer, if that's what you meant). It will supplement the GPS system by factoring in the vehicle speed, helping to determine your car's exact position. For example, if you drive into a tunnel and lose GPS signal, then the navigation system can use the vehicle's speed data to track your position on the map until it regains a GPS signal.

Sorry if that doesn't work, but your issue seems to point squarely at the VSS wire needing to be connected.

-----------------------------

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LRno8HHqYHP/learn/learningcenter/car/navigation_install.html

Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)

In addition to the standard power and ground leads, some navigation systems also connect to a vehicle's Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) wire. Your vehicle's cruise control uses the VSS wire to determine the vehicle's speed — it serves the same function for the navigation system. (Don't substitute the tachometer signal wire for the VSS wire — the tach signal wire sends pulses as long as the engine is running, even when the car is sitting still.) The VSS wire sends a series of pulses (from 800 to just over 1,000 per mile) only when the vehicle is in motion. If the VSS wire is not hooked up, the navigation system may not realize that the car is moving at all, and might be unable to track position as accurately.